⚽️The Footy Thread: Lock Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Funny, City is rumored to have finalized a deal for Fred for £44.5m which has him coming in the summer. That’s a lot of dough but in terms of today’s market, that’s cheap for a player of his caliber & potential. I wonder what the price for Kante would be given he’s proven player?

It's pretty interesting RM sat tight in the past window in part because they thought this out of control market needed to come back down to a normal level

I wonder if the explosion we've seen is permanent though

It’s never going back levels especially since Neymar broke the €200m mark. Arry & Hazard most likely won’t command that kind of fee but will at least command a fee equal or more than what Barca paid for Coutinho...

Shoot this market is demanding €80-€90m for Lemar or Fekir... No way should mahrez command that kind of fee though...

I don’t think it’s wise or sustainable. I would rather buy young players that have established themselves somewhat for smaller sums & salaries like Leipzig CB Upamecano, Lyon’s Houssem Aouar, or Valencia’s Gaya...

Kante isn’t going to go for $150m

PSG can finesse him for a cool $80-100

Squad needs more Frenchmen. And Kante would be a beast of a pickup. Hopefully it can really happen.

Heard rumors of PSG wanting Zidane as the next manager. That’s a -100% chance happening

Last edited:
In MLS news,

Transaction: Portland Timbers acquire forward Samuel Armenteros on loan from Benevento Calcio utilizing Targeted Allocation Money onFeb. 9, 2018.

@nomadicsole21

Timbers signing Serie A and Europa League experienced striker to play alongside Adi :pimp:

Only 100 dollars? Shiiiii
giphy.gif

If Kane is sold it will be for a world record. Neymar would’ve went for more than £200m if not for the release clause. Levy would make sure it’s a world record.

My combined XI for the NLD

531A4D56-62B9-4657-B4FF-19FDEF46023D.jpeg

Just realized this is my favorite fixture not involving United. Will be happy with anything close to the 2-2 from a couple seasons ago.

I wish the NLD wasn't so early. Huge match, much more than bragging rights.
Anyone catch the Leipzig match? I do enjoy watching them play. It's a shame that they're going to lose Keita. A crucial player, it's going to be real hard for them to find a replacement.

Kane isn't going for more than Neymar. :lol:

Neymar had a 222m release clause. PSG had to pay that price becasue Barca had ZERO intent to let him go.

There is literally no other player on the planet who will fetch Neymar's price tag.

Kane is good, but he ain't Neymar.

PSG would def pay that again
this summer especially after the world cup. prices will inflate even more.

psg could drop 200
mbappe is 180 ...french player of the year of the BPL can cost 200 at least
PSG already proved that money is no object. the numbers are arbitrary at this point

Kane isn't going for more than Neymar. :lol:

Neymar had a 222m release clause. PSG had to pay that price becasue Barca had ZERO intent to let him go.

There is literally no other player on the planet who will fetch Neymar's price tag.

Kane is good, but he ain't Neymar.

LOL @ Kane going for more money than Neymar

Spurs does not want to sell Harry Kane. Harry Kane does not have a release clause. Harry Kane’s transfer fee will be more than £200m.

Ability =/= transfer fee. Bale’s transfer fee was higher than Ronaldo’s. Coutinho’s transfer fee was higher than Bale’s. The selling club and the market determine the transfer fee. Levy is getting no less than £200m or Harry isn’t going anywhere.

If Neymar didn’t have a release clause and wanted out, Barca would have asked for more than £200m imo. I think Messi’s release clause is £350m and Ronaldo’s is £500m. Neymar is younger and the clear heir to the thrown. With no release clause they could have easily asked for another 100 ms. They undervalued/didn’t think anyone would come with that bag.

Hate to keep beating the Bellerin horse but Son has been going at Bellerin with no fear so far. Almost everything Spurs makin is coming down that right hand side.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom