⛔️ {Thread is NOW CLOSED. New Football Thread, Link on Last Page.}⛔️

Should we start a new football thread?

• Yes... - Lets Start Fresh

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nah... - Lets Just Keep This Going

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Honestly, I don't see enough of the method to his madness. He has enough veteran players who are in their prime that should prevent the type of losses they've experienced (despite the injuries). It's 1 thing if they're losing close, hard fought games but they've lost some games look fundamentally bad. I don't see the players taking the pitch with a clear understanding of what they're supposed to be doing. Defensively, the back 4 look almost (but not quite) as bad as the players Moyes had last campaign. Red Devil fans can't possibly see that. It looks a hot mess.

You can't possibly defend what you're seeing & think it's fundamentally better than what one saw under Moyes. Marginally better but not so if you look at the funds spent in the transfer market.

It's like you went to Ruth Chris only to be served Fridays...

BTW, in case anyone wants to take swipes about my beloved Barca... I'm just as critical about the side I follow... :rolleyes

I agree with this.

Also United on offense this season have looked pathetic. Considering how much firepower they have & bought, I was expecting more goals or at least a better flowing attack. The defensive issues, not surprising but I just expected more from LvG. :\

But hey, currently in 4th place.

RVP: On and off injury
Falcao: 217 minutes of actual playing time due to injury
Herrera: Injured
Rooney: 4 goals in 9 appearances as the 10
Mata: 3 goals in 9 appearances playing way out of position
Di Maria: 3 goals in 9 appearances

50% of the firepower you're speaking of has been injured :lol: :smh:

LVG is dealing with an injury every 3 days, possibly having only 1 match this entire season with his desired starting 11, a weak defence and a depressing midfield, he's currently sitting in 4th yet somehow you expected more.

United players have been gaining an understanding of their roles more and more every week. Things are certainly improving at United, and would be much better if the injury crisis could finally come to an end, especially coming into the business end of the season...

BTW, I find it funny that Bartomeu & Zubi inserted themselves in the Messi tribute video that played at Camp Nou when La Pulga reached the Liga record. They appropriately were whistled at but it speaks volumes as to me that they inserted themselves in the vid.

Outside of Zubi, Bartomeu, & this board, I think the problems with the club are the players that are still there from their historic run under Pep. There is a real lack of leadership in this side & they look very lackadaisical in the way that they play.

Gone are the attacking nature on both sides of the ball that one saw under Pep & the basic principles that make tiki take work so effectively.

Yep, I just expected more. If you told be in August that Arsenal, Liverpool, and Everton would have been this bad, I would have expected United to be in a comfortable third position. They're in 4th but they're still teetering to that position.

The injuries have been troublesome, yes. But I thought RVP would have been better (since he played great in the WC with LVG). I expected more points and a better position. I don't think that's out of the realm of my expectations. Injuries or not. They still have more talent than most teams on their bench offensively.

I killed Moyes last year, you know that. But I can't hop on the LvG train yet. I Gotta be somewhat consistent here. But I do fully expect United to get better and be in the top 4.

BTW, of all the great players that have come through La Liga over the years, I find it astounding that Telmo Zarra goal scoring record stood for 60 years (same thing with Gerd Muller's record) before Messi broke the record.

If La Pulga holds onto being the all time scorer in the CL, does that make him a more legit candidate to win the Ballon d'Or despite Ronnie's crazy run in form?

Damn, BWP out for the next leg of the Red Bulls vs Revs due to accumulation of yellow cards. :smh:

BTW, of all the great players that have come through La Liga over the years, I find it astounding that Telmo Zarra goal scoring record stood for 60 years (same thing with Gerd Muller's record) before Messi broke the record.

If La Pulga holds onto being the all time scorer in the CL, does that make him a more legit candidate to win the Ballon d'Or despite Ronnie's crazy run in form?

Doesn't the voting end like in a week? I doubt these records will change the perception of what Ronnie has done all year.

For the Chelsea Fans.

View media item 1274371

Last edited:
Ronaldo > Messi

Don't think you'll find much of an argument against that currently. He's been playing like he's from another planet the last 1.5-2 seasons and his team is arguably the best in the world.

Just noticed the new thread title :lol:

:nerd:

Last edited:
So Schurrle is on his way out?

Kinda disappointed if true...he built up momentum from the World Cup and was playing well at first but it seems he's hit a wall. Salah is on the fence too?

Ah well...that's the business.

So Schurrle is on his way out?

Kinda disappointed if true...he built up momentum from the World Cup and was playing well at first but it seems he's hit a wall. Salah is on the fence too?

Ah well...that's the business.

Schürrle has definitely improved from last season, but he just doesn't seem strong enough to play consistently in the premier league to me and struggles tracking back and defending when the opposition has possession

Salah has simply been buns in a chelsea shirt

Thats Jose's whole issue with Schurrle, he doesn't track back consistently like Jose wants. He's great going forward though. I show my son the way he consistently overlaps & the various ways he does it. It's a thing of beauty that you don't see done enough in the Prem.

Thats Jose's whole issue with Schurrle, he doesn't track back consistently like Jose wants. He's great going forward though. I show my son the way he consistently overlaps & the various ways he does it. It's a thing of beauty that you don't see done enough in the Prem.

Exactly.

I think Schürrle is a great player, even better in fifa 14 lol and when he first came to chelsea i thought he would be playing more of a centre-forward role, but with Diego Costa and Loic Remy in the squad now hes going to be limited to playing on the right side of the attack. Hopefully of they can keep winning so he can get him some useful playing time later in the season, but if chelsea need to sell him in order to make room for a player like Marco Rues then so be it

I definitely wouldn't be disappointed in Reus somehow ends up here instead.

Salah should be getting a chance with Schurrle's current struggles to get some PT but that isn't even happening. So him leaving isn't that unexpected...our other wingers just demand so much time he can't break through.

NEWS: Manchester City vs Bayern Munich: Nasri admits City stars will be sold if they fail in Europe

View media item 1275351
“Let’s be honest, we need to do something or otherwise next year it is going to be new players, it’s going to be [new] everything,” said Nasri, who has the relative security of a new five-year contract, signed last summer. “That’s how we work when you play for a big team, a big club. You have to respond and show everyone you deserve to qualify.
http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...l-be-sold-if-they-fail-in-europe-9880918.html

In other news...

Manchester City face relegation back to the third tier of seeds for next season’s Champions League if they are eliminated from Europe by Bayern Munich on Tuesday.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...tmare-if-they-fail-to-beat-Bayern-Munich.html

Last edited:
Forgot about championsleague.

City of course are going to lose today, right?

EDIT: Porto playing right now, damn.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom