⚽️The Footy Thread: Lock Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
does the BPL not value the league cup as much as all the other top leagues?
its just a point of banter since EPL trophy is most desired or even Top 4 talk seems to be more important than all the cups in England.

Arsenal has won, what 4 of the last 5? and they still get the bantz and reputation that they got

Toni Kroos is too smooth. The back heal from Kovacic was so dirty. Ronnie should have had 3 minimum...just can't get it this year yet. Chances are there. Bale makes people look like they are standing still dudes speed is something else. Please stay healthy

Saw the first 20 or so minutes of the bayern match...needless to say i didn't expect that score line...hung 5 after being down 2-0. sheesh

does the BPL not value the league cup as much as all the other top leagues?

It’s pretty much just seen as a complimentary thing really if you win the league too but by itself no one really seems to care. Personally I think a trophy is a trophy (some more important and coveted than others obviously) but if your club wins a final I thinks it’s ok to celebrate that

its just a point of banter since EPL trophy is most desired or even Top 4 talk seems to be more important than all the cups in England.

Arsenal has won, what 4 of the last 5? and they still get the bantz and reputation that they got
3 out of 4 but who is counting.

United fans only think trophies are important when their club wins them (FA Cup, Europa, Community Shield etc.)

A trophy is a trophy.

Silverware is Silverware.

Of course, some tournaments are harder than others, but to win them still means something.

At the end of the day he's just one very good defender and leader in a crappy backline, not a wizard.
didn't stop ppl from dragging pogba when his team were under performing... man's knew they were gonna get dragged the moment that transfer fee was announced. They spent first half of the season saying non of their poor results would happen with a real leader in that back line. Yet here we are... :pimp:

Klopp a fraud

A trophy is a trophy.

Silverware is Silverware.

Of course, some tournaments are harder than others, but to win them still means something.

I respectfully disagree. It Chelsea finish the season 4th and win the league cup, I don't consider that a successful season. Finishing 4th and winning the champions league is a whole different story

I respectfully disagree. It Chelsea finish the season 4th and win the league cup, I don't consider that a successful season. Finishing 4th and winning the champions league is a whole different story

Seems like we're saying the same thing for the most part, expect I'm not trying to define a successful season. Of course, winning the CL, which is a much tougher tournament than the League Cup would change the definition of a "successful" season for any team. But in the context of just the trophy, I would think a supporter would be happy to win the League Cup(not comparing which is more prestigious/better).

Where was this during the Lewa,Gotze and Hummels saga's?

The club and German media seem to have turned the fans against Obama
you know exactly why
ivngRdp.png

Sunday morning silly season round up,final weekend of the winter window:

Would sell a kidney to have Thiago in a MF with Pogs and Matic,injury proneness or not. Jorginho wouldn't be bad at all though

Al-Khelaifi also came out and said that he's '2000%' certain that Neymar's gonna be in Paris next year :lol:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom