⚽️The Footy Thread: Lock Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wassup with that Umtiti incident after the game? Dude was hype.
An Espanyol player said something racist to him. Don't know exactly what was said but one of the players said something like "puta negro" to him. Then Umtiti apparently started saying "why that phrase?" to him repeatedly, rightfully so. The Espanyol should ideally get a ban but I doubt anything at all is going to happen.

Looking at the replay at normal speed, the ref can definitely be forgiven.

But looking at the replay in slow motion, that flop is suspension worthy. More than anything, I am legit impressed by the acting skills of Lamela. He was barely touched, and dude sold it like it was a career-ending injury. He went full "Ricky!!" on 'em.

AqpFLv.gif

So sergio garcia is the one that hurled a racist insult to Umtiti calling him a "black s**t". He apparently went into the Barca dressing room after the game to apologize to Umtiti who is reported to have accepted the apology.

Of course the referee didn't include the incident which most likely means nothing will be done. I hope/wish Barca would lodge an official complaint.

garcia had been playing dirty all game too... He should've gotten a card for the studs up sliding tackle he made on Umtiti. Both of his feet were pointed up & he made no attempt at the ball.

Titi should have gave him he hands in the locker room.

I’d take the suspension. The fine. Or whatever the consequence is.

Dude deserved to have his jaw rocked

An Espanyol player said something racist to him. Don't know exactly what was said but one of the players said something like "puta negro" to him. Then Umtiti apparently started saying "why that phrase?" to him repeatedly, rightfully so. The Espanyol should ideally get a ban but I doubt anything at all is going to happen.

So sergio garcia is the one that hurled a racist insult to Umtiti calling him a "black s**t". He apparently went into the Barca dressing room after the game to apologize to Umtiti who is reported to have accepted the apology.

Of course the referee didn't include the incident which most likely means nothing will be done. I hope/wish Barca would lodge an official complaint.

garcia had been playing dirty all game too... He should've gotten a card for the studs up sliding tackle he made on Umtiti. Both of his feet were pointed up & he made no attempt at the ball.

Man that is crazy breh. Umtiti shoulda slept him the minute that **** came out of dudes mouth. He was way too comfortable saying that and has prolly said it before at other black players.
I wouldn't be surprised if there's more incidents like these that fly under the radar because the players are scared to say anything and the league keeps it hush hush.

I don't think you'll ever stomp racism out of the game completely. It's just ingrained at this point B. People know **** like that is wrong. They just don't care.

bruh he must practice this cause this is A1 oscar worthy diving

and **** sergio garcia
bunch of dirty bastards

even victor sanchez was just straight up kicking messi in the leg with the ball nowhere in sight
refs got to do better. disgraceful

Last edited:
Can’t wait for the English Valencia to lose all their talents to bigger clubs with histories of winning trophies ala Bale, Modric to Real and come back down to mediocrity with players such as Jermaine Jenas, Defoe, Crouch, Kaboul, Lennon etc

**** this dude..actually used the "i have a black friend excuse"

"First of all, to clarify, I already spoke with Samuel yesterday."

“In no way was it my intention to be racist. You all know my wife is from gypsy roots and I grew up in a neighbourhood with every race in the world.

“My brother-in-law [former Espanyol player John Cordoba], who I have a firm friendship with, is African-American too. In the tension of the game a lot of things are said that should stay on the pitch.”

'What happens on the pitch should stay on the pitch' FOH with that weak **** :stoneface:

That racist scumbag should be banned a few games but I'm not expecting any punishment given the lack of precedent for it in Spain. Seems like the Prem is the only league that actually makes players/coaches face some consequences for on field abuse

Garcia should be suspended for the rest of season, that would send a message and stop a whole lotta non sense, it won't happen though

Dude really fell off the face of the earth since the Euro's damn...

Doesn't seem like dude was ready to move to a big club like Bayern so soon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom