⚽️The Footy Thread: Lock Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
As a black person i sometimes find my self conflicted about being RM fan based on a lot of things, but at the end of the day this is the club that made me love this sport and of course the winning makes things easier. I haven't comprised who I am for the club, the moment I do, I'll be done with it.

Also, a club/team is bigger than its owner or players. The whole "I can't support Inter because of Icardi" is a cop out. If you don't like the team anymore because they haven't been successful in a while just say so, don't blame it on one player though.

Scared for today’s game. It’s at home first which gives me some relief.

Hazard has to score first. The best way to break any tension and raise the morale

Also I seent you Tom

Also, a club/team is bigger than its owner or players. The whole "I can't support Inter because of Icardi" is a cop out. If you don't like the team anymore because they haven't been successful in a while just say so, don't blame it on one player though.

I guess i am too passive of a fan. I don't research the club history and the goings-on and see how they have treated their players over the years and what they do to help the community etc. I followed inter as a child because of the players...obviously...and i loved their jersey :lol:. But having no location tie to them and considering i live in baltimore md...i am not a die hard fan. If a club is indeed bigger then an owner/player...then what predicates fandom?

Loving the club despite who owns it and who plays there. Most of these clubs are over a hundred years old. There will be good times and bad, but if you are truly a fan none of that should affect your loyalty.

But you just become a fan...because what? Then you latch on for the sake of loyalty?

You become a fan because when you were growing up you just picked a team...however random...they could have been scumbags at the time but you still role with them? Idk it just doesn't make sense unless a team has exemplified proper ethics for the entirety of their existence which seems verrrrrryyyyy unlikley.

Sorry i know this is a philosphical debate so on topic....Think chelsea folds and Barca win 2-0 today

But you just become a fan...because what? Then you latch on for the sake of loyalty?

You become a fan because when you were growing up you just picked a team...however random...they could have been scumbags at the time but you still role with them? Idk it just doesn't make sense unless a team has exemplified proper ethics for the entirety of their existence which seems verrrrrryyyyy unlikley.

Sorry i know this is a philosphical debate so on topic....Think chelsea folds and Barca win 2-0 today

I don't want to bore you with the reasons I became a fan of each of my teams, but the answer to that question is essentially yes, I have stayed a fan of my teams out of the sake of loyalty. Some of the players, owners, and/or personnel of my teams haven't always behaved well at times, but my loyalty to the team never faltered.

Thank goodness I'm watching this game in spanish. I can't stomach more of Alexi after his latest podcast :stoneface:

*Waits for Uefalona to come full force*
giphy.gif

Who you cheering for @Black Lotus?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom