⭐ OFFICIAL 2020-2021 NBA Off-Season Thread: Olympics begin 7/23; NBA Draft 7/29⭐

Status
Not open for further replies.
Warriors should trade Steph

Already got wiseman, get Cade in the draft. Have Minnesota’s pick. The stuff you’d get in a steph deal, trade him.

Can’t have Steph wasting away his prime like this.

Lol the group chat laughed when I said GSW wasn’t top 10 in the conference

even with klay they would have been a play in team

Steph, washed Dray, and mid to terrible players ain’t it. They play in the toughest division in the league before you get to the rest of the conference

They were clearly a play in team by xmas 2020 and the Warriors are delusional if they think Klay is the answer

They have to make a huge splash with their assets otherwise they need to try and trade steph to get started on the rebuild. He’s too good to miss the playoffs in back to back years in his prime.

What’s the path to contention?

PG/AD/Giannis/Bron etc. all resigned. Even if Kawhi leaves LAC it won’t be for GSW

Their money is all tied up into Steph/Klay/Dray. Klay’s got an ACL and Achilles and he’s also going to be in his 30’s when he comes back. Dray is cooked and they can’t afford to build out the team around those 3.

The clear way back for GSW is Wiseman/Cunningham/Mobley or like something.

😬😬😬

The Lakers won the championship last season. They're literally the only team in the league with nothing to prove because they've already done it. Clippers, Nets, Bucks, Sixers, are all under far more pressure than the defending champs. We're going to win anyway but let's not make up false narratives.

I really don't understand this ALA stuff. Y'all need to move on. Did the Lakers make you guys cry when you guys were kids? Did they beat your favorite team so bad that you hold a lifelong vendetta?
They were my favorite team. Then they did **** I didn't agree with. That simple.

Screenshot_20210522-042023_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20210522-042042_Chrome.jpg

What’s the path to contention?

PG/AD/Giannis/Bron etc. all resigned. Even if Kawhi leaves LAC it won’t be for GSW

Their money is all tied up into Steph/Klay/Dray. Klay’s got an ACL and Achilles and he’s also going to be in his 30’s when he comes back. Dray is cooked and they can’t afford to build out the team around those 3.

The clear way back for GSW is Wiseman/Cunningham/Mobley or like something.

They have a pretty clear path to competing soon. Assuming Klay is somewhat himself they have a solid core of Klay/Curry/Wiggins/Draymond. They can also package their pick (#14) Wiseman and the wolves pick (6-10) for another player. Even if they run it back, just the addition of Klay Thompson will make them a top 4 seed

Last edited:
Lol the group chat laughed when I said GSW wasn’t top 10 in the conference

even with klay they would have been a play in team

Steph, washed Dray, and mid to terrible players ain’t it. They play in the toughest division in the league before you get to the rest of the conference

But they were top 8 in the conference. Doesn't that make your statement false?

Injuries killed the warriors this year.

Pay whatever Oubre wants for 1-3 year deal
Sign quality vets for the min
Run it back

Warriors can easily do a Miami Heat/Brooklyn Nets type of rebuild after Steph's career is over.

It’s crazy just how far behind the NFL they are.

I remember a couple of years ago someone in here would repeatedly claim that the NBA would surpass the NFL by now.

The nature of the sports are different, especially given that the NFL only plays one day per week as opposed to the NBA basically being played every single day.

Also, the NBA's audience tends to be younger people who are cable cutters and post on social media (contrast that with the NFL's audience which is older, whiter people who are likely to have cable subscriptions). If you notice, the NBA official account has many more followers than the NFL account and NBA Reddit has many more followers than the NFL Reddit. The NBA is more popular when it comes to conversation around sports (offseason, trades, social media, etc.)

The nature of the sports are different, especially given that the NFL only plays one day per week as opposed to the NBA basically being played every single day.

Also, the NBA's audience tends to be younger people who are cable cutters and post on social media (contrast that with the NFL's audience which is older, whiter people who are likely to have cable subscriptions). If you notice, the NBA official account has many more followers than the NFL account and NBA Reddit has many more followers than the NFL Reddit. The NBA is more popular when it comes to conversation around sports (offseason, trades, social media, etc.)
And the stars are exponentially bigger and more famous. By nautical miles. Kobe Steph and Bron is literal kings in asia. They don't gaf about a Tom brady.

Last edited:
Gotta ask everyone their opinion. Why is it that the Nets don’t get the same flack the Warriors got when KD joined then, or even the flack LBJ caught when he teamed up in MIA. I personally like KD (last great Sonic), haven’t been a Harden fan (hate how he played FOR the foul and as a result got so many FTs, but he’s adapted and changed for the better this season IMO), and I think Kyrie is dope. They literally have the greatest offensive trio in NBA HISTORY. KD and Kyrie both decided to team up together via free agency, and Harden forced a trade to basically only go to the Nets. I recognize that the whole teaming up thing is kind of the norm these days, and so many are doing it that SOME are forced to do the same in order to win, but the notion that dudes that are viewed as the top of the top in many respects decide off the court to team up as opposed to going through one another is a tad wack to me sometimes. I’ve just been fascinated that the Nets don’t appear to receive the same animosity that some of those aforementioned situations. Just an observation.
A few points:

I lived in Bk. While I respect their franchise a lot, nobody cares about the Nets fr. They can win a chip and I guarantee that people will only care if they beat LeBron. I like both the Knicks and Nets, I don’t understand why people have such unwavering loyalty to the Knicks and beef about BK, but whatever.

Harden had every right to leave the Rockets. They legit had a contender on their hands last year and traded Capella for a pack of skittles.

Lastly, they just haven’t played enough games. They’ve been hurt all year, Kyrie and KD are in their second year of a team and KD missed a season. I think they’ll start to have the critics o their back, especially tonight against Boston.

i dont think anyone’s expecting klaydagawd to return to 100% any time soon, if ever. but his game isn’t premised on an explosive first step or bounce. as long as he can still elevate from the perimeter and sidestep, his stroke will still be butter.

defensively, no one knows if his lateral quickness will be the same. KD didn’t look too bad defending coming off the achilles so there’s still a chance klay can return to form on that end
But it's not just the Achilles klay has to deal with, it's the acl too. Maybe the reason why he even tore his Achilles to begin with was cuz he was subsciously compensating for his knee

Wonder if they'll (Adam Silver) will keep the same energy from when Harden/Kyrie did the same thing 🤔

WB gonna call Adam Silver and tell him there's too much money riding on Space Jam to suspend Bron.

• Haha
Reactions: ct3
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom