⚽️The Footy Thread: Lock Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Might've been a cool experience for you as a kid, but that WC was far from "awesome."

Sorry I'm only speaking from my own experience as an 11 year old. I'm watching Prem league on weekends and go to Toronto FC games whenever I can so yeah it may have had an effect on me lol. What made 2002's tournament "far from awesome" for you?

No one outside of Brazil liked that WC.

Lots of world powers eliminated early, shady officiating, extreme time difference, etc.

all the preparation and hard work people put in to host a world cup it only makes sense that their team get to play

is qatar world cup really going to be in the winter?
i remember reading that their summers are desert like....temps over 100
cant have that man

Weather and season are the least of the outrage in Qatar.

It's a World Cup built on the backs of slave labor and human corpses.

I guess if FIFA assures the migrant workers are being adequately taken care of though. :rolleyes

I was hoping they'd move the 2022 World Cup, doubt they'll do it this late in the game

I was hoping they'd move the 2022 World Cup, doubt they'll do it this late in the game

I really thought the backlash would force them to move too but it seems like things are gonna go as planned...

Advertisers and sponsors haven't faced enough pressure to really force the issue

Always thought it was an absurd idea hosting it there in the first place so I wasn't even surprised when all the corruption behind it was revealed. Like northoaklandfc northoaklandfc mentioned though,the organizing of the WC itself has been full of human rights abuse and 21st century slave labor :smh:

Yes let's host a WC in very densely populated middle eastern country the size of Rhode Island that has some of the strictest laws against women's rights, gay rights, imposing Indian slave labour to build stadiums from scratch.

Degrees get to 120+ in the summer and most important of all.... THE COUNTRY DOESNT DRINK ALCOHOL

All this World cup talk is depressing

Combines liverpool/United starting 11... cant wait for return of EPL
upload_2017-10-12_17-25-26.png

Yes let's host a WC in very densely populated middle eastern country the size of Rhode Island that has some of the strictest laws against women's rights, gay rights, imposing Indian slave labour to build stadiums from scratch.

Degrees get to 120+ in the summer and most important of all.... THE COUNTRY DOESNT DRINK ALCOHOL
It's absolutely disgusting. It wasn't even like the Qatar bribe to get the WC hosting was that much money for an massive corporation like FIFA. And they still said well that's enough for us to give the hosting to a country with medieval civil rights and literal slaves building their stadium. They should have never given it to Qatar in the first place but they certainly should have removed Qatar after the whole corruption scandal behind it got exposed.

This will be the only positive of the Qatar World Cup. It effectively neuters both the English and Russian hooligans. They already do too much while traveling abroad, but when it comes to football they're even worse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom