⭐ OFFICIAL 2020-2021 NBA Off-Season Thread: Olympics begin 7/23; NBA Draft 7/29⭐

Status
Not open for further replies.
Voters get it wrong sometimes too. I already said before there’s no reason Steph should be a finalist over Giannis and Luka.

Harden lead the league in scoring 3 years straight and has 1 MVP. KD lead the NBA in scoring 4 years and has 1 MVP. Iverson lead the league in scoring 4 years, 1 MVP.

There’s a 3 game difference between the Mavs and warriors. Steph had a better individual season.

why get worked up over it? He’s not going to win.

Harden should have 2 MVPs anyhow. He was better than Russ that year, better team, better stats, better player it just didn’t line up over the right arbitrary benchmark. Silly.

Steph isn’t winning this year so it’s very funny to see the usual suspects get emotional about him even being “in the conversation”.

A 76’er choke job is very possible. Wouldn’t be the first, second, third, forth, fifth, ............. time.
I’m curious to see if Brett Brown was really the issue and they’ve turned the corner. Not that the Toronto loss was a choke. But last year was a disaster.

I'd love to see a 6ers choke job, but who is guarding Embiid? Bertans? Gannon? Len? I'm like Shaq in that Embiid need to average 42 points, 26 boards, and 7 blocks

Harden should have 2 MVPs anyhow. He was better than Russ that year, better team, better stats, better player it just didn’t line up over the right arbitrary benchmark. Silly.

Steph isn’t winning this year so it’s very funny to see the usual suspects get emotional about him even being “in the conversation”.
It could be argued Harden should have 3

Going to take a massive defensive effort to contain Embiid and the wizards don’t have the discipline to do it.

going to need whatever the Celtics did last year to have a chance.

What the heck is this? This is the most made-up narrative I've ever heard. Detroit was just better than the Lakers, I say this as a die-hard Lakers fan.

:lol: no they weren’t

Lakers had the better record, better coach and better player at almost every position. One of the bigger finals upsets, right up there with the 2011 Finals

And Dame isn’t a proven winner. Steph is getting the nuanced praise because he’s done the big things like lead his team to a championship

Forget the seeding, there are different ways to look at the same data. team last year won 23% without curry, won 54% this year. Historically a significant difference. Team was 2-7 (22%) this year in games he didn't play too. Also, being top 3 is way different than winning it lol. Kobe was top 4 in 06 and top 3 in 07. What are your thoughts on that?
1621603444252.png

The Dame turn is definitely here because people aren’t posting the entire quote. It’s not even that bad :lol:. He said that Steph is definitely in the convo but that Jokic is the MVP. That’s what most people in the thread agree with anyways. The comparison to himself is a bit of a stretch, but this is hardly noteworthy outside of that.

I’m curious to see if Brett Brown was really the issue and they’ve turned the corner. Not that the Toronto loss was a choke. But last year was a disaster.
He was. It’s was a lot of stubbornness to try to make the Al-Embiid thing work when it wasn’t. And the Simmons being a PG thing

There’s plenty of things we haven’t shown in the last month of season to do in the playoffs, primarily Simmons being more of a roll man. Also defensively, it’s gonna be ratcheted up to another level. We were the #2 defense behind the Lakers by 0.2. (Lakers had 106.8 rating, we had 107)

:lol: no they weren’t

Lakers had the better record, better coach and better player at almost every position. One of the bigger finals upsets, right up there with the 2011 Finals

And Dame isn’t a proven winner. Steph is getting the nuanced praise because he’s done the big things like lead his team to a championship

barring injury, the better team always wins a series. It wasn’t an upset

Sixers were one of the elite defenses in the league. I’d be surprised if Washington gets a game, absolutely no chance they get 2.

This is why getting #1 in the East was so important. You only have to play 1 real series to get to the finals. You basically have a 1st & 2nd round bye

Sixers were one of the elite defenses in the league. I’d be surprised if Washington gets a game, absolutely no chance they get 2.

This is why getting #1 in the East was so important. You only have to play 1 real series to get to the finals. You basically have a 1st & 2nd round bye

All facts. Milwaukee’s path to the finals is way more difficult than the Sixers.

I know all YALL want Philly to lose but let’s all be real here. This the first playoffs where the entire main rotation is going into the playoffs healthy, no one is dinged up having bubble guts or having a broken face.

The only way the Wiz keep up is by Bertans going nuclear. They have no one inside to even hold Embiid and theyre Gonna have Raul Neto chasing around Sous Chef

If all eastern conference playoff teams take the let Embiid get his and shut everyone else down approach, Embiid’s body will eventually break down over the course of the playoffs.

Team defence > 1 on 1 defence in the playoffs anyway

no on remembers MVP finalists man. Eat some breakfast

I swear :lol:.

Jokic is the mvp. Steph is in the convo because of his Efficiency, Volume and dragging that roster to a winning record.

Once again, the usual suspects and atlsfinest atlsfinest coming with the intellectual dishonesty.

And also not acting like the reason Dame “wasn’t in the mvp convo” is because his team was 29-37 when the season ended. While Giannis and LeBron were in a 2man race.

Y’all forgot he had to average 45ppg in the bubble, and be rewarded with a “BUBBLE MVP” before he could tip his scoring average to over 30ppg and his 3pt% to over 40%

But atlsfinest atlsfinest knows that. Dame knows that. But YALL play this dishonest game to build some fake narrative about Steph Curry.

It’s sad. Do better. All the information is at your fingertips. atlsfinest atlsfinest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom