⚽️The Footy Thread: Lock Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
pogba is my favorite player. really hope they find a solution to this fast. sad to see such a talented guy being neutered by a managers style :frown:

Pogba is an outstanding talent. Mou is a pragmatic coach that is all about winning games. Right now, United simply doesn’t have the midfield depth to play a midfield three more effectively than the 4-2-3-1 that he’s been employing. I truly think Pogba was hurt against Newcastle and that hampered his performance, but I think some of this falls on his shoulders at this point.

Part of being a box-to-box midfielder is playing defense, especially under a coach like Mourinho who demands it out of all of his players. Pogba has an opportunity to prove he can play a complete game by helping in defense while still picking his spots to go forward and join the attack. When you are the highest paid player on the team (pre-Alexis, excluding Zlatan) more is going to be expected from you and I hope he takes it as a challenge to show he is as good as he, and we all, believe he is.

I look at someone like KDB who has a similar skill of long passes and assisting, who is even slightly more attack-minded, and someone weve mentioned in here as showing an increase in defensive capabilities this year as well, making him a rather consensus best player in the PL and probably a top 5 player in the world. Pogba has the physical attributes and potential to be this player and it’s time to stop hiding behind the “Mou is holding me back” narrative and show the fans what he is really made of. Imo.

season after Mou won his latest with chelsea he definitely hindered Hazard's ability to play to his potential. constricted his movements. it's happened before with Mou, looks like its happening again and Pog's is being vocal about it. not the main reason we kicked Mou off I'd say but it is what it is

The dotard has lost his touch plain & simple. Watching that team play is painful. He shouldn’t get another big club ever again.

Pogba is an outstanding talent. Mou is a pragmatic coach that is all about winning games. Right now, United simply doesn’t have the midfield depth to play a midfield three more effectively than the 4-2-3-1 that he’s been employing. I truly think Pogba was hurt against Newcastle and that hampered his performance, but I think some of this falls on his shoulders at this point.

Part of being a box-to-box midfielder is playing defense, especially under a coach like Mourinho who demands it out of all of his players. Pogba has an opportunity to prove he can play a complete game by helping in defense while still picking his spots to go forward and join the attack. When you are the highest paid player on the team (pre-Alexis, excluding Zlatan) more is going to be expected from you and I hope he takes it as a challenge to show he is as good as he, and we all, believe he is.

I look at someone like KDB who has a similar skill of long passes and assisting, who is even slightly more attack-minded, and someone weve mentioned in here as showing an increase in defensive capabilities this year as well, making him a rather consensus best player in the PL and probably a top 5 player in the world. Pogba has the physical attributes and potential to be this player and it’s time to stop hiding behind the “Mou is holding me back” narrative and show the fans what he is really made of. Imo.
Wow I feel the same exact way about Pogba. Never thought I'd hear it from a United fan.

At the end of the day Pogba shouldnt be scared of Mou. If he benches Pogba for not taking up more defensive duties, Mou looks more like a fool than Pogba for not tracking back all the time. Pogba has delivered KDB like passes but not trying to throw shade at United, but they are not as clinical as City are in scoring goals.

I was not a fan of KDB taking more of a box to box CM role but that actually has helped our defense so much over the course of the season.

KDB's output has been astronomical with assists and passes to assists this year. If KDB can do it in a similar role, Pogba can do it...just maybe not with this current United attack.

I was not a fan of KDB taking more of a box to box CM role but that actually has helped our defense so much over the course of the season.

KDB's output has been astronomical with assists and passes to assists this year. If KDB can do it in a similar role, Pogba can do it...just maybe not with this current United attack.

City are at their best when KDB plays box-to-box and David Silva is able to create alongside/slightly ahead of him. City’s back line has been so rock solid that it’s allowed KDB and Silva to be able to go forward without having to worry as much about defensive duties, and when they do have to defend KDB has done a great job of coming back to help.

When you realize Pogba is playing in front of Jones and Smalling, you can realize why he has to track back so much...

As far as United’s front line, I agree they are not as clinical as City this year but I really like what is building. Alexis has been a great add imo, and Rashford, Martial, Lukaku, and Lingard will only continue to improve. We just need another midfielder or two and Lindelof to develop as a CB to pair with Bailly and I like the makeup of the squad.

Damn all last season United was worried about making champions league so we could get Griezman.. one year on, he’s in Madrid still and playing in Europa league. Life is crazy

Alexis should play on the right tho..martial deserved to have the left wing after making it his own. Mourinho messes the whole chemistry up with that

Pog's came from having 3 italian legends as brick walls behind him at Juve. he had freedom for days. they add matic, scurry around with carrick being old, Fro is a super sub that goes forward, Lingard is the only consistent great starter, injuries in general blah blah. I don't know; I'm not surprised he feels this way but he should've known what he gotten himself into

Jose is washed.

United better do everything they can to replace him with Conte. All. Conte needs is a board who will support him.

I still have faith in Monchi. Even though most of his signings are a bust so far. Under is showing some promise though.

Same dumb *** ish Messi used to do... Dummy was stuffing himself with Pizza as his pregame meal & then throwing up during games. It wasn’t until Lucho showed up that it was cut out... what dummy would let his player eat pizza pregame?!?!

Ernesto is stupid for putting Dembele out there... I already said his conditioning looked terrible & there was no way he was looking stellar in training to warrant putting him out there.

I wonder if he’s being told to play him. To be honest he shouldn’t play for a while until he’s proven himself in training. I’m mean looking stellar. I’d actually loan him out to a lesser side to get him regular playing time. He don’t deserve that with Barca yet.

Truth be told, once I read he asked the club to buy him a grill instead of going out & getting himself one has told me how self entitled this kid is. He ain’t got the stones to be a great player...

Terrrible terrible transfer buy...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom