⭐ OFFICIAL 2020-2021 NBA Off-Season Thread: Olympics begin 7/23; NBA Draft 7/29⭐

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’d be surprised if Luke gets another NBA HC right after the Kings eventually fire him. NBA assistant or maybe college HC.
I’ll bet his next gig would be one of the Cali D1 schools, it’s so many of em and they always lookin for anybody with a name word to Reggie Theus...Probly Long Beach or Cal State Fullerton

Puke gonna play beach volleyball at Manhattan Beach if he gets fired. Or back to being an assistant under Kerr.

I hope to one day leverage my career and reputation to get someone in the door who needs it. Nepotism is a good thing man, people who have achieved things SHOULD be able to use that to uplift people whom they feel need a hand or use their same positive equity to help someone "cut the line" so to speak as Luke Walton did.
I wouldn't say I've achieved a ton, but the good thing about my line of work is I'm able to put on friends for jobs for my clients and help them expand their businesses. Feels good.

I think he deserved it anyway after all the plays over the years when he was given an extra long leash and didn't get hit with a tech.

Ehhh he might have had a long leash in the past and deserve some "make-up techs". However, aside from not thinking he was deserving of one in this instance, it was extreme considering it was his second resulting in ejection. I know there was all this talk about how he wouldn't have made a difference defensively but that was looked at on a 1v1 basis and it's indisputable their offense is better with him out there.

It is what it is, though. Shouldn't have been in that position anyway.

I can’t blame turner for signing shaq. The majority of fans wanted shaq in there once he retired because for some reason they thought he was funn. NTers included. I remember when he tried to twerk on bron at the all star practice and people thought it was the funniest thing in the world :lol:

Shaq do have funny moments. But It’s his bullying that’s tarnishing that.

This is prolly my top 3 funniest moment of Inside The NBA.

I hope to one day leverage my career and reputation to get someone in the door who needs it. Nepotism is a good thing man, people who have achieved things SHOULD be able to use that to uplift people whom they feel need a hand or use their same positive equity to help someone "cut the line" so to speak as Luke Walton did.
I wouldn't say I've achieved a ton, but the good thing about my line of work is I'm able to put on friends for jobs for my clients and help them expand their businesses. Feels good.

Putting people on >>>>> . I've felt more satisfied seeing people I took fliers on end up flourishing than anything I've accomplished.

Puke gonna play beach volleyball at Manhattan Beach if he gets fired. Or back to being an assistant under Kerr.
Related to this but ain’t Chase Budinger just stop trying stick round in the league n went to play pro volleyball? He was like the volleyball version of Connaughton with how every time yo played it had to be mentioned plus his vertical :lol: :smh:

C8JJ7f8VoAU3Dsw.jpg

Its a double edged sword. Sometimes its worth it and sometimes it isn't. Most recently, I looked out for someone career wise and it bit me in the ***. Not gonna stop helping people though.

Last edited:
Related to this but ain’t Chase Budinger just stop trying stick round in the league n went to play pro volleyball? He was like the volleyball version of Connaughton with how every time yo played it had to be mentioned plus his vertical :lol: :smh:
Yup :lol: I actually think he played overseas for a year or two after getting out the league then retired and started doing the volleyball thing. I really thought he was going to be nice. My memory makes me feel like he was around 20/5/5 on 50/40/90 (probably a tad less on all those numbers) his last year at Zona but he was a late second round pick |l

Back to what we were talking about this morning, since it's on now, The Jump is a solid example of what a basketball show probably should be, IMO. They put a good mix of people on there and rotate.

I only hire my ENEMIES.

Guess I’m just built different. 😤💪

Never put too much trust in friends, learn how to use enemies. "Be wary of friends— they will betray you more quickly, for they are easily aroused to envy. They also become spoiled and tyrannical. But hire a former enemy and he will be more loyal than a friend, because he has more to prove.

The 48 Laws of Power: Law 2: Never put too Much Trust in Friends, Learn how to use Enemies http://48laws-of-power.blogspot.com/2011/05/law-2-never-put-too-much-trust-in.html

Nepotism is whack. It’s why we end up with privilege problems. There’s no equity in that version of resource distribution. You end with guys like Luke as a coach.

Yea but CBB isn't fun to watch for young kids. It was for us but with as many things fighting for the time of a teenager in 2020, I don't BLAME them for not watching.

That is a CBB issue. They need to make their game more accessible to younger eyes.

So I took sum time to think about this & you know what? I fully disagree with you. In life, there will ALWAYS be things you have to do but isn't fun/enjoyable for you to do. but you still gotta do them!! What does sacrifice mean? Giving up something you want for something you want MORE...giving up the enjoyment of watching NBA by watching CBB since that will be better for their improvement. Plus, it's an acquired taste & they will grow to love it, especially if they really claim to love or be about that HOOP LIFE. YOU as a coach/life mentor/big bro need to hit them with that TRUTH BOMB.

Never put too much trust in friends, learn how to use enemies. "Be wary of friends— they will betray you more quickly, for they are easily aroused to envy. They also become spoiled and tyrannical. But hire a former enemy and he will be more loyal than a friend, because he has more to prove.

The 48 Laws of Power: Law 2: Never put too Much Trust in Friends, Learn how to use Enemies http://48laws-of-power.blogspot.com/2011/05/law-2-never-put-too-much-trust-in.html

Turning state’s witness against my best friend.

So I took sum time to think about this & you know what? I fully disagree with you. In life, there will ALWAYS be things you have to do but isn't fun/enjoyable for you to do. but you still gotta do them!! What does sacrifice mean? Giving up something you want for something you want MORE...giving up the enjoyment of watching NBA by watching CBB since that will be better for their improvement. Plus, it's an acquired taste & they will grow to love it, especially if they really claim to love or be about that HOOP LIFE. YOU as a coach/life mentor/big bro need to hit them with that TRUTH BOMB.
That makes sense to grown men like us but asking and/or expecting children to have the foresight to see things like that simply isn't fair.

Only a select few kids will get/understand that concept.

Only a smaller selection will actually DO it.

I can say whatever to them but outside of me sitting down and watching film WITH them, I can't do control what they are wired to do.

Nepotism is whack. It’s why we end up with privilege problems. There’s no equity in that version of resource distribution. You end with guys like Luke as a coach.
So more to nepotism than just putting on your people. There's alot more wrong with it as well.

I am sure yall are only focusing on the extremely negative instances of it but whatever. Yall can keep up the fake nobility.

That makes sense to grown men like us but asking and/or expecting children to have the foresight to see things like that simply isn't fair.

Only a select few kids will get/understand that concept.

Only a smaller selection will actually DO it.

I can say whatever to them but outside of me sitting down and watching film WITH them, I can't do control what they are wired to do.

I don't even think you need to give them all that logic. I want you to just bug the hell out of them by constantly bringing up CBB every chance.

"Did you see the ___ vs ___ game?"
"That _____ from University X is nice AF"
"Uni X always got nice *** PGs coming in"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom