⚽️The Footy Thread: Lock Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just find it funny how all of a sudden City are being reported as being financially responsible all of a sudden after getting in a bidding war for a target when you guys have spent more than anyone over the last decade and have never been shy about paying over the odds for talent. Not even knocking the spending itself,that's just the reality of todays footy world but it just sounds like excuse laying in case things go south and he ends up elsewhere same with Alves.

I mean it’s not excuses if it’s being reported my reputable places. People have complained about city’s spending and wage structure and now after some change and the club trying to have a much better wage structure to the point we are willing to miss out on targets to hold to that new structure one others have said for years we should have but now those same people are now criticizing if we don’t decide to overpay in every way for a player and told its just making excuses. Can’t have it both ways.

That was a moment of brilliance there from Bournemouth. The 1-2, the cross, the run, ... Perfect.
Now please do it again

Edit: Bruh :rofl::rofl:
It's like this always happens when I'm typing

yeah i know my comment was tongue in cheek especially since it looks like yall are finally heading in the right direction
if yall pick up alexis now who is yall's target in the summer?

In the press conference Jose said if you target an attacker in the summer transfer window but sign an attacker in the winter one then you don’t sign one in the summer. So if he stays true to his word we won’t be after Bale or Griez. The other positions he mentioned in this hypothetical transfer list was a midfielder and a defender. We’ve been linked with Savic and Ryan Sessegnon who looks like he’ll be England’s left back of the future.

If Arsenal lose and they announce the Alexis transfer after the match
2A9C0802-A4FB-42F2-B40F-631B6A20D4A8.png

We might be getting some classic/all-time AFTV later if this score holds up between this match and the Alexis business going on right now :lol::nerd:

i honestly don't see the hype...hes been linked to top clubs and i dont get it

Yeah, I don't get it either. Seen him play quite a few times including against Barca in the CL & he was very very meh.

So glad to club got Semedo instead of Bellerin... Phew...

Edit - Looks like Nick is out today with tonsillitis. Aleix will play instead... I think Barca hasn't won at Anoeta since 2007...

This is what's so great in watching Arsenal. Entertaining when they're playing good attacking football but even more exciting and also hilarious to see them in shambles against far weaker teams :lol:

My guy out there in the Fugazi half n half arsenal jersey looking like my Jordan joint back in 03 :lol:

As it should be...

I still support Zizou, he's earned the opportunity to adapt and leave the club with his dignity when the the time comes.

I just don't want him having major say in transfers anymore. He had a lot of pull and made the team in his vision this past summer. Understandably the club let him, since it also let them be cheap.

Also, with the likes of Raul and Guti up next, I think it's important for RM to set a new culture at the club of backing these former players. Starting with arguably the most revered of the 3 in Zidane. It sets an awful precedent if they fire him, even if he's been extremely poor with both transfers and management this season.

Dude needs to start changing his ways though, ie RM has an abysmal second half goal output this season, something I attribute to him sitting on his hands making 86th minute subs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom