⭐ OFFICIAL 2020-2021 NBA Off-Season Thread: Olympics begin 7/23; NBA Draft 7/29⭐

Status
Not open for further replies.
there's no way you watched Kobe retire, then ultimately pass... hear all the countless players stories about him & their admiration & come off with nah he wasn't that influential :lol: . **** ain't even worth a discussion
Well the convo was more about Play Style and not how much people loved the player.

Also, Nobody said he wasn't "that influential."

The league was trending that way with or without Steph. The Nash suns pushed it that way

Kinda...It was still never proven that a 3pt shooting team can win a chip. You would hear a lot of "You die by the jump shot". Steph and the Warriors made that big leap forward and proved that not only can they win a chip, they can create a dynasty out of it. Like it or not, Steph did change the way people saw the game and played the game. That cannot be denied.

Iverson and Steph have a similar terrible impact on the pickup game. Little dudes thinking they’re iverson trying to drive and shoot every time vs. dudes chucking from 30 feet on metal backboard double rims.

What's more confusing is that some of the runs I go to don't even count 3s yet they still shoot those 30 footers.

That’s fair. But to say Curry himself influenced it would be disingenuous to Klay who was also apart of that GS team.
I mean Klay Thompson deserves some credit but he wasn't in this conversation though.

Yes, he deserves part of the shine but Klay wasn't the one taking these shots off the dribble. (Which is something we hadn't seen).

Steph spearheaded that for sure but Klay was his right hand man for sure.

What's more confusing is that some of the runs I go to don't even count 3s yet they still shoot those 30 footers.
I also prefer going by 2's and 3's instead of 1's and 2's.

Mathematically, it makes much more sense to go by 2's and 3's

A 3pt shot shouldn't be 2x the value of a 2pt shot.

Does influential = beloved?

We need to define the word influential because a lot of people seem to have different criteria and that's where the disconnect is.

Yep that's what I said to DC at the start of this. There's influence on how the game is played (which is what a lot of people seem to be talking about) and influence in terms of who up and coming players look up to. Kobe wouldn't be in the first definition but 100% in the latter. Both discussions are fun and stimulating but the distinction absolutely changes the answer.

Kinda...It was still never proven that a 3pt shooting team can win a chip. You would hear a lot of "You die by the jump shot". Steph and the Warriors made that big leap forward and proved that not only can they win a chip, they can create a dynasty out of it. Like it or not, Steph did change the way people saw the game and played the game. That cannot be denied.

This take aged like all white women not named Taylor Swift:rofl: :rofl:

I also prefer going by 2's and 3's instead of 1's and 2's.

Mathematically, it makes much more sense to go by 2's and 3's

A 3pt shot shouldn't be 2x the value of a 2pt shot.

This was a HUGE pet peeve for me to go by 1s and 2s...
If you make 60% of your 1s and 20% of your 2s...this is what a game can look like:
Game to 7:
Team A: Shoots 6 for 10 from the field to almost win
Team B: Shoots 3 for 10 and that's considered a good % because now it's tied

It encourages chucking from deep which ruins the game. Everyone starts playing like last year's Bucks team.

If you count 2s and 3s, now that changes the game drastically and it's more balanced.

:lol: :lol:

this a real take? i won't look it up but i'm almost certain this man was all nba during that 3peat and game didn't fall off during the playoffs. why would redemption be necessary?
Yes this is a real take I’m not going to get into it today tho.

Ben Simmons is light skinned Anthony mason

I only used Anthony Mason's prime to get a similar and relevant sample size and I could have pared it down even more but didn't want to cherry pick too much but :wow: :rofl:

1609861109081.png

I only used Anthony Mason's prime to get a similar and relevant sample size and I could have pared it down even more but didn't want to cherry pick too much but :wow: :rofl:

1609861109081.png

The 96 season Mase played point forward for the hornets and put up Ben Simmons production.

stay woke

VC influenced a generation too, to an extent.
Yep, for sure up North he needs full credits.

This was a HUGE pet peeve for me to go by 1s and 2s...
If you make 60% of your 1s and 20% of your 2s...this is what a game can look like:
Game to 7:
Team A: Shoots 6 for 10 from the field to almost win
Team B: Shoots 3 for 10 and that's considered a good % because now it's tied

It encourages chucking from deep which ruins the game. Everyone starts playing like last year's Bucks team.

If you count 2s and 3s, now that changes the game drastically and it's more balanced.

I am with you 100% man. 1's and 2's just make no sense in 2020 now that people SHOULD know better. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom