⚽️THE FOOTY THREAD: Leicester v City, Lyon v Brest, Troyes v PSG, Sandhausen v Leipzig, Wiesbaden v BVB

Status
Not open for further replies.
They made their bed when they fired Poch for Mou...

That move will set that club back for years.
The fact they're even reportedly entertaining a reunion says it all :lol:

They might not have won the league but Poch finally won some trophies the minute he left :rofl:

I expect the same to happen for Kane once he leaves

Seems a few other sources are hopping on that Allegri replacing Zizou story this morning...

Thoughts Verde Shuttles Verde Shuttles flyeed flyeed El Argentino El Argentino haicheo haicheo ?

I think like Verde alluded to, whoever our manager is our issue will still be getting someone to score goals up top with Benz.

I’m fine with it though, and I think it was expected. If Zizou feels he’s gotta go then imo it’s because he doesn’t see a successful next season for himself.

Obviously there’s a chance that Allegri winds up being another Benitez or Lopetegui. But he seems to be more cut from the same cloth as Ancelotti. I can’t really think of any better free agent manager to get at the moment.

Yea Allegri wouldn't be the most inspired hire but he's by far the most qualified candidate out there right now so think he'd at worst bring some stability once Zizou leaves like we keep hearing

Gigi getting less than what he made at pool. Aguero getting less than at city. Both around. 5 mill. That’s solid shrewd business but my main concern is getting rid of people though.
Lots of players that need to get an ultimatum.

it’s crazy though laporta gets Gigi for free with less than 5 million a year wage. Bartomeu bought gomes and Paulinho for about 40 million each with higher wages. :lol:
the market is different now but that’s crazy.

Barca need to focus on that back line next. Time for pique to call it a day.

why hasn’t anyone taken a leap on Haag

:pimp:

He gets stick for his attacking ability yet he had more G + A than Reece James and Walker combined this season :lol:>D

If waistcoat doesn't want defensive versatility in his squad, then it'll just have to be Congo's gain.

Hope Konsa follows suit too, Congo would have a mean backline if he does since they already have Mbemba and Tisserand

Seems a few other sources are hopping on that Allegri replacing Zizou story this morning...

Thoughts Verde Shuttles Verde Shuttles flyeed flyeed El Argentino El Argentino haicheo haicheo ?

I was listening to Sid Lowe this morning talk about some potential turnover in the club, including Zizou going. He opined Zizou had been the one preventing Flo from doing more squad rebuilding over the last few seasons - sticking to his tried and trusted group. It blew my mind to therefore realize Ramos will also likely go this summer; club captain who still hasn't renewed, no chatter about renewal at all (see Modric resigning this morning), and public opinion has shifted on him being critical to team structure (see Euro exclusion).

Bring in a tactician like Allegri; a "light on the stick" kind of guy who nonetheless demands exactness to a dressing room that will suddenly get upended in terms of power dynamics. Think it will be very interesting. New captain like Casemiro or Nacho (Benz? Kroos? Modric?). Could be very interesting. Ramos out, Varane out, shift on one of Vini / Rodrygo. Formation change? Exciting times.

Could be Rafa 2.0, but I think Allegri brings some gravitas with him that will resonate more than Rafa did against CR7, Ramos, et al.

New signings (for which we are in desperate need) would spice it up even more.

I think Benz would be captain. RM automatically makes the player who has been there longest captain

Yeah but that also means we always have like 4 alternates.

Benz may not be starting every game next year. I wouldn't expect him to. Same as Marcelo this last year, despite being co-captain w/ Ramos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom