⚽️The Footy Thread: Lock Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
sheesh. city is not ******* around
i just counted 30+ passing sequence to end the game

Imo this ***-kicking and in another sense this season has been inevitable

When you win 3 out of 4, and back to back CLs, it makes it that much more difficult to change (Benz as an auto-starter.) And winning the super cup 5-1 adds to that (Kovacic man-marking Messi.)

Also Zizou is always overly-calm. You live with the good when that attitude can right the ship, but he's gotta grow as a manager now and start being proactive.

He was actually going to make subs earlier this time but Carvajal ****** that up. 5 reds in the last 7 Clasicos for RM -_-

Can we just go ahead and give City the title? No one is catching them dudes they are on another planet right now.

Madridistas shouldn’t be mad though... a lot of trophies were had in a very short period including historical achievements. A hangover period seemed inevitable. Zizou needs to start playing the younger guys more often. Not sure if there’s a directive from perez to not play them or not.

Who would be the ideal manager if Zizou were to get axed?

and racist
**** UA

what is zizzou's job security?
what happens if psg run through this sqaud and barca runs away with la liga.
does he still have his job?

i don't think he should get axed at all but you never know with flo

There are a lot of matches where you can say it's bad luck that RM didn't score, but when it's happening all season long then something's gotta give. So I'm not going to say what many are that RM "should have" scored. You put out the same attackers and leave out good ones what do you expect.

Zizou was hoping it would be tight until the 60-65th minute and he'd then bring on Asensio, Bale, and Isco. Which you could imagine overwhelming Barca and being a sound strategy. But that's if RM had proven that the tandem of CR7 and Benz could actually score. When they can't find the back of the net, the team gets demoralized after going down 1, and Carvajal panicked at the thought of going down 2. Last seasons RM would just keep attacking and believing. For this side a 1-0 deficit is a mountain to climb.

Minimal contact on Dele... but sticking your leg out like that in the box like that is always risky.

I don't want to see Zizou go anywhere, cause he the perfect counter to Flo, he needs to more flexible with his 11 and actually give his subs a chance, like he was going to do today.

Props to Barca and in particular Valverde.

Shockingly lost Neymar, was looking like the beginning of an RM dynasty, and now instead of the end of the world their sitting on top of it right now, at least in Spain. He completely changed Barca's tactics. And can someone remind Father Time that he clearly skipped over Iniesta :lol:

That’s what Fake Madrid gets for playing corny *** Vasquez instead of James. Hope ZiZou gets sacked.

Still one of the GOAT MF of his time tho.

I don't want to see Zizou go anywhere, cause he the perfect counter to Flo, he needs to more flexible with his 11 and actually give his subs a chance, like he was going to do today.

Yea man there are times when I'm in my feels and want Zizou out because it's infuriating to watch his fellow Algerian Frenchman and Lucas Vasquez over others. But I for once want stability at the helm and to build more of a family in the club. Zizou is a legend who has already achieved a lot. The next test now is can he evolve and adapt. And he more than deserves a chance of showing if he's capable.

So is Madrid still going to 3-peat?

Unlike the World Cup where Argentina is obviously going to win, usually the field > a single team :lol:

I'm expecting RM to experiment and make changes, I don't think we can really gauge their chances until we see how they play in the matches before PSG.

Madridistas shouldn’t be mad though... a lot of trophies were had in a very short period including historical achievements. A hangover period seemed inevitable. Zizou needs to start playing the younger guys more often. Not sure if there’s a directive from perez to not play them or not.

Who would be the ideal manager if Zizou were to get axed?

Agreed that the hangover was inevitable. At this point you gotta play the younger players, mix and match experiment with the squad. Their only concern at this point should be dropping out of a CL spot which would be the ultimate embarrasment for them but with the season Sevilla is having it’s not likely. Still early in the season and lots of time to turn things around so I don’t think at this time they are thinking of sacking Zi but by March we’ll know.
Benz is def out of there this summer tho. He’s on the decline stage of his career.

Still surprises me that Sissoko has the 3rd fastest top speed recorded in this Premier League season at 35.33km/hour

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom