⚽️THE FOOTY THREAD: Leicester v City, Lyon v Brest, Troyes v PSG, Sandhausen v Leipzig, Wiesbaden v BVB

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the board members can fire Levy, I’m pretty sure in that documentary he had higher ups or equivalents who can vote him out.

I remember the board meeting if I’m not mistaken.
I don't know the specifics but I'm pretty sure he can't be sacked/voted out :lol:

He's the defacto CEO since their actual owner is in tax exile and doesn't really involve himself in the clubs internal business/politics like that.

If there were a way I'm sure Spurs fans would've tried to push for it by now :lol:. It's like a Glazer situation I think, they can't get rid of him unless they decide to sell the club to someone else

I don't know the specifics but I'm pretty sure he can't be sacked/voted out :lol:

He's the defacto CEO since their actual owner is in tax exile and doesn't really involve himself in the clubs internal business/politics like that.

If there were a way I'm sure Spurs fans would've tried to push for it by now :lol:. It's like a Glazer situation I think, they can't get rid of him unless they decide to sell the club to someone else

Damn, I didn’t know he had THAT much power. I thought he was keeping his position because objectively he’s done a great job financially. He’s made Spurs a global brand.

But I always thought he could be fired, didn’t even know he had that much power. Who are Spurs owners anyways.

If he’s willing to let his most valuable asset depreciate then he’s no longer helping the club. I assumed someone higher up would be pissed since they care so much about money over there at Tottenham.

Don't know how it'll end but things could get ugly for Spurs if he has a poor rest of the Euros as England crash out and starts being even more vocal about wanting out.

Definitely sounded like someone that's moved on already in that Sky interview with Neville...

It’s a pretty stupid move. Financially and pride wise.

The men that run these clubs have shown, time and time again, that they are not above making financially stupid moves. Take a look at Laporta, for instance. He just signed Kun Aguero, Emerson, Eric Garcia, and Memphis Depay while there are reports that the club is on the verge of financial apocalypse. So naturally, he’s resorted to making public statements about reviving the Super League in a desperate attempt to find funding for this activity.

Last edited:
I don't think it's got anything to do with money man :lol:

Levy's a prideful *** chairman and he's shown in the past that he'd rather be ripped off from abroad for his best players rather than sell them to a domestic rival.

United offered him more than Real for Modric when Fergie was crazy about him only to accept less from Real. Same for sending them Bale when the Prem big dogs would've paid anything for him.

Kind of dude that would rather you cut off his hand than shake hands with rival club execs after a negotiation :lol:
THIS

I've said it all along, I'd be absolutely shocked if Levy sells our best player domestically.

Also regarding this supposed City deal, don't the players who were allegedly offered actually have to agree? Why would Sterling, Jesus or Laporte even consider joining us? If I were them there's no way I'd agree to that.

It is but I don't think things work that way in England, not sure board members can force him out like they can in Spain :lol:

That's who he's always been though which is why Kane kinda gave himself an L when he signed that long term extension not too long ago if he really had higher ambitions for his career

Damn, I didn’t know he had THAT much power. I thought he was keeping his position because objectively he’s done a great job financially. He’s made Spurs a global brand.

But I always thought he could be fired, didn’t even know he had that much power. Who are Spurs owners anyways.

If he’s willing to let his most valuable asset depreciate then he’s no longer helping the club. I assumed someone higher up would be pissed since they care so much about money over there at Tottenham.

Levy can be fired as chairman, but his family is in bed with Joe Lewis(Actual owner of the spurs via ENIC). For Levy to be fired, that would require Lewis to have a falling out with them or for his next of kin to have a falling out with them. And even so, Levy and his family would probably try to buy them out before that happens.

turning down 100m when so many clubs are broke is crazy tho, petty knows no lengths I guess
And it's not like we currently have a whole lot of money to spare. There's really no bounds to Levy's stubborn stance on selling top players domestically.

the dutchies are rolling. memphis and malen were brilliant today. the midfield has been their strength but it's still hard for me to believe they can do real damage without VVD. such a shame he isn't playing. this team would be scary.

Me neither, I’d make that bet again lol

Still think Kane goes to a club in England. Levy won’t have a choice in my opinion, no matter how stubborn he is.
Yeah, he can't claim to be this great business man and then not sell a player in their "prime" for whatever inflated English tax that he's currently going for all for spite. Levy is just ensuring that he gets top dollar with not a cent left on the table.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom