⚽️THE FOOTY THREAD: Leicester v City, Lyon v Brest, Troyes v PSG, Sandhausen v Leipzig, Wiesbaden v BVB

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm surprised Haller didn't start. He did well in West Ham's midweek Carabao cup match. Same with Yarmalenko, Lanzini and Felipe Anderson.

David Moyes smoking something real strong on that side of London.

Yet he bangs on about how WHU has so much potential, which I think they do. But he's not the one to bring it out, clearly not

Edit: Welp, they just scored

I switch the channel to Golf and Arsenal lets in a goal out of nothing :lol: :smh:

Ended up going ML and -1,-1.5 hope I didn’t get greedy :lol:
I went -1.5 so I think i screwed myself on my single bet. West Ham's lineup was too easy not to pounce on just to be disappointed by Arsenal's defense :smh:
Also got a 2 team parlay with Arsenal and Roma ML too. United screwed my parlays up BAD.

Yet he bangs on about how WHU has so much potential, which I think they do. But he's not the one to bring it out, clearly not

Edit: Welp, they just scored
I might be a bit bias towards Pellegrini but he was able to bring in quality guys from different leagues. Just wished he had more time to get them to click but they started their season last year horribly.

Moyes fielded their best 11 for a 2nd round Carabao cup match and benched them against Arsenal. He is still clueless. He also was unable to bring any major signings over the break to the club too. They need another CB or two BAD. He's starting Masuaku and Aaron Cresswell...2 LBs for crying out loud :rofl:

Guh finally done. Phew! Ugly win, but a win nonetheless. How long has it been since Arsenal started the season with 6 points??

The silver lining of Palace result is the pressure it puts on Woody to get busy in the transfer window. Not sure if he's dithering because of the later October 5 deadline. Stop dragging on the Sancho saga. Is he coming to Old Trafford or not? A decisive position on Jadon will allow the other transfer dominos to fall. He's really a want more than a need anyway. As MU supporters have touched on in here, LB and a better midfielder to pair with Pogba feels more pressing. Even a CB improvement if you can upgrade Vic eventually.

Chelsea bought the whole world with Hazard $. Gunners added Gabriel, Willian on a free and get Saliba back from loan. You get the feeling City isn't done, but they were early securing Torres and Ake. Spurs got Reguilon, Bale on loan, Doherty, Hojbjerg. Even a quiet window for LFC landed Thiago and Jota. You can't sit on your hands while the rest of the top table shuffles above.

Spurs got Reguilon, Bale on loan, Doherty, Hojbjerg.
Not sure how I feel about those two. Hojbjerg certainly didn't make a good first impression, he was awful across the board and narrowly escaped a red card for his tackle on Richarlison.

As for Bale, even with Real's help we're still paying a ridiculous amount for a player prone to injuries.
I don't really watch La Liga but from what I hear, Bale's performances in the last year or so haven't exactly impressed when he actually plays. Last season he only managed 2 goals and 2 assists in 16 appearances. 8 goals and 3 assists in 29 matches in the season before that.
I can only hope those performances are due to his attitude instead of the result of a real steep decline.

I hope Bale will give it his best and make us proud once again
b00fc6f2fb00618e5c1d7100d9cf242c.jpg

I’m not surprised James has found new life under Don Carlo

however I’d be shocked if Bale does @ WHL. Unfortunately if/whenever he starts finding his stride he tends to get injured. I hope he balls out though and rediscovers his passion for the game.

I’m not surprised James has found new life under Don Carlo

however I’d be shocked if Bale does @ WHL. Unfortunately if/whenever he starts finding his stride he tends to get injured. I hope he balls out though and rediscovers his passion for the game.
Since you're a Madrid supporter, what's your view on his performances in the past 2 seasons or so? Also, do you assess his decline is largely due to his attitude and bad relationship with the club or more of a legitimate decline?

Since you're a Madrid supporter, what's your view on his performances in the past 2 seasons or so?

I think you guys are doing us a favor. Gareth was a waste of space last season when he got chances. People want to blame Zizou but he didn’t do anything under Lopetegui or Solari either. If he can find his stride physically then he‘ll be able to contribute. But when you’re than injury prone it must deflate your motivation to really work to get better. Especially when you’ve already achieved everything at the club level.

I feel like this was more of a marketing move and a sweetener to secure Reguilon (who is a a dynamic 2-way fullback.) That said I hope your gamble pays off for Gareth’s sake, as a fan of the game who appreciates his penchant for the incredible, and also since he’s still our player so it’s an audition for potentially more favorable loan terms next time around.

Zaha really got himself sentenced to footy purgatory over the thrill of smashing his manager's daughter

And still, with the weight of such a sh*tty decision on his shoulders, came back to Old Trafford and bagged two goals.

Willpower.

So... that went pretty bad today

felt like OGS was making a point to the board with his lineup selection though. That whole right flank was terrible.. didn’t even realize pogba was playing till like the 60th min. Outside of AWB, in curious if we have anyone that can actually defend. Oh and mcsauce is no Matic replacement. Never wanna see him play there again.

So... that went pretty bad today

felt like OGS was making a point to the board with his lineup selection though. That whole right flank was terrible.. didn’t even realize pogba was playing till like the 60th min. Outside of AWB, in curious if we have anyone that can actually defend. Oh and mcsauce is no Matic replacement. Never wanna see him play there again.

It could have been OGS making a point to the board, but I honestly don't think the board cares lol. They've seen how we've been in shambles for so long and they barely do anything about it. Even the Bruno xfer was done after what felt like an agonizingly long time and after insane amount of nagging from the fans. And no, besides AWB we are rubbish at defending and have no one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom