⚽️The Footy Thread: Lock Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just read the article.

I think the best part of it is the NY Times doing an article on my team!

Other than that, imo it lacked substance.

After reading the RM Way, a book written with an impartial academic perspective, it's evident that Florentino is a damn business and sports management god. His reign isn't that of an inept tyrant's, who consolidates power to himself through suppression like that article strongly and incorrectly insinuates. He is unopposed in elections, because nobody is on his level. RM achieved their status in the 50's through the innovation and vision of Santiago Bernabeu and his galacticos Di Stefano and Puskas, and Florentino is the true successor of that. In an era with billionaire investors, oligarchs, sheikhs, and their rivals having the possible GOAT that they didn't pay a transfer fee for, he took a club in financial turmoil and turned them into the most well-managed powerhouse in footy.

The article is a classic example of vultures waiting to pounce at the first sign of the king slipping. Like a worse version of posters here who can't wait to bring up Alaba's name whenever Marcelo has a bad run of form :lol::wink:

What point are you trying to make PRIME PRIME ? Historically Madrid is the better team with more Liga titles & a lil more than double the CL titles. The culture within the club (especially under Perez) is completely different than Barca’s. Both clubs really are the yin & yang of football clubs.

Barca still the only club with 2 trebles doe... :smokin

I love watching this dude play. A simple move done elegantly...

I guess "footballing disneyland" is pretty accurate.

Madrid aren't quite as dominant as a Disney (considering there isn't a #2 to Disney's dominance). But I'll just let the comparison live.

Universal Studios

Cedar Point in Ohio has some of the worlds best rated rollercoasters.

And flyeed flyeed , you know I’m no Madrid hater but Alaba is by far the best. It ain’t emm close. Your boy has always been hot & cold jutst like chief oompa loompa but had a great stretch run in the last 3-4 years. :rolleyes

Spurs v Juve and Madrid v Paris both lived up to the hype. Very enjoyable matches. Neymar must be better in the second leg, way too selfish. Substitutions by both Emery and Zizou changed the game.

RIP Mou if he has beef with Pogs...

Taking it with a grain of sand though coming from L'Equipe

I’m not worried about it but it is a tough spot for the club to be in if true. Pogba is a generational talent and we would be losing out big time if he ended up leaving the club during his prime years. But no player is bigger than the club. Can’t have players telling the manager how we should be setting up. Allow that and you end up having a player power issue like Chelsea. Pogba doesn’t have to like how he is being used but he does need to perform the duties that his manager gives him. The man literally walks around the pitch when we don’t have possession :lol: He is culpable for the last couple of performances.

Neymar switched out of the new Mercurials during the match against Real, not comfortable with the new ones yet i guess.

Spurs v Juve and Madrid v Paris both lived up to the hype. Very enjoyable matches. Neymar must be better in the second leg, way too selfish. Substitutions by both Emery and Zizou changed the game.

I’m not worried about it but it is a tough spot for the club to be in if true. Pogba is a generational talent and we would be losing out big time if he ended up leaving the club during his prime years. But no player is bigger than the club. Can’t have players telling the manager how we should be setting up. Allow that and you end up having a player power issue like Chelsea. Pogba doesn’t have to like how he is being used but he does need to perform the duties that his manager gives him. The man literally walks around the pitch when we don’t have possession :lol: He is culpable for the last couple of performances.

I get where Pogba (if this is indeed true) is coming from. Mou can really suck the life out of football and his players at times. His defensive tactics seem to stifle the players instead of expressing their best attributes BUT at the same time. If Pogba is to be world class player, playing in a midfield 2 shouldn’t produce the shocking performances of the past couple weeks. Yes, he may be better in a midfield 3, and yes he can express himself more with more confidence, but the dip in form can’t be laid at Mou’s feet alone. Pogba has some ownership in his terrible form of late. It’s like a 70-30 or 60-40 Mou split for who’s at fault. I hope things get figure out for my heart sake. Because sacking another manager is just going to set us back even further.

After watching the RM vs PSG match i can't say the outcome wasn't deserved. I thought RM were dangerous going forward. I also thought Ronaldo missed some easy chances. The free kick at the top of the box...LET KROOS HIT IT!!!! stop letting Ronnie hit the ball over the goal because he has 0 touch on close range FKs. He picked up the ball in the box on a turnover and hit it left footed 15 rows deep into the stands. If that was Bale it was a goal (yes because bale is left footed lol but still). The PK wasn't even that well hit. I thought Ronnies knee goal and Marcelo's shin goals were a little lucky but they were pressing so something seemed inevitable.

Anyway i don't think its over i can see PSG going 2-0 or 3-1 at home. But i agree Asensio was a huge difference maker. And the Cavani sub was a head scratcher. If he would have taken off Cavani and put on Draxler i would have been like ehhh ok. But to put on a outside back for your start striker with that much time left in the game is strange. I don't know if he thought we will lock it down and take this 1-1 result. But it proved to be not smart in my opinion

I get where Pogba (if this is indeed true) is coming from. Mou can really suck the life out of football and his players at times. His defensive tactics seem to stifle the players instead of expressing their best attributes BUT at the same time. If Pogba is to be world class player, playing in a midfield 2 shouldn’t produce the shocking performances of the past couple weeks. Yes, he may be better in a midfield 3, and yes he can express himself more with more confidence, but the dip in form can’t be laid at Mou’s feet alone. Pogba has some ownership in his terrible form of late. It’s like a 70-30 or 60-40 Mou split for who’s at fault. I hope things get figure out for my heart sake. Because sacking another manager is just going to set us back even further.

I agree with both of you for the most part,Pogba also deserves a share of the blame for his form lately but some of the stuff that's been coming out this week about his relationship with Mou,true or not, is much of the same stuff a lot of us have been in here saying about the tactics/formations Mou's favored as well as when Deschamps does for France.

My initial post about RIP to Mou if they have beef is mainly because if it came down to choosing between the 2,I'm sure Ed would choose Pogba his golden goose given how adamant the club has become about keeping their best players. I doubt it'll ever get tot hat point but both of them are still gonna have to compromise,Mou's frigid 4-2-3-1 has produced some terrible performances as of late yet he's sticking with it. He needs to be open to playing a MF 3 and Pogba has to start putting in a bit more effort on the defensive end when he's in a pivot if he wants to be considered a true B2B MF. Both are at fault for how things reportedly are, still taking it with a grain of salt, but if Mou ends up alienating his main man I could see him replacing Emery next season...

tumblr_ounqy6mirm1wok4eeo3_540.gif

Our #1 striker Nacho doing the dark lords work of ruining Östersunds own Cinderella story.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom