⚽️The Footy Thread: Lock Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread is so funny... not too long ago ya’lls was saying Marcelo was the best left back in the world.

Ya’ll were yammering about Jeromey Rome Boateng & then saying things like Bale was trash & Kane was a flash in the pan. It was majority of the thread too...

:lol:

Marcelo was the best LB in the world last season, sadly he still can't defend
I'm still waiting for Alaba to show up in a big CL match tho
Never rated Boateng, I **** with Harry Kane

This thread is so funny... not too long ago ya’lls was saying Marcelo was the best left back in the world.

Ya’ll were yammering about Jeromey Rome Boateng & then saying things like Bale was trash & Kane was a flash in the pan. It was majority of the thread too...

:lol:
i still think bale is trash

if barca win tomorrow we will be 21 pts ahead of real madrid. crazy

From Lucas Perez, welbz, and Giroud to Obama and Laca. These are great 'problems' to have.

Wish they could've kept the clean sheet but great win nonetheless. COYG .

As far fetched as it would be,If Zizou does get sacked before the season I'm gonna need Les Bleus to do the same with Deschump and sign dude up before Russia. Would be :pimp: seeing him guide the new golden generation in the future

As far fetched as it would be,If Zizou does get sacked before the season I'm gonna need Les Bleus to do the same with Deschump and sign dude up before Russia. Would be :pimp: seeing him guide the new golden generation in the future

No way they do this 4 months before the WC

I said it was far fetched :lol:,just some wishful thinking on my part cause I'm expecting nothing but disappointment from them this summer with dude currently at the helm :smh:

Marcelo was the best LB in the world last season

Yea the real “story” here isn’t that people were saying he was the best. It’s that he was, and his opposite in Carvajal was the best RB. And now they both look washed and neither are 30. Carvajal is only 26 and son looks gassed like an out of shape rec league player.

How about Zidane steps down and takes Wengers lifetime job for the next 30 years

Wenger becomes president and manages France after the World Cup

I don't know if it was gassed or lazy...but Carvajal was out of postiion a ton and was not getting back goal side at all...hence the last minute equalizer.

Something needs to spark this team into life. This season looks like a wash as of now for them. Just drop money grab Hazard and a CF and a wing back or two over the summer.

Its not that, the team has no respect for a clean sheet, that's fine when you can just outscore everybody but when the balls not going in the back in net...

Last edited:
Its not that team has no respect for a clean sheet, that's fine when you can just outscore everybody but when the balls not going in the back in net...

Are we still blaming the “ball not going in to the net”?

That has nothing to do with our lackadaisical attitude towards defending. The ENTIRE back line is asleep it seems, Ramos is a shade of himself, Varane has proven to be off his best game (injury has him playing differently) and the two fullbacks are more interested in scoring/assisting than defending.

‘Defense Wins Games’ has never been more true, and our entire team needs a slap in the back of the head for their atrocious defensive work.

When was our last clean sheet?

How about Madrid plays like every other team and gets a striker who can score goals, and defenders who can keep the other team from scoring them.

Are we still blaming the “ball not going in to the net”?

That has nothing to do with our lackadaisical attitude towards defending. The ENTIRE back line is asleep it seems, Ramos is a shade of himself, Varane has proven to be off his best game (injury has him playing differently) and the two fullbacks are more interested in scoring/assisting than defending.

‘Defense Wins Games’ has never been more true, and our entire team needs a slap in the back of the head for their atrocious defensive work.

When was our last clean sheet?
damn you missed my whole point

You're not a regular here but I been talking about our goofy defending for years

Even last year we had the problem of when we would score, relax on defense and give up goals with in 5 minutes of scoring.

Last edited:
Marcelo is like chief oompa loompa on Barca. Neither should be considered the best or elite. Both are capable of periods of high level of play but are never ever consistent enough to be considered truly elite.

Last campaign, Marcelo was laying up assists like crazy from the LB spot, he had like what 9-10? His defense was asi asi but stellar the back half of the campaign into the CL final.

I wasn't following footy then but I wonder how bad the RM teams of 98 and 2000 looked in la liga. In each season they won the CL, but in la liga finished 4th and 5th respectively.

If Barcelona manage to defeat Espanyol on Sunday afternoon then Real Madrid will find themselves 21 points behind the league leaders, having dropped two more points against Levante on Saturday evening.

Never before have Los Blancos been that far behind the Blaugrana in the league table, although they were once 21 points behind Atletico Madrid.

As such, this Real Madrid team could be considered the worst in club history, at least in comparison to Barcelona.

I forgot about the Greek kid. I don't know much about him. Pavon is on Arsenal's radar???! That would be such an "un Arsenal" type signing. I heard he doesn't want to leave Boca just yet. Fred would be a great defensive mid for the Gunner. I'd be surprised if Oblak leaves Atleti now...

As for Samper... There was no bigger fan of the kid than me. I was very excited at the prospect of Sergi but he's a flop. He was very timid in the few games he's played for Barca & he hasn't made an impression at all during his loan spells at Granada & Las Palmas. He hardly got much playing time at all. Shame...

I don't know much about him either, I've seen the occasional highlights but that's it. From what I read, he's a ball winning CB, good in the air and has a good read on the game but he needs to work on his passing and close control.

We were linked to Pavon this winter. I remember hearing about him before we were linked to Malcom and etc. But like you said Boca and him weren't interested in any movement this window.

I didn't realize Samper had fallen off like that. What a shame. Wenger should take a look at Dendoncker.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom