⚽️THE FOOTY THREAD: Leicester v City, Lyon v Brest, Troyes v PSG, Sandhausen v Leipzig, Wiesbaden v BVB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Talented young DM prospect?

tenor.gif

Gonna be the 2nd Ecuadorian at the club after Valencia.

Big fan of this recruiting route with promising young prospects over huge money deals you don't know will pan out.

Here’s the thing Arsenal fans, I too thought Arteta was a good hire a year ago. Former player, learned under Pep, was a midfielder, etc

but after that bizarre and crazy interview yesterday talking about “percentages” he completely sealed it for me. He’s done. Percentages don’t win footy games.

One of the reasons I love footy so much is because it hasn’t been tainted by analytics like basketball and baseball has. And Arteta came off sounding like a crazy analytics dweeb.

Analytics has no place in footy. Maybe on set pieces.That’s where Arteta lost me, he’s completely lost the team to me now. He has to go.

For those reasons I didn't want him. I wanted someone with experience that could help us transition to stability and weather the storm. I find that former players in management positions is romanticized, you now have people with little to no experience such as Edu. We're so far off that they deemed the scouting department redundant. Our recruitment policy is ****, ie Willian. The club is in ******* shambles

Wild how Emery's flourishing again in Spain given the state of the Gunners :lol:

Also wild that the FA has the power to suspend players in other countries/leagues. Handed Tripper a heavier ban for bets stemming from a whatsapp groupchat, that he didn't even place himself, where he all he did was tell friends he was going to Atleti than they have for instances of racial abuse... >D

Modric being rested. He’s been such a difference maker. We could struggle in attack without him to get rhythm and chances. I’d like to see Kroos take more initiative in the creative part of the game with Luka out. And if we’re struggling we could throw Odegaard in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom