⚽️The Footy Thread: Lock Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't know if this was posted, but...Serie A fans back at it

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/10/25/football/lazio-anne-frank-antisemitism-football-serie-a/index.html

On Sunday, during a leading football match in Europe, fans of Italian club Lazio posted stickers around Rome's Stadio Olimpico depicting Holocaust victim Anne Frank wearing the shirt of city rivals Roma alongside anti-Semitic slogans.

The head of Rome's Jewish community, Ruth Dureghello, tweeted a picture of the stickers, writing: "This isn't the terraces, this isn't soccer, this isn't sport. Kick anti-Semitism out of the stadiums."

Hardcore Lazio fans, called "ultras," have a history of anti-Semitic behavior, while racism is still a problem in Italian football.

In April, Ghana midfielder Sulley Muntari left the pitch during a top-flight Italian game after being booked for complaining of being abused by a section of fans.

Honestly, the lack of @$@$s given by some of these leagues has steered me towards the Premier League over the past few years. The quality of play might not be as high (although this year seems different) but at least racism and abuse are dealt with more severely in the PL, especially compared to bull @#$@ Serie A where this type of behavior happens and goes unpunished on a weekly basis.

Last edited:
When I traveled Europe working for my Uncle back in the day, Greece, Italy, & Russia were the most racist cities I’d ever been to.

I want no parts of mahrez at Camp Nou. I don’t like the heel turn after Heggsy FC won the league.

Don’t need a cancer like that in the locker room.

I want no parts of mahrez at Camp Nou. I don’t like the heel turn after Heggsy FC won the league.

Don’t need a cancer like that in the locker room.
He's still shown flashes of brilliance that I believe can definitely be built upon by having great players around them. Heggsy FC had one major person missing from it's Premier League winning squad, which was Kante who had a ridiculous year, look at what happened to the other club that he joined the following year. This year is a different story as most Chelsea players are betas and wine and moan about every little thing.

^ We will agree to disagree my NT friend... :wink:

Coutinho's agent Kia Joorabchian was seen meeting with PSG technical director Antero Henrique in London earlier this week... :lol: They look like they got caught doing something.

caught.PNG

For those that watch Serie A and have seen Lazio games how has Sergej Milinković-Savić looked? I've watched a few of his highlight videos and really like what I saw been rumors floating around of City keeping an eye on him

For those that watch Serie A and have seen Lazio games how has Sergej Milinković-Savić looked? I've watched a few of his highlight videos and really like what I saw been rumors floating around of City keeping an eye on him

He’s a tank.

from ronaldinho's letter to his 8 year old self

Think about what Dad said, to play free and to just play with the ball. Play with joy. This is something that many coaches will not understand, but when you are on the pitch, you will never calculate. Everything will come naturally. Before you have time to think, your feet have already made a decision.

Creativity will take you further than calculation.

What you’ll be most proud of, though, is helping to change football in Barcelona through your style of play. When you arrive there, Real Madrid will be the power of Spanish football. By the time you leave the club, kids will be dreaming of playing “the Barcelona way."

:smokin:smokin:smokin:smokin:smokin:smokin:smokin:smokin:smokin:smokin

Muthaf*#kin' Dinho! :pimp: :pimp:

Man was arguably the most important Barca player since Cruyff, helped take them to the heights they've reached and make them as recognizable a brand as there is in footy today.

My fave era in footy has probably been when dude was the best in the world before the 2 aliens separated themselves from everyone.

Neymar's kept the joga bonito spirit alive at times but man,no one's been pulling off consistently the stuff Dinho used to every game. Had everyone and their mother practicing dribbling :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom