⭐ OFFICIAL 2020-2021 NBA Off-Season Thread: Olympics begin 7/23; NBA Draft 7/29⭐

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dame shouldn't be saying this type of thing publicly because he sounds bitter but he's not wrong. The media seems to shift the criteria to suit who they want.

I remember the "his team isn't winning enough" narrative used against Kobe when he averaged 35 and drag that awful Lakers team to the seven seed.

In 2015, Hardin had a better statistical season than Curry but didn't win MVP because his team didn't win as much as the Warriors. Then in 2017, hardens team was much better than Russell Westbrook's but Westbrook won MVP because of his dominant statistics.

Forget the seeding, there are different ways to look at the same data. team last year won 23% without curry, won 54% this year. Historically a significant difference. Team was 2-7 (22%) this year in games he didn't play too. Also, being top 3 is way different than winning it lol. Kobe was top 4 in 06 and top 3 in 07. What are your thoughts on that?

Last edited:
Dame shouldn't be saying this type of thing publicly because he sounds bitter but he's not wrong. The media seems to shift the criteria to suit who they want.

I remember the "his team isn't winning enough" narrative used against Kobe when he averaged 35 and drag that awful Lakers team to the seven seed.

In 2015, Hardin had a better statistical season than Curry but didn't win MVP because his team didn't win as much as the Warriors. Then in 2017, hardens team was much better than Russell Westbrook's but Westbrook won MVP because of his dominant statistics.

dame's almost got a point, but he's making a mountain out of a mole hill. as much as i'd like to see it, we know steph aint gonna get that MVP. "being in the conversation" is a far distance from being an actual contender.

The Blazers were 8 games UNDER .500 before the bubble….

Dame going out sad man :smh:. You can see the Twitter **** getting to his head.

Buddy too cool to feed into the nonsense. Just hoop!

Last edited:

The kobe bryant narrative is a joke.

kobe bryant was on a dynasty. Shaq's team won 3 straight titles. They went to a 4th Finals in 5 years. The Lakers were -550 favorites to win that Finals. kobe bryant decided that the Lakers were going to win that championship under one circumstance and one circumstance only; if he won Finals MVP. He proceeded with his agenda and cost the Lakers a championship. He then told management that if they extend Shaq's contract, he (kobe bryant) will not re-sign once his contract is up. The Lakers proceeded to trade Shaq and became a garbage team. They didn't make the playoffs the first year. The next year, kobe bryant blew a 3-1 lead, air-balled the series-winner in game 6 and quit on his team in game 7. The next year, he demanded a trade. He made his own bed and then cried about it.

This person is closer to Least Valuable Player than he is Most Valuable Player.

And yes, I know recently Shaq or Jeanie came out and said that kobe didn't force them to trade Shaq. The reason they trade Shaq was because they "didn't have enough money to pay Shaq the max." Those are all lies to save-face now that he's dead. You'd have to be a damn fool to think the Lakers didn't have enough money to pay Shaq.

But did he lie?

The Blazers were 8 games UNDER .500 before the bubble….

Dame going out sad man :smh:. You can see the Twitter **** getting to his head.

Buddy too cool to feed into the nonsense. Just hoop!
So basically shut up and dribble.

Nah I agree tho it trips me up too cause I'll see one of his postgame interviews and he says all the right things and then some I'm often impressed. But than youll see him not get back on defense to argue a call or post about something silly on Twitter.

kobe bryant decided that the Lakers were going to win that championship under one circumstance and one circumstance only; if he won Finals MVP. He proceeded with his agenda and cost the Lakers a championship. [/COLOR]

What the heck is this? This is the most made-up narrative I've ever heard. Detroit was just better than the Lakers, I say this as a die-hard Lakers fan. Kobe didn't cost the Lakers anything. I would admit he didn't play well but the Lakers were going to lose that series anyway. The Lakers and Pistons could have played 10 times and Detroit still would have won, especially with Malone injured. This narrative that Kobe was gunning for finals MVP and cost the Lakers in the end is completely made up.

What the heck is this? This is the most made-up narrative I've ever heard. Detroit was just better than the Lakers, I say this as a die-hard Lakers fan. Kobe didn't cost the Lakers anything. I would admit he didn't play well but the Lakers were going to lose that series anyway. The Lakers and Pistons could have played 10 times and Detroit still would have won, especially with Malone injured. This narrative that Kobe was gunning for finals MVP and cost the Lakers in the end is completely made up.

So made up that at least one member of the 2003-2004 Lakers said it publicly, right? How much better were the Pistons that the oddsmakers had the Lakers at -550? And don't start with the Karl Malone injury excuse.

To say that kobe bryant "didn't play well" is an understatement. He played like complete ****. But that's what he usually did in the Finals anyway.

Blazers were 4 games under .500 last year and Dame didn’t lead the league in scoring.

Also, Curry ain’t winning this year either so the point is irrelevant. Media is hyping it up for views, but Jokic won a long time ago.

Thanks for pointing me in the direction of the already made playoff thread. Bums.....

Dame’s right. They do make up **** as they go for certain people, but none of that matters cause embiid and Steph are really there because they couldn’t have just 1 finalist. Jokic wins going away......

gvhp2223 gvhp2223 , guy I knew used to subscribe to the Kobe rode coattails for 3 straight years to the finals.....dude legit didn’t know Kobe was at least 2nd team all nba during that 3peat. I’m sure you’re not, but you seem like him.

Thanks for pointing me in the direction of the already made playoff thread. Bums.....

Dame’s right. They do make up **** as they go for certain people, but none of that matters cause embiid and Steph are really there because they couldn’t have just 1 finalist. Jokic wins going away......

gvhp2223 gvhp2223 , guy I knew used to subscribe to the Kobe rode coattails for 3 straight years to the finals.....dude legit didn’t know Kobe was at least 2nd team all nba during that 3peat. I’m sure you’re not, but you seem like him.

Been watching the league religiously since 1992. I know who does what. I know what bryant did in the regular season, I know what he did in the playoffs and I know what he did in the Finals.

I think wiz win at least 2 games.....

yaa i see it like this as well

i dont see no 4-0 sweep honestly. I can see a gentleman's sweep 4-1 or a nice 4-2 series

i do think sixers come out strong 1st 2 games to handle business but slack off that 1st road game next saturday

i dont see too many blowout games either something tells me beal/russ will keep them fighting most games

Shouldn’t even be in the MVP conversation unless your team is top 4 in the conference. This is the way it’s always been. Y’all just choose to turn a blind eye cause you want your favourite player to win or get mentioned.

Think about all the examples of a scoring champ not winning the MVP. TMac, Melo, KD, Harden, Wade, Kobe, Iverson, Jordan, Shaq.

Shouldn’t even be in the MVP conversation unless your team is top 4 in the conference. This is the way it’s always been. Y’all just choose to turn a blind eye cause you want your favourite player to win or get mentioned.

Think about all the examples of a scoring champ not winning the MVP. TMac, Melo, KD, Harden, Wade, Kobe, Iverson, Jordan, Shaq.

but we didn’t vote him top 3, the voters did.

but we didn’t vote him top 3, the voters did.
Voters get it wrong sometimes too. I already said before there’s no reason Steph should be a finalist over Giannis, Luka, **** even CP3 and Gobert

Harden lead the league in scoring 3 years straight and has 1 MVP. KD lead the NBA in scoring 4 years and has 1 MVP. Iverson lead the league in scoring 4 years, 1 MVP.

Last edited:
Voters get it wrong sometimes too. I already said before there’s no reason Steph should be a finalist over Giannis and Luka.

Harden lead the league in scoring 3 years straight and has 1 MVP. KD lead the NBA in scoring 4 years and has 1 MVP.
Yawnist was a clear case of voters fatigue. Luka was also bad for a good part of the season

Harden should be there but we know why

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom