⚽️The Footy Thread: Lock Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We lost to Crystal Palace man.

I think its time we get some new blood at certain spots. I don't think Willian even cares to be here anymore.

Christensen needs to start and let Luiz play in the midfield while Kante is gone. Fabregas needs to be a super sub only. Rudiger has the speed to deal with faster players.

We can't rotate enough, we forced out all the young legs.

Bruh...

kenny2doqsn.gif

Also just came across Poch's response to Pep's "Harry Kane team" comment and he wasn't exactly pleased... :lol:

PEp.jpg

Pretty cool vid highlighting the importance of Casemiro in Zizou's system

Dude has had one of the fastest rises to prominence I've seen ver since he got back to Real and earned a spot as a starter. He probably wasn't rated by most outside of Madrid and Porto just a year or 2 ago and now he's arguably the best DM in Europe at the moment.

He's most probably gonna be a real important player for Tite's Seleção squad in Russia next year too

^ i blame zidane smh
he's made everyone in their midfield a lot better.
and has everyone on that team seeing and reading the game like a midfielder too

much like pep...these two have a gift developing young players.

still can't believe valverde decided to give gomes his first start against atletico smh
denis suarez has 2 goals and 2 assists and has been playing well.
we still were the better team by far but that tweak may have cost us to drop the 2 points.

oh and barcelona going after van dijk? :nerd::lol:

Last edited:
Brighton score Evertons rough start continues. Not sure how long Koeman will last at this rate

He would've probably been sacked in the morning if they hadnt gotten Roo pk in injury time...

Doubt he lasts half the season,their management didn't spend all that money,£150m's worth, to be in 17th place through 8 match days :sick:

:rofl:@ if Barca sign Van Dijk,dudes can't leave 'Pool alone :lol:

Anyone else catching the Derby della Madonnina later? This is probably the best both sides have been in 4-5 years and it actually matters in the table for once,should be good

It would be different if Everton where unlucky (lack of finishing calls going against them etc) then I’d think they need more time but overall they just look clueless under Koeman right now and he’s made some head scratching tactical decisions too

Yea the team looks lost and they play some dire footy to boot,not a good combo if Koeman wants to keep the job. Still can't believe how bad they've looked,they desperately need a decent no.9. Rom's production was always gonna be hard to replace but they legit have no one up top that can be relied up to score goals on a regular basis.

Oh and just now seeing hi/lowlights of the Gooners shambolic L :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Gooners are gonna need to throw hands with Deeney next time they see him after that ether :lol:

We lost to Crystal Palace man.

I think its time we get some new blood at certain spots. I don't think Willian even cares to be here anymore.

Christensen needs to start and let Luiz play in the midfield while Kante is gone. Fabregas needs to be a super sub only. Rudiger has the speed to deal with faster players.

We can't rotate enough, we forced out all the young legs.

Drinkwater needs to get healthy too, our midfield depth right now is awful.

You're right about Willian too, he's an incredibly frustrating player to watch. To think he held off guys like Salah, Schurrle, Cuadrado and KDB in that spot is crazy to me

Yea the team looks lost and they play some dire footy to boot,not a good combo if Koeman wants to keep the job. Still can't believe how bad they've looked,they desperately need a decent no.9. Rom's production was always gonna be hard to replace but they legit have no one up top that can be relied up to score goals on a regular basis.

Oh and just now seeing hi/lowlights of the Gooners shambolic L :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Gooners are gonna need to throw hands with Deeney next time they see him after that ether :lol:

this is why you don't keep players like ozil on your team when they don't want to be

I already don’t like their goalie Gomes for some reason :lol: dude has always irked me. Might have to add Deeney to that list :lol:

Pretty cool vid highlighting the importance of Casemiro in Zizou's system

Dude has had one of the fastest rises to prominence I've seen ver since he got back to Real and earned a spot as a starter. He probably wasn't rated by most outside of Madrid and Porto just a year or 2 ago and now he's arguably the best DM in Europe at the moment.

He's most probably gonna be a real important player for Tite's Seleção squad in Russia next year too

Video should have highlighted specifically that he allows Marcelo to be a damn LW :pimp:

Quote from Marcelo's Players' Tribune:

It’s like Casimiro does with me nowadays. “Go ahead, Marcelo. We’ll worry about the other stuff later.”

Ahhhh, Casimiro. He saved my life. I might play until I’m 45 with this guy by my side

Marca reporting that England's U17 team has been looking great at the World Cup, and that RM could try raiding some players :nerd:

From the highlights I've seen they've definitely looked real good so far,they're probably the favorites to win it at this point.

S/o to United academy wonderkid,young Angel Gomes who's been captaining them :smokin

La Liga & the CL are Madrid's to lose. They are too deep & talented to lose either. Only thing that could derail them is injuries. They might not look so convincing now but I think they'll be playing great when it matters. Zizou's biggest challenge this campaign will be to give players rest at the right times.

I love this quote from Deeney...

"If you want to come into my world and do that, you can do that, but you've got to be at a level where your excellence of keeping the ball, being fast and getting in the right positions are all 10/10 because my equaliser is I'm big, strong, and I do all the ugly stuff you don't wanna do, and I'm going to make it horrible for you."

This is English football to me. :lol: They've tried moving away from this for decades & it hasn't worked. They should just go back & embrace it.

La Liga & the CL are Madrid's to lose. They are too deep & talented to lose either. Only thing that could derail them is injuries. They might not look so convincing now but I think they'll be playing great when it matters. Zizou's biggest challenge this campaign will be to give players rest at the right times.

Idk man RM are already in a hole and were bailed out by a late goal yesterday after another lackluster performance. I think they're the favorites in the CL, but the odds are still with the field. Also your boy Messi seems to be on a mission and looks as elusive as ever.

I just hope we don't see any more lineups without at least one of Isco, Modric, or even Ceballos because Asensio doesn't have it in him yet to be that "heartbeat" of a team and set the rhythm/get them ticking.

Man City looks much stronger

Injuries killing CFC. I hope they bounce back strong next January

Maybe because I'm a Barca stan, but I don't think Koeman is culpable for whats going on with the Toffees. In interviews I've read, Koeman has largely deferred to director Steve Walsh regarding players purchased in the transfer market. Even after all they spent in the transfer market, they never addressed the fact they needed goal scoring & pace.

They're not equipped to play a Dutch style of possession nor sitting deep, absorbing pressure, & counter. They have a bunch of young players that need to gel & get better. What Walsh & Koeman need is to get a boss striker & add that pace to their squad come January.

If they fire Koeman, they're screwed because now they have to look for a manager that can work with the pieces they have...

It's Koemans fault. Rooney should be played as a 10 and they need to take Mirallis off the bench and put him as a Winger. They have talent, but if the manager doesn't know how to utilize said talent, they are going to suck. Hell, mans has Barclay warming bench. He should be sacked. Should have Sandro playing as a RW and then play their leading scorer(his name escapes me) as the striker.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom