⚽️THE FOOTY THREAD: Leicester v City, Lyon v Brest, Troyes v PSG, Sandhausen v Leipzig, Wiesbaden v BVB

Status
Not open for further replies.
If this is true and City pull it off, no way they get Messi too.

However, Y’all can’t let City get Haaland. All of your clubs needs to stop this from happening!!

BBC citing an article from 90min written by a dude I never heard of unfortunately so I’ll wait for some more concrete stuff before I get excited. But he’s absolutely who we should target

Oh no it’s going to happen 😭 😭

1606145293718.jpeg

His Pops played for Citeh when that pic was taken so not really much in that :lol:

Still would be sick if he went :sick:. Hope Dortmund plays hardball the same way they did with Sancho last summer if Pep really wants him to replace Kun

BBC citing an article from 90min written by a dude I never heard of unfortunately so I’ll wait for some more concrete stuff before I get excited. But he’s absolutely who we should target

I agree, it’s exactly what they need. Even tho I don’t want it to happen 😂

His Pops played for Citeh when that pic was taken so not really much in that :lol:

Still would be sick if he went :sick:. Hope Dortmund plays hardball the same way they did with Sancho last summer if Pep really wants him to replace Kun

I’m going down this Haaland rabbit hole right now because I really don’t know much about dude and I see this. AYO WTF

How could United F up so bad? Literally the ONLY advantage of having OGS as your manager was his connection to his fellow countryman and United still didn’t get Haaland?

Time to go OGS.
1606145777952.png

I’m going down this Haaland rabbit hole right now because I really don’t know much about dude and I see this. AYO WTF

How could United F up so bad? Literally the ONLY advantage of having OGS as your manager was his connection to his fellow countryman and United still didn’t get Haaland?

Time to go OGS.
1606145777952.png
His Pops also hates Uniteds guts though after his beef with Keane back in the day when he ended his playing career, think that might've played a small part :lol:

Also was always gonna be a guaranteed starter from the get go at Dortmund so made the most sense at the time and it's worked out well for him.

I've learned to stop expecting much from the club though as set up presently so kinda done holding out hope for good things happening :smh:

From a moment of joy to complete sadness and heartbreak in the span of 15 minutes. That equalizer was just complete trash even the finish. Everyone ball watched. Luck wasn't on our side today :smh:
We shouldn't have needed luck :smh: Legit want every single defender that's not Farfan to be cut. If you cant fix the mentality to stay the **** awake through the final whistle, this kind of **** will keep happening. Zuparic is great and Mabiala has more good moments than bad, but that wasn't even the first time a 17 year old kid burned them in the 90th+ minute to tie the game this year. Fire them all.

City being linked with Jack Graelish too.. don't see where he would play, think they need a striker more than anything

Did anyone here play club soccer growing up or have a son/daughter in club soccer? My son is ten and made the four teams he tried out for. This is not a brag since at this early age I tend to think they let most kids in. That is my guess. I have a feeling the young kids help subsidize the older kid programs. Anyway in deciding between teams I am wondering if he should join the most prestigious team that has 5 teams (gold, silver, bronze, etc.) for his age level or the less prestigious team that only has two teams (gold and bronze).
The prestigious team has a former USMNT U-17 coach on the roster that they tout and market but he only coaches the +13 kids. My son would likely also start off on the lower tier team so he would have to move up several teams to play top competition.
The less prestigious team does not have USMNT related coaches but they compete in the same leagues as the prestigious team and go toe to toe with their equivalent gold and bronze teams. The issue is they only have two teams so depending on how good my son is at practice he may start or may be on the bench. The less prestigious team is also more affordable.

Anyway do you guys have any advice or insights from your experiences?

Did anyone here play club soccer growing up or have a son/daughter in club soccer? My son is ten and made the four teams he tried out for. This is not a brag since at this early age I tend to think they let most kids in. That is my guess. I have a feeling the young kids help subsidize the older kid programs. Anyway in deciding between teams I am wondering if he should join the most prestigious team that has 5 teams (gold, silver, bronze, etc.) for his age level or the less prestigious team that only has two teams (gold and bronze).
The prestigious team has a former USMNT U-17 coach on the roster that they tout and market but he only coaches the +13 kids. My son would likely also start off on the lower tier team so he would have to move up several teams to play top competition.
The less prestigious team does not have USMNT related coaches but they compete in the same leagues as the prestigious team and go toe to toe with their equivalent gold and bronze teams. The issue is they only have two teams so depending on how good my son is at practice he may start or may be on the bench. The less prestigious team is also more affordable.

Played youth soccer at the club level, were national champion runners up and then champs in my early teens.

That being said (finances) aside...i would say go to the team that has the best players and will get the best players down the line. The higher level skills your kid gets to play against at practice every week will help him develop. I am a believer that its better to be the worst player on the best team then the best player on a bad team.

Competent coaching is very very helpful but at the end of the day at the youth level (from my experience) the tactics coaches use aren't mind blowing. Repetition and competition is paramount. Some might set up zone defenses, others might start using professional formational tactic, but it should depend on the players and where they play best.

Played youth soccer at the club level, were national champion runners up and then champs in my early teens.

That being said (finances) aside...i would say go to the team that has the best players and will get the best players down the line. The higher level skills your kid gets to play against at practice every week will help him develop. I am a believer that its better to be the worst player on the best team then the best player on a bad team.

Competent coaching is very very helpful but at the end of the day at the youth level (from my experience) the tactics coaches use aren't mind blowing. Repetition and competition is paramount. Some might set up zone defenses, others might start using professional formational tactic, but it should depend on the players and where they play best.

Thanks for the advice JKing.
I am thinking the same. My son would likely be better off and get more competition on the less prestigious team since the lowest he could go is Bronze (only have gold and bronze). He would likely not start his first season but he would get to practice with the Bronze and Gold team.
I debated the prestigious team because they have better coaches at the top (teens). They also have a bunch of teams so he would likely start with a lower quality team. He might as well continue playing rec for that.
The other issue is that the NorCal club soccer scene is changing rapidly. The San Jose Earthquakes had the best program but they disbanded their under 13 teams so the coaches and players scattered to different teams in the area. This means a team that was not as prestigious in previous years could be rising due to influx of new players or coahces from the quakes.

I am not sure where you played but I was surprised by how segregated club soccer is in NorCal.
There are basically predominantly white teams or latino teams.

Last edited:

I played competitive.

Honestly, I would have him play on the less prestigious team to hone his skills. He will become a better player in the long run.

The "prestigious" team is more focused on marketing itself as having a former U-17 player as coach. Teams like that, politics and favoritism come into play. Your son might be the better player but Timmy would get more playing time because his dad runs a hedge fund and financially supports the club and is friends with the coaches

I played competitive.

Honestly, I would have him play on the less prestigious team to hone his skills. He will become a better player in the long run.

The "prestigious" team is more focused on marketing itself as having a former U-17 player as coach. Teams like that, politics and favoritism come into play. Your son might be the better player but Timmy would get more playing time because his dad runs a hedge fund and financially supports the club and is friends with the coaches
Thanks for the advise. I am leaning that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom