⚽️The Footy Thread: Lock Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
That Richarlison tweet is what real love and dedication for the game is about. much respect.

the NLD was great. not one moment of boredom. will see the AFTV when I can lol

Bats with another goal for Dortmund. happy to see him shine.

how has Zinchenko been playing for Pep Armada? or anyone with the info. I secretly want success for any eastern european player in the big leagues. Shevchenko was always a favourite of mine

That Richarlison tweet is what real love and dedication for the game is about. much respect.

the NLD was great. not one moment of boredom. will see the AFTV when I can lol

Bats with another goal for Dortmund. happy to see him shine.

how has Zinchenko been playing for Pep Armada? or anyone with the info. I secretly want success for any eastern european player in the big leagues. Shevchenko was always a favourite of mine

He’s been playing very well imo was one of the best players in a couple games he’s played at leftback. Not complaining about being converted from a AM to leftback and he’s taking to it very well. He’s very good going forward can pick some real good passes in that spot and dropping into midfield from the leftback spot well too which is to be expected since that’s what where he plays naturally. He’s defensive work is coming together to at leftback as wel, I’ve seen him make some really good tackles and tracking back holding up attakcets till he can get support. There are times he still gets caught out and you can see he lacks the instincts of a defender at moments but overall I would say he is taking advantage of this opportunity well.

Let’s all take some time to appreciate where the real views go to
E4CB7517-55FC-4F65-8346-0FD8D22B2981.png

I actually thought Benz had a decent match and that his miss looked a lot worse in real time than it actually was. It was a fast hopping ball.

With that being said I felt the jeers were uncalled for, but I think they're in part a message to Flo & co. to finally get a real #9 that's RM quality.

Edit* Sinner Sinner beat me to it.

No Rashford on the bench? Curious to see who starts in the hole and who starts on the right wing between Alexis and Jesse.

Attachments

• A0494F48-917E-4BB1-B490-7AF588D8BCEC.jpeg
    A0494F48-917E-4BB1-B490-7AF588D8BCEC.jpeg
    189.2 KB · Views: 3
Surprised to see Young starting over Shaw

Wonder whats up with Rash.

Also is Bailly gonna be back in time for the Sevilla fixtures?

Thoughts from Tottenham/Arsenal:
-Proper NLD with end-to-end stuff the majority of the match. Good to see and a pleasure despite the early 7:30 AM EST kickoff.
-What a vital stretch that Pochettino has guided Spurs through. It was well-publicized how difficult their consecutive run of matches was: Starting with the FA Cup (and replay) against Newport, MU, LFC and Gunners. Seven points in three challenging league matches against top-six opposition is quite impressive and perhaps even more than supporters could have hoped for. But Tottenham is not out of the woods yet visiting Juve on Tuesday and a fifth-round cup fixture versus Rochdale Sunday.
-Can't say enough how much of a footballer's footballer Mousa Dembele is. I'm in awe of some of the things he can conjure on the pitch. Strong and physical on the ball, glides through the midfield and also possesses a fair share of technical ability. What more can you really ask for in the middle of the park. I feel Dembele played a huge part in the result for Spurs by controlling the midfield tempo and assuring Tottenham was often on the front foot and putting the Gunners under pressure. Harry Kane is Poch's best player and Eriksen might offer more creative license, but Dembele's overall impact also cannot be stressed enough.
-If a manger wants to nitpick, you could say Spurs were wasteful in the second half, and that's Kane included. You'd like to see your club take the next step and go for the jugular against a proper rival. Tottenham could have easily accumulated one or two additional goals to pad the scoreline.
-Lloris made at least one crucial save that sticks out in my memory.
-Dav Sanchez was a rock in front of his keeper with the exception of the final 12 minutes or so when Spurs came under siege.
-Dele has been quiet recently. Poch will need him to reverse his current form when they visit Italy.
-Beginning to sour on Erik Lamela. Really oversold last Sunday's pen appeal on Virgil and you can't like his FT antics with Jack, unless you're a Spurs supporter of course.
-Now onto Arsenal: Ramsey's groin injury certainly hurt Wenger's team selection. Gunners had little to no influence in the midfield. Elneny was decent enough compared to someone like Xhaka, who I firmly believe does not belong in the starting XI of any top-six PL side.
-Would fairly guess that most Gunners supporters will give Aubameyang a "pass" for yesterday's NLD, being that it's only his second match in an Arsenal shirt and he's yet to get fully acclimated to his new club. Not to mention the lack of service the forwards received.
-It's also fair to say that Lacazette's confidence is likely not in a good place. He still should have finished the golden opportunity that knocked on his door, but Wenger's team selections haven't helped Laca's form. Why pay OL all that money to not properly utilize the lad's attacking prowess?
-I'm sure Arsenal fans will be split on this one, and that's regarding the topic of Bellerin. I'd like to defend him in some aspects. First, he was visibly playing hurt last year which severely hampered his valuable pace. Secondly, he was offered nonexistent cover in the NLD. Completely exposed with no semblance of defensive protection from Ozil, etc. That will always be the looming major criticism against the German-born Turk. He offers nothing defensively, not even effort or responsibility. Like the football version of James Harden. Bellerin, or any RB in the world for that matter, isn't going to win many two-on-one situations in their own defensive third. To even the scale in the argument, Bellerin is far, far away from the form that once linked him to Camp Nou and to be honest, his crossing leaves a lot to be desired at times.
-My final thought on Arsenal moving forward is that Wenger must address three key positions in the summer window: Upgrade CB and keeper, plus acquire a true DM to solidify the holding role. It doesn't have to be splashy and expensive signings like Upamecano and Alisson either. There are numerous young, hungry lions to fill the void in areas that the Gunners are currently lacking. I'll touch on this more later with specific names that might fit Wenger's profile.

Damn Tone should've scored there

Excellent pass by through the defense from Matic to create that chance though

These Partial refs are killing the game. No foul on one side, but it's a foul going the other way. New Castle has to keep pressing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom