⚽️The Footy Thread: German Super Cup, International Champions Cup, Copa Libertadores

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quick question...

What exactly do ya'll dislike about TNT's choice in analysts?

Is it because they aren't European?

I never knew Chris Smalling sounded like a girl. But the United players sound optimistic, they sound confident.

I don’t know if that’s a good or bad going into Camp Nou.

Martial needs to start at the Camp Nou. He’s the only clinical finisher United have.

Good Old Trafford Barca win
A 1-0 should keep them hungry enough to take care of business at home.
This second leg will be more Lyon 2019 than Roma 2018.

man united 0 shots on target
pique and lenglet defensive masterclass

Last edited:
VvnMaEHrc_1200x0__1.jpg

Thought we played well, just lacked final ball or shot. Felt our midfield handled themselves in a game where I expect them to get played off the pitch.

Young really loves the club but dude went from outplaying Di Maria to being a weak point all teams look to exploit. He gets so much time on the ball because the opposition knows he won't do anything with it.

I got the score slightly wrong, but we go again on Tues (my b-day btw)

Honestly, Ole/United didn't look too far off the pace today. Don't know if that's a credit to him or Valverde incompetence but deff walking away with more positives than negative. Feel like we are a couple of players away from knocking on the door in Europe. Need to follow this up with a win at the weekend. Take out our frustrations on West Ham.

Honestly, Ole/United didn't look too far off the pace today. Don't know if that's a credit to him or Valverde incompetence but deff walking away with more positives than negative. .
its a bit of both. yall played great. especially fred and mctominay. really impressed by them 2
valverde went with basically the exact same squad in the match against atletico. that was basically a final and it showed today.
yall looked so fast and barca looked so slow.

squad could've really used malcom's speed on the wing.
i'd be surprised if dembele didn't make an appearance for the return leg.
his speed is crucial.

its a bit of both. yall played great. especially fred and mctominay. really impressed by them 2
valverde went with basically the exact same squad in the match against atletico. that was basically a final and it showed today.
yall looked so fast and barca looked so slow.

squad could've really used malcom's speed on the wing.
i'd be surprised if dembele didn't make an appearance for the return leg.
his speed is crucial.

Dracula doing Dracula things, I was hoping Malcom would come in too and create some havoc

The upset is happening Tuesday, lads. 1-0 is a perfectly fine result for OGS headed to Camp Nou. Resolute defending from MU throughout the first leg, Suarez’s goal obviously notwithstanding. Coutinho was a tad unlucky to not add a second for Barca. DDG made a nice save on Phil end of the first half. United had opportunities to score but were unclinical at crucial moments. MU will emerge victorious, 2-1 in the return fixture.

I’ve got City winning 2-0 at Etihad. Imagine if Ajax scores the first goal in Turin...

1-1 isn't bad away for Juve. Was decently impressed with Man U as well today since that was the game i got to watch. I expected Barca to have 80% of possession and messi to be picking passes at will. But they held their own. I think at the Camp Nou if they play Dembele or Malcom and actually open the game up a bit that they will go through. But United have more then a fighting chance.

I love how open the champions league is this year. Games seem so compelling.

Funny to see so many fellow United fans optimistic, just don’t feel the same way right now.

- aside from a couple great passes, Pogba was a ghost today.
- Lukaku had a couple nice passes, was in position for some balls just never got the right service.
- if that was that last game Ashley young plays, it will be far too late
- Rash was buns, doesn’t deserve to get the tick that’s he’s getting right now, want to see Tone or Jesse start in his place next leg.

I just think this team is most likely looking at Getting bounced and being outside the top 4 in the next few weeks.

If that’s the case, I think you let Pogs go to Madrid (make them break the bank) and just go as young as possible. Bruno, Sancho, etc. Build the right way, no quick fixes.

Funny to see so many fellow United fans optimistic, just don’t feel the same way right now.

- aside from a couple great passes, Pogba was a ghost today.
- Lukaku had a couple nice passes, was in position for some balls just never got the right service.
- if that was that last game Ashley young plays, it will be far too late
- Rash was buns, doesn’t deserve to get the tick that’s he’s getting right now, want to see Tone or Jesse start in his place next leg.

I just think this team is most likely looking at Getting bounced and being outside the top 4 in the next few weeks.

If that’s the case, I think you let Pogs go to Madrid (make them break the bank) and just go as young as possible. Bruno, Sancho, etc. Build the right way, no quick fixes.

-Pogba was fine today, very measured, mature performance. Drew some fouls in very dangerous positions as well. Not sure how he was a ghost.
-Lukaku is the most static striker to ever start for United. When we signed him I said don’t expect much from him in big matches like this. A for effort though. Hold up play has gotten better each season.
- Agree.
-Rash snatches at a lot of chances and is very selfish in the final third. Saying that I’m shooting him some bail as he isn’t fully fit. Still incredibly frustrating to watch.

Your prolly right, think I’m being hard on Pogs but I just always expect him to step up and carry us in these moments which just isn’t fair. Thought Fred outplayed him today and maybe that’s where my initial reaction stemmed from.

Think he’s also been clearly gassed over the past month or so , he desperately needs a break imo.

I just think all the good will of OGs takeover is going to go down the drain if we get bounced next week and finish out the top 4, have to be realistic about this clubs situation.

Fred and McTominay both had great games.

On the bright side, the recent struggles highlights that it wasn’t just a manager thing. This squad needs heavy investment. Still hopeful of a top 4 finish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom