⭐ OFFICIAL 2020-2021 NBA Off-Season Thread: Olympics begin 7/23; NBA Draft 7/29⭐

Status
Not open for further replies.
The NBA is a team of copycats, so it took the later versions of the Spurs & then the Warriors having success for other coaches to adapt their style & allow there players the opportunity to develop or showcase skills they already had.

How is this a bad thing? :lol:

How is this a bad thing? :lol:

Where did i say it was bad?? All i'm saying is that the NBA publicly set out on a mission to emphasize offense, it worked & now it's easier for scorers to get there's.

Nothing wrong with it but it should definitely be acknowledged when comparing stats across eras.

However i will say it's not in the best interest of coaches to be trying to install 5 out, Pick & roll, three hunting offenses when you don't have the personnel to do so.

??? other Eras didn't have this number of guys all putting up historically good efficiency numbers at once..... there's 8 guys who have reached 50/40/90 in the HISTORY of the league, there's currently 8 guys doing it now.
So you’re saying guys aren’t actually more skilled because they can’t maintain those averages in the playoffs where they’re playing against the league’s best defenses who have more time to prepare than in the regular season?

Sam Esfandiari and Andy Liu are the JRose5 of basketball twitter.

I’m not playing these dudes are racists *******s.
I know some of y’all hate Lebron and will repost anybody talking **** about him but these dudes are not who you want to associate with.

ACE4683F-AB7B-4F65-8969-E40D5401FA37.jpeg
52F6C5B4-2694-484C-A195-228FCD25516F.jpeg

Imagine being on the same side as these LOSERS.

Where did i say it was bad?? All i'm saying is that the NBA publicly set out on a mission to emphasize offense, it worked & now it's easier for scorers to get there's.

Nothing wrong with it but it should definitely be acknowledged when comparing stats across eras.

However i will say it's not in the best interest of coaches to be trying to install 5 out, Pick & roll, three hunting offenses when you don't have the personnel to do so.

But why don’t we account for stats in the previous eras from the 60s up until the mid 80s...when cats were playing even faster today....more possessions and playing 40mpg?

Every era has **** to its advantage for particular players that can skew some historical stats. Once you recognize and acknowledge that...it makes what you’re seeing come into the fuller picture.

Great players of every era will be great in any era but guys care about numbers so much in this era.

All of these guys look at their shooting splits and tryna skew that as much as posible .

I’m not playing these dudes are racists *******s.
I know some of y’all hate Lebron and will repost anybody talking **** about him but these dudes are not who you want to associate with.

ACE4683F-AB7B-4F65-8969-E40D5401FA37.jpeg
52F6C5B4-2694-484C-A195-228FCD25516F.jpeg

Imagine being on the same side as these LOSERS.

Light years pod is really good (not defending them). Andy is an idiot, and annoying. He calls **** right tho from time to time. That Sam **** was just dumb. I’ve seen many equate a fan base with racism/police brutality tho. That isn’t new.

And Bruh, I know you live in the bay...and HATE them :lol:. But unless there are more tweets....this is fairly light over a 10 year span. Tone Def like hell, and raises eyebrows about them for sure. But this ain’t close to as problematic as we’ve seen. Pulled tweets of semi public figures. You might want to do a Twitter search with Cuffs and them other cats on the spectrum who get posted in here too, to see where they’ve been at on certain issues too :nerd: :nerd:. Hell, half the Nba media real problematic.

What it does do, is make you watch home “comfortable” they can/do get. Which is a problem. Raise a major eyebrow and be on a “I see what type of time your possibly on” vibes. And to be Frank, that’s with everybody to keep it a bean.

Great players of every era will be great in any era but guys care about numbers so much in this era.

All of these guys look at their shooting splits and tryna skew that as much as posible .

Bron, Cp3, and KD are the most hyper focused on their shooting #s.

Russ on raw totals. Deandre Jordan used to be on rpg & bpg too. Everyone cares about numbers. In every era. We heard Shaq speak nightly about what he needs at half, to feel good.

There is more emphasis on stats and numbers today for sure. But it’s part of the game.

I hate Shaq’s sensitivity. U a literal giant, champion, a GOAT & can’t laugh at yourself.

Bron, Cp3, and KD are the most hyper focused on their shooting #s.

Russ on raw totals. Deandre Jordan used to be on rpg & bpg too. Everyone cares about numbers. In every era. We heard Shaq speak nightly about what he needs at half, to feel good.

There is more emphasis on stats and numbers today for sure. But it’s part of the game.

Jordan’s on record saying he was trying to get 8 every quarter. Ain’t nothing new under the sun

But why don’t we account for stats in the previous eras from the 60s up until the mid 80s...when cats were playing even faster today....more possessions and playing 40mpg?

Every era has **** to its advantage for particular players that can skew some historical stats. Once you recognize and acknowledge that...it makes what you’re seeing come into the fuller picture.

This is my point because i do think the players of the 60's to the early 80's get hella scrutiny for their era compared to the praise that today's get. People pick & choose when they want to go in depth into eras.

Hell even that example of players playing 40mpg, i constantly see that thrown out as a way to big up the new era.... but for some reason nobody mentions that those guys were doing that w/o all the advancements in medicine, therapy, team travel etc etc

So yes these things go both ways, but people only seem to mention the things that benefit the newer generation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom