⭐ OFFICIAL 2020-2021 NBA Off-Season Thread: Olympics begin 7/23; NBA Draft 7/29⭐

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just looking at the scoring list.

if Melo can catch Shaq at 8. I think he can solidify a top 10 scorer ever spot for EVER. That would be an awesome accomplishment and a dope list to be on with regards to who else is there.

KD the only other active player capable, thats even close to getting into the top 10.
And Kev has virtually no chance at this point.

Book and Beal are cool but nah. I’m doing back of the napkin math here but Shaq got 28.5K averaging 24PPG for 19 seasons and he’s #8. Even a guy like Melo (#11) is at 27K averaging 23PPG for 17 seasons.

Book (5 seasons) is at 23PPG and Beal (8 seasons) is at 22PG. It’s not happening for them IMO.

KD is at 27PPG but he misses too much time (only played 27 games in 14-15 and missed all year). It’ll depend on health and how his game ages.

And Kev has virtually no chance at this point.

KD has a pretty good chance tbh. He’s probably going to be at 27K at the end of 2022-2023 at which point he’ll be 34 and wrapping up Year 14. Getting into the Top 10 would be a breeze from there.

Book and Beal are cool but nah. I’m doing back of the napkin math here but Shaq got 28.5K averaging 24PPG for 19 seasons and he’s #8. Even a guy like Melo (#11) is at 27K averaging 23PPG for 17 seasons.

Book (5 seasons) is at 23PPG and Beal (8 seasons) is at 22PG. It’s not happening for them IMO.

KD is at 27PPG but he misses too much time (only played 27 games in 14-15 and missed all year). It’ll depend on health and how his game ages.

Whats the og argument? Books 5 seasons in, hasnt reached his prime yet and is averaging 23ppg, so at this rate barring any real injuries he could be up there with Melo.

Whats the og argument? Books 5 seasons in, hasnt reached his prime yet and is averaging 23ppg, so at this rate barring any real injuries he could be up there with Melo.
I guess I’m just doubtful he can he have the multiple 28PPG seasons later on down the line and maintain that average. For comparison, through their first five seasons, Melo played 37 more games and averaged nearly 2 more points per game.

I’m also looking at current averages and expecting the late career dip which is why to get Top 10 you need huge seasons and health now. But to your point, Book is really young so he has time. I’m just skeptical. And I like Book too btw.

Harden will definitely reach top 10 in points. If he gets a ring and is satisfied with chasing points he could join the 30k club.

I guess I’m just doubtful he can he have the multiple 28PPG seasons later on down the line and maintain that average. For comparison, through their first five seasons, Melo played 37 more games and averaged nearly 2 more points per game.

I’m also looking at current averages and expecting the late career dip which is why to get Top 10 you need huge seasons and health now. But to your point, Book is really young so he has time. I’m just skeptical. And I like Book too btw.

Next 5 years will be a tell. Hes a really talented scorer and player in general but I do wonder if his ceiling is all that high when its said and done.

most important thing is durability. That’s so hard to predict . Harden is a tank but he didn’t hit the ground running .

Harden will definitely reach top 10 in points. If he gets a ring and is satisfied with chasing points he could join the 30k club.
most important thing is durability. That’s so hard to predict . Harden is a tank but he didn’t hit the ground running .

Ohhhhh I forgot about Harden pums pums is right doe. His first 3 seasons he only averaged 13PPG which really hurts him. He still has managed to get a career average of 25PPG, though. The BKN Big 3 doesn’t particularly help him or KD because they’ll both be scoring less than they would without the other.

Speaking of BKN - How was Blake looked and been playing since joining the team? I haven’t seen any game but I know they have their nice lil 14-2 run and wasn’t sure if he’s made any impact.

The Celtics suck
It’s crazy how fast things can change in the league :lol:

Kyrie & Hayward got hurt & they made the conference finals anyway. Future was BRIGHT.

Then they eventually were forced to replace Kyrie with Kemba who’s been hurt. Got a big TPE from Hayward leaving which will help with depth whenever they use it but they’re still be behind Brooklyn in all likelihood.

Now you’re just crossing your fingers & hoping Tatum & Brown can take another step in the few years.

but they’re still be behind Brooklyn

A777D8F5-5A9A-47B9-83EE-5C8AE4AD2497.jpeg

they're behind a lot of teams

Nobody mentioning Luka for top 10 scoring?

Assuming he stays around his current PPG for this season and doesn't get hurt/miss too many games, he'll have almost the exact same total of points that Melo had at the same age 3 seasons into the league.

Obviously health/longevity will be a huge factor going forward. Trajectory is there though...

Wow. The Hawks were the 11th seed just 10 days ago and now they’re the 5th. The fluidity this year is crazy. One hot streak can change everything.

4-10 in the East is separated by three games. One good or bad week could be the difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom