⚽️The Footy Thread: Lock Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
not sure why we keep insisting with a 2 man midfield, whilst everyone else plays with 3 and dominates us. GG to spurs.. but we looked and played like ish. Terrible

Lukaku is trash. I didn’t think his on the ball skills were that bad at Everton but right now it’s downright shocking.

Matic out of form right now too.

He couldve made better timed runs out there bit it's tough to have a big impact as a 9 when your service is lackadaisical. The game wasn't lost because of Rom

It was lost because of Mou's tactics imo,the squad isn't nearly as bad as this performance showed. Just messed it up against a high energy/pressing side like Spurs.

Lindelof probably should've started because Jones and Smalling are awful with the ball at their feet and they were getting pressured all game. Ball playing and passing is one of Vics strengths.

Also playing Pogs deep in a MF pivot has proven to be a waste of his skills time and time again for club and country,not sure why Mou insists on that over a MF 3 against a quality MF like Spurs have

Young also had a rough game coming in after Shaw had been starting the last 5 or so matches,all around a terrible performance on the pitch and tactics room

Mou confirms Fro is injured, same thing as last time. I initially thought Fro pissed him off because he had such an angry outburst right before subbing him off and I failed to notice any injury on Fellaini. Hope he's alright and back on his feet soon.

Lukaku is trash. I didn’t think his on the ball skills were that bad at Everton but right now it’s downright shocking.

Matic out of form right now too.
Agreed.

Lukaku can be a beast with great service in the box but otherwise he isn't ever going to do much.

Today wasn't his fault at all but the man is entirely useless with the ball at his feet.

Would love to see Rash get a chance at top. He can be equally frustrating because his vision is so limited at times but he isn't as much as a buffon on ball.

And yes, Mou needs to go three in the midfield without a doubt.

Pogba isn't being put in the best positions but he needs to do more then he did today. Not an excuse for his lackadaisical effort.

Mou confirms Fro is injured, same thing as last time. I initially thought Fro pissed him off because he had such an angry outburst right before subbing him off and I failed to notice any injury on Fellaini. Hope he's alright and back on his feet soon.

Probably pissed for him since he just came back into the squad from injury a week or so ago

IMG_20180131_170110.jpg

Midfield two doesn’t help but this **** goes on the players too. Legit looked like nobody gave a flying **** but Alexis.

Yea, if there was one positive today, it was Alexis's play.

Only guy who played with any energy or looked like he cared.

We all told you guys this over the summer and you didn't listen, you were convinced you had signed the second coming of fat Ronaldo.

No one alive thought Rom would be El Phenomono 2.0,foh :lol:

He's got about the same amount of goals in all competitions as Firmino so he's not exactly trash either

Def got room to improve but so do most strikers at 24...

Dude doesn't deserve to get Kevin Love'd and made a scapegoat,he's been working hard even when he's not scoring

good things outta the chelsea game:
-I hate the position barkley played.
-i hate almost all the transfers this market.
-hudson-odoi got playing time. and this was before it was hopeless

No one alive thought Rom would be El Phenomono 2.0,foh :lol:

He's got about the same amount of goals in all competitions as Firmino so he's not exactly trash either

Def got room to improve but so do most strikers at 24...

Ya'll were in here gloating about how you finessed Chelsea into signing Morata, I think it's pretty evident now that they got the better player.

Ya'll were in here gloating about how you finessed Chelsea into signing Morata, I think it's pretty evident now that they got the better player.
Folks were happy about getting their long rumored main target out of the blue the same way they hijacked Pedro and Mikel in the past,not finessing them into Morata. Doesn't even make sense when most United fans thought Morata would be at United :lol:

If its so clear though is that why they just signed Giroud at his position? Cause their main strikers been tearing it up?

Dawg, you're just arguing for the sake of arguing. You don't seriously believe Giroud was brought in to replace Morata.

Dawg, you're just arguing for the sake of arguing. You don't seriously believe Giroud was brought in to replace Morata.
Never said that he's a replacement,just that he was brought in to contribute and light a fire under Morata cause he's been poor for a good minute now

You made it seem like dude has been on fire in the league in comparison to Rom when he hasnt :lol:

I think Morata has more upside than Lukaku. You don't typically see a player with poor ball skills improve that overnight

That's another discussion but right now neither one has separated themselves from the other in any way imo. Same with Laca who came in with hype as well,dudes have been good but haven't really been lighting it up

Rom needs to work on improving his strengths,he's never gonna be a technically gifted or flair striker like others. He needs to use his physical advantage the way Drogba did

Yea, if there was one positive today, it was Alexis's play.

Only guy who played with any energy or looked like he cared.

Midfield two doesn’t help but this **** goes on the players too. Legit looked like nobody gave a flying **** but Alexis.

:lol: Sounding reeeaaal familiar to a couple interviews I heard on a particular YouTube show

Morata has been terrible, have you not watched footie at all this year? He scores a few headers initially but has missed so many 1 v 1 and clear chances. I’ve seen Chelsea fans compare him to Torres.

Lukaku hasn’t been a trailblazer either but he’s deff having a better time than Morata

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom