⭐ OFFICIAL 2020-2021 NBA Off-Season Thread: Olympics begin 7/23; NBA Draft 7/29⭐

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is my point because i do think the players of the 60's to the early 80's get hella scrutiny for their era compared to the praise that today's get. People pick & choose when they want to go in depth into eras.

Hell even that example of players playing 40mpg, i constantly see that thrown out as a way to big up the new era.... but for some reason nobody mentions that those guys were doing that w/o all the advancements in medicine, therapy, team travel etc etc

So yes these things go both ways, but people only seem to mention the things that benefit the newer generation

No Gatorade, no medicine and CHUCK TAYLORS,

Bron, Cp3, and KD are the most hyper focused on their shooting #s.

Russ on raw totals. Deandre Jordan used to be on rpg & bpg too. Everyone cares about numbers. In every era. We heard Shaq speak nightly about what he needs at half, to feel good.

There is more emphasis on stats and numbers today for sure. But it’s part of the game.
Of course its just now tho that players are hyper focused on shooting splits

This is my point because i do think the players of the 60's to the early 80's get hella scrutiny for their era compared to the praise that today's get. People pick & choose when they want to go in depth into eras.
The water they were drinking in the 60s to 80s was the difference doe

Hell even that example of players playing 40mpg, i constantly see that thrown out as a way to big up the new era.... but for some reason nobody mentions that those guys were doing that w/o all the advancements in medicine, therapy, team travel etc etc

So yes these things go both ways, but people only seem to mention the things that benefit the newer generation

Them players from the 60s up until then were stone cold haters when they had the mic and leverage tho :lol:.

You cannot sit here with a straight face, and tell me the same hating old rhetoric from then, is used to disparage players today. They are literally saying Rule changes, and lack of defense made scoring easy in the 90s!!!! How do you even wrestle with that? :lol:. I seen a Dr J interview where he said the exact same thing.

What has happened is a pushback, to those old hating types. And it’s gone to the extreme at some sense with social media and the dumb plumber takes. Barry McCockinner and that **** spread like wildfire to the masses and even permeated talk shows.

But prior to that....the nba game of today was getting TRASHED. By players who played as recently as 2013, like Tmac or Steven Jackson or something Even :lol:.

The fact is, players of today’s nba are more skilled and advanced than their predecessors. The game has advanced. Great players of any era will be great regardless. All numbers aren’t created equal...but the elite of the elite stand out for a reason.

That’s what the convo should be. Not tearing down predecessors or the modern game to prop up a narrative.

Of course its just now tho that players are hyper focused on shooting splits

FT% going up is a good thing tho. And players taking and making more 3s is good as well.

Not attempting half court heaves or turning down shots in a rough shooting game for efficiency is where that **** turns to a bad thing. And sadly, that does happen to your point.

I wouldnt mind a word with whoever thought itd be a good idea to max out on pelicans national TV games.
0*TPFc6o_Z3H3oY0d5.gif

Them players from the 60s up until then were stone cold haters when they had the mic and leverage tho :lol:.

You cannot sit here with a straight face, and tell me the same hating old rhetoric from then, is used to disparage players today. They are literally saying Rule changes, and lack of defense made scoring easy in the 90s!!!! How do you even wrestle with that? :lol:. I seen a Dr J interview where he said the exact same thing.

What has happened is a pushback, to those old hating types. And it’s gone to the extreme at some sense with social media and the dumb plumber takes. Barry McCockinner and that **** spread like wildfire to the masses and even permeated talk shows.

But prior to that....the nba game of today was getting TRASHED. By players who played as recently as 2013, like Tmac or Steven Jackson or something Even :lol:.

The fact is, players of today’s nba are more skilled and advanced than their predecessors. The game has advanced. Great players of any era will be great regardless. All numbers aren’t created equal...but the elite of the elite stand out for a reason.

That’s what the convo should be. Not tearing down predecessors or the modern game to prop up a narrative.

Essentially both sides have went to far with the slander, but i think Older players say some truthful **** & it's automatically called hating on the new generation.

As much as NBA has been trying to force feed Zion to viewers, I feel like his popularity hasn’t really caught on.

Lebron already had a sig by now.

Light years pod is really good (not defending them). Andy is an idiot, and annoying. He calls **** right tho from time to time. That Sam **** was just dumb. I’ve seen many equate a fan base with racism/police brutality tho. That isn’t new.

And Bruh, I know you live in the bay...and HATE them :lol:. But unless there are more tweets....this is fairly light over a 10 year span. Tone Def like hell, and raises eyebrows about them for sure. But this ain’t close to as problematic as we’ve seen. Pulled tweets of semi public figures. You might want to do a Twitter search with Cuffs and them other cats on the spectrum who get posted in here too, to see where they’ve been at on certain issues too :nerd: :nerd:. Hell, half the Nba media real problematic.

What it does do, is make you watch home “comfortable” they can/do get. Which is a problem. Raise a major eyebrow and be on a “I see what type of time your possibly on” vibes. And to be Frank, that’s with everybody to keep it a bean.

My guy 🤝

You a real solid individual. That last paragraph is so crucial.

It’s not just those tweets I seen other **** they said back in the day that was just OD racist/corny.. cuffs is a clown off top.

As soon as I spot some foul or suspect **** I honestly try my best to remove that person from my existence. Don’t give a **** about your takes (no matter how smart they might be) if I feel like you’re a faulty person with suspicious views.

As much as NBA has been trying to force feed Zion to viewers, I feel like his popularity hasn’t really caught on.

Lebron already had a sig by now.

Zion would have Sigs too if Meth could get his act together and fix the coding.

FT% going up is a good thing tho. And players taking and making more 3s is good as well.

Not attempting half court heaves or turning down shots in a rough shooting game for efficiency is where that **** turns to a bad thing. And sadly, that does happen to your point.
Harden and Bron kill me when they pound the rock then kick it last minute . They should just shoot it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom