❌‼️ This Thread is now CLOSED. NEW THREAD link on last page, been a great Year ❌‼️

Would you spend €100+ on Paul Pogba??

• Yup, still very young and filled with potential...

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nah, no CM could be worth that much...

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
^ Pete Rose ain't dead Ro... Very much alive & continues to be the arrogant scum bag he's always been.

Big week for Sevilla, EL finals (today?) & Kings Cup this weekend. The club's home kit from NB for 16-17.

Glad to see Unai Emery resist offers from other teams to stay & you gotta marvel at the job Monchi has done building this club in the shadow of giants like Barca & Los Blancos.

If they happen to win the King's Cup, I wouldn't be mad. :rolleyes

View media item 2035963View media item 2035961View media item 2035962

Last edited:
If someone didn't know any better and only read the papers/articles,you'd expect that all 'Pool have to do to win today is show up :lol:.

The job that Emery has done has been admirable over the last few seasons, especially when it comes to Europe, but what happened to their league form this season Kimchi Papi Kimchi Papi ? They looked great earlier on in the season especially when they beat Barca but the seemed to limp towards the finish line at the end of the season and ended up finishing 7th.

That clown blamed it on "unrealistic expectations"...

The same expectations he was talking up after last season :rolleyes

Sheesh, Nike blessed us at Chelsea. Excited for this cuz Nike fits better on me than Adidas.

But man, this summer into next season ALREADY has me excited: Euros, Copa, Olys, transfers. The drama that is the Prem next season (Leicester title defense, Pep, Conte, ManU gaffer fiasco, North London ****e show + all the new money for the league).

The next 4 months are gonna be incredible.
All of that, but no Liverpool mentioned.

^ Eh, the biggest thing was losing the likes of Carlos Bacca & Aleix Vidal. They contributed heavily to the last campaign especially Bacca. They also lost some depth by losing Ciro Immobile, Iago Aspas & a host of others. Plus, they caught a lot of teams that were playing well. It happens. Plus they didn't play well on the road this campaign.

Despite losing players every year, if you look at the last 10 years of the club, they have been really successful despite not being on the same economic foothold as other European clubs.

Last edited:
Hasn't Vidal been relegated to the bench at Barca as well? Can't remember if I ever saw him get some burn during the season :lol:. Not the best move in hindsight for both sides :lol:. Yea I just looked up their away record...:x :lol:. Did they really miss Immobile like that? I feel like he was overrated coming out of Serie A and he's struggled outside of it. In any case,Emery has done an impressive job during his time there given their financial disadvantage as you mentioned. It would be nice to see what he can do with a richer club,wouldn't mind seeing him get the Valencia job.

Last edited:
Hasn't Vidal been relegated to the bench at Barca as well? Can't remember if I ever saw him get some burn during the season :lol:. Not the best move in hindsight for both sides :lol:. Yea I just looked up their away record...:x :lol:. Did they really miss Immobile like that? I feel like he was overrated coming out of Serie A and he's struggled outside of it. In any case,Emery has done an impressive job during his time there given their financial disadvantage as you mentioned. It would be nice to see what he can do with a richer club,wouldn't mind seeing him get the Valencia job.
I don't think Vidal ever played for Barcelona. He's always been in the dog house from what I've seen. And if you look at his resume you'll see that he's worked his way up.

Aspas went back to Celta Vigo to go have a solid season and help them propel to sixth place.Was excited for him when he initially came over to Liverpool, but like every player on the squad, Rogers didn't utilize him. On the topic of Spanish football clubs, Celta Vigo is another that has greatly improved. In 2013 they were fighting for their lives to not be relegated and for the next 3 seasons they finished in 9th place, 8th place followed by 6th this season. Bravo to them.

Last edited:
I know Westham has been playing great this season and they got a new Manager along with big time players, but Lacazette has fallen from grace. Last year this time, we hearing about all of these big clubs that were interested in him and his price tag seemed extremely high.

Apparently the West Ham thing actuation is not that the bid has been rejected but the payment structure so it could be a done deal with some hashing out needing to be done on how they will pay it. 

Laca fell from grace since he had that dry streak at the beginning of the season. But he recovered and finished 2nd in Ligue 1 goals behind Ibra. He'll fetch a decent price, Lyon know they can get more than 31M for him.

@USAprospects '00 #usynt Timothy Weah signed a new contract with PSG
CiX_eO9UUAAdBk_.jpg

Villa just got bought for the same amount  Chelsea's gonna get from Nike per year now 
laugh.gif

Wonder if Liverpool would’ve paid an extra £27.5m for Benteke if they’d known they could have had the rest of the club, too

@fcbusiness Breaking: Chinese businessman Dr Tony Xia has agreed to buy relegated Aston Villa for £60m.

Owner just wanted to get the hell out of there.

And to be fair, it makes sense.

1. The club basically has no assets.
2. Just dropped down to Championship.
3. Finances are a total mess, and there's probably a lot of debt stacked up.
4. Owner desperately wants out.

If the new owner has a long term view, he just got a steal, cause Villa does have very strong support.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom