⚽️The Footy Thread: Lock Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally 3 points. What a goal by Ozil. He did say that he and the team needed to step it up today and he surely did. With Rambo out, we'll see how Jack. Im glad to see AMN getting playing time but I rather see him play in his actual position, or even at RW.
Would love to see Wenger buy this winter but slim chance of that happening. We need defenders, a GK, still need a CDM

Question for you guys, was going to make a poll about it but I rather save the polling for something else. Next year, would you guys be interested in doing a Footy Thread Secret Santa?

you are missing the whole point

:lol: Homey talmbout doing googles... If he bothered to follow advice from his own post he'd find that City has scored 54 goals in league play while their opponents have scored only 13 while playing Pep's latest version of tiki taka...

Last edited:
So I thought Silva missed the game cause of a knock but these tweets got me worried

Something seems up but I hope it’s nothign serious. Also when KDB scored apparently he held up Silva’s number

EDIT: Apparently other players have been posting about him too

3A9E1388-E827-4F01-A872-EE6DE7EAEC0E.jpeg

man's a class player, hope everything is good :emoji_pray::emoji_pray:

Just looked at the Eredivisie table and PSV sits atop with a 5 point gap ahead of Ajax. They have the top 3 goal-scorers in the league with 10, 9, & 9...buying Hirving Lozano this summer is paying off
MvG is a special player, man. Many were surprised when van Ginkel, as a loanee, replaced LdJ as skipper, but he's really done the captain's armband justice in Eindhoven. Two years left on his Chelsea contract. Certainly endured rough loan spells with Milan and Stoke, plus injuries (ankle and knee). Glad to see the lad flourishing this campaign. Can really do it all on the pitch, offensively and defensively. That versatility is tremendously valuable. He's best in an attacking role, but a manager could easily slot him into a deeper position with more defensive responsibilities if needed to deputize. Also sturdy and composed on the ball, adequate with both feet.

Thoughts related to City/Spurs:
-As he often does to opposing defenders, Sane was torching Trippier all match long with his constantly threatening pace. Sane has quickly become one of my favorite footballers. Was worried a bit when he first moved from Schalke. Seemed homesick and had difficulty adapting to life in England. Manchester can be a difficult proposition for a shy kid like Sane. But to his credit, he stuck it out and began to prosper in the second half of his debut campaign. In particular, I think Sane's performance against Arsenal in April caught the attention of many onlookers who were unfamiliar with his talents. He doesn't possess the personality or flair that Gabriel Jesus exhibits, but Sane most definitely lets his play on the pitch do the talking.
-There's some irony that Pochettino is having such difficulty replacing Kyle Walker. Trippier is adequate going forward in attack, but leaves much to be desired defensively. Aurier is unpredictable and volatile in every aspect. Capable of brilliance but thus far unable to channel his emotions and overall play consistently. On the left side, Danny Rose was sorely missed while recovering from a serious knee injury. November clashes with the boss haven't helped matters either but Rose will always be a better LB option than Ben Davies.
-It's easy to forget that Manchester City is enjoying this current run of dominance without Kompany, Stones and Mendy for significant periods of time. I really do feel for the City skipper, who has simply been unable to stay on the pitch for prolonged stretches. Mendy appears to have a positive and supportive impact on his club despite suffering a grim knee injury that derailed his entire debut campaign with City.
-Similarly, pardon the expression, but Mangala is back from the dead. Pep deemed him surplus and he was rumored to be extremely close to signing with Palace in the summer. Mangala suffers lapses in focus at crucial moments but for the most part, provides a strong presence in front of Ederson. Otamendi has matured as a defender as well under Guardiola's guidance. Once a crippling weakness, Manchester City's defense is now a focal point and key ingredient to their unbeaten streak.

mou planting the seeds for ozil
would be hilarious if arsenal sold him to united in january

Thoughts related to City/Spurs:
-As he often does to opposing defenders, Sane was torching Trippier all match long with his constantly threatening pace. Sane has quickly become one of my favorite footballers. Was worried a bit when he first moved from Schalke. Seemed homesick and had difficulty adapting to life in England. Manchester can be a difficult proposition for a shy kid like Sane. But to his credit, he stuck it out and began to prosper in the second half of his debut campaign. In particular, I think Sane's performance against Arsenal in April caught the attention of many onlookers who were unfamiliar with his talents. He doesn't possess the personality or flair that Gabriel Jesus exhibits, but Sane most definitely lets his play on the pitch do the talking.
-There's some irony that Pochettino is having such difficulty replacing Kyle Walker. Trippier is adequate going forward in attack, but leaves much to be desired defensively. Aurier is unpredictable and volatile in every aspect. Capable of brilliance but thus far unable to channel his emotions and overall play consistently. On the left side, Danny Rose was sorely missed while recovering from a serious knee injury. November clashes with the boss haven't helped matters either but Rose will always be a better LB option than Ben Davies.
-It's easy to forget that Manchester City is enjoying this current run of dominance without Kompany, Stones and Mendy for significant periods of time. I really do feel for the City skipper, who has simply been unable to stay on the pitch for prolonged stretches. Mendy appears to have a positive and supportive impact on his club despite suffering a grim knee injury that derailed his entire debut campaign with City.
-Similarly, pardon the expression, but Mangala is back from the dead. Pep deemed him surplus and he was rumored to be extremely close to signing with Palace in the summer. Mangala suffers lapses in focus at crucial moments but for the most part, provides a strong presence in front of Ederson. Otamendi has matured as a defender as well under Guardiola's guidance. Once a crippling weakness, Manchester City's defense is now a focal point and key ingredient to their unbeaten streak.

Sane: has been great and is starting to cut the bit of ball hogging out of his game this season, as shown in him being top of the league in assists (three way tie with Silva and KDB)

Walker: Walker has been immense. Several times this season he has snuffed out counters we wouldve got scored on last year. 1a and 1b signing on the summer between Walker and Ederson.

Kompany: My heart breaks for him bruh

Mendy:
IZORmCn.png

the man is great spirit glad he's not letting his injury get to him and still being involved with the other guys.

Mangala: I have been very critical of Mangala since he first arrived. Has all the physical gifts in the world and does well against physical striker but has struggled wit the technical guys. I've been worried about scenarios where hen would have to participate in important games all season just like the Derby and against Spurs but credit where its due he has played well.

Still cant wait for Stones to come back though.

One last note I left out:
-Nike nailed all three City kits this year. The maroon shirt is beyond flames, will likely cop a Sane and Gabriel Jesus in that color and City's third black kit.

3rd kit is actually a very dark green not black. Hard to tell on TV but in person its noticeable. Just a heads up before you make a purchase or anything

Last edited:
win or draw today and barca will be the last unbeaten team in europe's top 5 leagues
an amazing feat...valverde deserves a lot of credit given the crazy circumstances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom