⚽️The Footy Thread: Lock Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
You finished behind us and haven’t beat us in a year.. nice try tho

I literally wrote a diatribe as to why being a Liverpool fan is so much more fulfilling than a Manchester United fan but I deleted if. Don’t want to bore you with the specifics but let’s be clear, Man U is a joke and Liverpool is not. Prove me wrong. I’ll wait, Beansie. And no, it’s not coming home and it never was. Football might have been born in England, but it was perfected in el Rio de la Plata. There’s a reason English clubs refused to participate in the Copa Intercontinental when an Argentine club won the Copa Livertadores.

Your dad live out in Bordeaux by any chance? I used to visit there once in a while, and there's a pretty big Portuguese population there. I guess it makes sense that they'd go to the wine region of France

Na he mainly lived in the Paris suburbs, some former heavy Portuguese immigrant community, then he moved to Versailles for quite a while. Never in Bordeaux, the only other place he lived was French speaking Switzerland for a year with some blonde bombshell, I seen the pics :lol:

My Pops didn’t migrate to France with his parents tho, he was the youngest of 5 children, all of whom moved to France in their late teens. Dude legit left Portugal to live with them when he was like 9, no parental supervision since :lol:

E22C11AD-033C-45E8-B4E3-D12215333E11.jpeg

Hopefully this doesn't come back to bite us. Txiki and em really dropped the ball on this

Jorginho choosing money over pep :smh:

That Pogba rumor might be the worst silly season one I've seen this summer,United would really allow some kind of 60m clause/agreement after dropping 100m on dude :rofl:,there no logic there at all

Like the club would really willingly get robbed twice for the same player by the same club...

Also when did Juve become P$G? They can all of a sudden afford 2 100m players the same summer? Right after they had to tap into external sources of income to cover Ron's wages :lol:

Signing Ron's got them gassed

Pep really thinks that Delph is going to lock down the CDM spot with Fernandiho?
The man obviously knows more about soccer then me (obviouslyl). But you are one injury away from some issues. They keeping Ilkay?

Pep really thinks that Delph is going to lock down the CDM spot with Fernandiho?
The man obviously knows more about soccer then me (obviouslyl). But you are one injury away from some issues. They keeping Ilkay?

Yea I can't see you guys not signing a Yaya replacement/cover for Fernandinho.

Kovacic's been linked recently but if the current press line of City not being willing to 'overspend' on Jorginho is true,then I doubt they'll drop even more on Kova after the reports of him now having a 300m clause

Someone like Nzonzi might be a good/cheaper look

West Ham are going in this summer jeez

Not wanting a repeat of last seasons disaster

No way they accept that...right?

Guess someone's coming home after all

Thing is not that many surefire quality DM's still on the market now (at least that im aware of) and Kovacic isnt a realistic option Real won't sell him. In my dreams id say **** it buy Alaba we all know he can play in midfield and im sure he could lock it down as a DM given what we've seen from him over the years and has played under Pep but again thats a pipe dream and is in no way realistic hes more than happy at Bayern as far as I know.

Fred is already gone, Fabinho gone, Torreria gone which is why this was not to time to play hardball over Jorginho knowing the options outside of that are sparse. Delph has improved alot defensively from his season at leftback but its a gamble that he wont have another injury that could sideline him during critical parts of the season. This is like the fullback issue all over again. Not addressing the position correctly and instead of bringing in a top quality DM that could take the majority of the workload from Fernandinho and have him play a reduced role now we stuck hoping a 33 year old Fernandinho will be what he was and can hold it down in 4 competitions as the only real DM in the squad.

Bonucci 31 and didn’t have a great season last year. Milan seem desperate to get rid. Would get exposed in a CB pairing with the speed of the league what it is. Wouldn’t mind him in a back three.

Damn,these came out a lot better than I thought

Bonucci 31 and didn’t have a great season last year. Milan seem desperate to get rid. Would get exposed in a CB pairing with the speed of the league what it is. Wouldn’t mind him in a back three.

I'd still rather have him start over most of the defenders at the club :lol:

Gonna be even more important to get a CB in now with Blind on his way out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom