⚽️The Footy Thread: Lock Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kane is now the 3rd PL striker to score more than 20 league goals in 4 consecutive seasons. The other two being Shearer and Henry.

Everton trying to get Walcott?

They love getting those washed wingers that are fast in FIFA

How so? You don’t believe you guys got a top 3 squad on paper?
What about our squad depth though?
I think that's probably our weakest point. The dropoff in quality is pretty significant. I think our starting XI is excellent and certainly up there with the best but in terms of backup players there's not much there.

Eriksen with a beauty as I'm typing :pimp: Standing ovation for the squad tonight, all of them. Especially Sonny, he's been brilliant and doesn't get the credit he deserves imo.

What about our squad depth though?
I think that's probably our weakest point. The dropoff in quality is pretty significant. I think our starting XI is excellent and certainly up there with the best but in terms of backup players there's not much there.

Eriksen with a beauty as I'm typing :pimp: Standing ovation for the squad tonight, all of them. Especially Sonny, he's been brilliant and doesn't get the credit he deserves imo.
You guys actually got good depth, especially for the backline. Injuries are the worst though.

our style of play + the player's youthful temperament in consistency (which is never a good thing to bring in to question) is my biggest concern.

You guys actually got good depth, especially for the backline. Injuries are the worst though.
You're right about the backline but I think we can do better on the attacking front on the bench. Someone like Zaha rather than Sissoko for example. I feel like the other top 6 have more impactful subs on that end of the pitch.

Davinson Sanchez was an excellent signing. Has good potential and he's been a savior in Alderweireld's absence. Aurier appears to be improving as well, both in defense and attack.

Today was the kind of football I want to see from us. We need to do this against the big teams too though.

Last edited:
madrid will still show up in the bright lights. especially ronnie.
psg keep ****ing around they are gonna get bounced.

There's a pretty clear template in place to expose RM on the counter, and PSG have the ideal players to do so.

RM's fullbacks in particular have been targeted the whole season. RM need to shake things up to find inspiration. I'd like to see them try a 4-4-1-1

CR7
Isco
Asensio-Modric/Kroos-Cas-Bale

And make Bale/Isco interchangeable to switch to a 4-4-2 or drop Isco deep to run a 4-3-3 with Asensio/CR7/ Bale up. Depending on how the match is going. A lot of flexibility.

Don't see it happening though, and in part it's hard to fault Zidane when Kroos/Modric/Cas in the middle has brought tons of success, and he depends on them a lot in the midfield.

But imo it's time to stop wondering why it isn't working anymore and just accept that it isn't. We didn't run the same formation in back to back CL finals, so why resist change this time?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom