⚽️The Footy Thread: Lock Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
How come winning a continental cup doesn't automatically qualify you for the world cup?

Looks like the monthly stuff has been leaked. smh at Kane POTM I was hoping Aguero so I can do his POTM SBC on Fifa
rqi0im3wterz.jpg

EDIT: some are saying the pic could be shopped so take with a grain of salt

They talk so much crap whenever they play Mexico but not a single one responded to my smiley face text the other night after the US missed out on the World Cup :lol:
my phone was blowing up after the L

some I would just ignore

others I would simply pretend like I have no idea what they're talking about.

"Huh world cup? What is that?"

"I don't even like soccer"

How come winning a continental cup doesn't automatically qualify you for the world cup?

Because you have to earn your place like everyone else. Up until recently, the past WC winner automatically earned a place and FIFA got rid of that. Only the host gets an automatic spot.

my phone was blowing up after the L

some I would just ignore

others I would simply pretend like I have no idea what they're talking about.

"Huh world cup? What is that?"

"I don't even like soccer"

my all time favorite line - "bruh, nobody watches soccer". Meanwhile, millions of Americans wake up at the crack of dawn to watch European Football.

Because you have to earn your place like everyone else. Up until recently, the past WC winner automatically earned a place and FIFA got rid of that. Only the host gets an automatic spot.

Damn I didn't realize they stopped giving spots for the defending world champs,gonna be hilarious and awkward if eventually a winner ends up not being able to defend their crown :lol:

Federation champs get a spot in the confed cup @quik

All 3 would qualify then

Both got spots in '02 and SK actually went far and came in 4th after beating Spain and Italy

Yea technically...

moreno_byron.jpg

Made for a great story though :lol:

That was an awesome tournament. My family had a greek restaurant in the middle of Toronto's Korea town and I remember the patio always being absolutely rammed during Korea's games. Ultimately they had lost to Germany and a bunch of fans with German flags drove by the restaurant talking smack. I was 11 at the time.

That was an awesome tournament. My family had a greek restaurant in the middle of Toronto's Korea town and I remember the patio always being absolutely rammed during Korea's games. Ultimately they had lost to Germany and a bunch of fans with German flags drove by the restaurant talking smack. I was 11 at the time.

Might've been a cool experience for you as a kid, but that WC was far from "awesome."

It'll always be a grrat WC for being the last time Brazil reached the pinnacle :pimp:

The '02 WC game is prob one of the first footy games I ever played too :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom