⚽️THE FOOTY THREAD: Leicester v City, Lyon v Brest, Troyes v PSG, Sandhausen v Leipzig, Wiesbaden v BVB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Arsenal fired 55 people cot damn
every other squad took pay cuts to keep their staff. Ruthless
Not even the mascot was safe :lol: :lol:

partey is the truth though
They better make top 4

If true, this is a slimy way to go about business. Atleti lose one of their most important players without any time to replace him.
Didn’t they get torreira though ?

United are dumb for buying van de beek and not going for partey. Don’t even see how van de beek fits in their squad

My understanding is it’s a loan deal. Is there an option to buy?
i was just wondering how they negotiated that deal without telling them they were coming for partey
it doesn't make sense unless arsenal was just really that sneaky

also, shouldn't have partey at least let them know as well ?
even neymar told barca

If true, this is a slimy way to go about business. Atleti lose one of their most important players without any time to replace him.

They got Torriera on loan. But I get it, sounds like Atelti wasn't trying to play ball at all with Arsenal this summer when it came to Partey. They tried to deal for Partey with Torriera going the other way on loan. But Atleti wasn't interested and wanted the buyout triggered. I'm wondering if Arsenal wanted to make sure that Atleti wasn't going to drag their feet. Also Torriera couldn't be announced unless Atleti moved players out today.

i was just wondering how they negotiated that deal without telling them they were coming for partey
it doesn't make sense unless arsenal was just really that sneaky

also, shouldn't have partey at least let them know as well ?
even neymar told barca

in la liga you don't have to notify the team if you're hitting a release clause. you only tell la liga and send payment to them. the player and buying team can keep the selling team in the dark if they want to be shady which is what happened here. atleti didn't know anything until la liga notified them the payment for partey arrived

It was no secret Arsenal wanted Partey

I’m sure Arsenal tried to make a deal in good faith and Atleti said F U pay the release clause. I don’t see why they trying to act like victims now.

1601935697290.gif

Last edited:
We've been after Partey since 2018 but i get how it looks with the reports today. Pure speculation, but i think atleti are salty about arsenal trying to get partey at a discount throughout the summer (while they had the funds for the clause) and then for us to come at the last minute and just pay the full amount.

A bit of what masta was saying too, it seems arsenal didnt want to give atleti a chance to drag out the transfer, if they could. I dont blame atleti being bothered about us trying to lowball but i dont think it should be a shock that we went and submitted another bid for him at the last minute
partey.PNG

I don’t get what the fuss is about. Arsenal have stated previously that they don’t have funds to sign anyone just to make loan deals. I thought this was conveyed to Unai AND Arteta.
Atleti are just being sour ****.

633237BB-04C3-42CB-90DA-4F61AED79F2F.jpeg

Theo does not look happy at all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom