⚽️The Footy Thread: German Super Cup, International Champions Cup, Copa Libertadores

Status
Not open for further replies.
Delph was always the odd man out so no questions there. Of course Aguero making that pen it would change the game making Spurs chase it but we didn't utilize the 4231 at all. Why didnt Delph and Walker continuously bombard forward knowing we have 2 holding midfielders to cover them? Most of the time I saw Mahrez get hounded by 2 spurs on the right or he was making crosses with his weaker right foot. No overlaps by the fullbacks allowing Sterling/Mahrez to cut in and attack more.

We haven't failed to score against the Spurs since 2016. Poch got the better of Pep. Look how he utilized Son on both flanks and centrally like what we do with Sterling at times. When he changes up the tactics and squad when it doesnt work, I have to question his choice. Why not go with the safer option? Like someone said how knocked up was Sane and KDB? It was unfortunate we didnt have Bernardo to play on the right.

On to the 2nd leg, I'm a bit worried but we can still come out of this.

But that’s my point his tactics for the most part worked he set us up to play more cautious more defensive which some have critiqued him for not doing in these types of fixtures in the past and now he’s doing that playing it safer in these kind of fixtures and people are still saying why didn’t we play more adventurous when on the whole that’s not the case. The fullbacks didn’t bomb forward cause he wanted us to play more defenively and respect spurs attack wisely imo cause spurs do have a dangerous attack and we did have a weakness in our backline on the left flank so I think it was wise not to commit the fullbacks forward and risk the left flank being more abused than it already was. And for the most part I would say the defensive game plan worked, holdings mids helped us control the ball Gundam wing played very well and because the fullbacks weren’t overly commits forward we went left open for really dangerous counters. We made it tough for spurs going forward and they scored from a moment of brilliance from son and delph losing his head for a few seconds. That’s a player error not a tactical error. KDB is still not match fully match fit from what I can tell there are still trying to manage his minutes carefully. Mahrez for Sane I don’t agree with and the way he used subs today. But the actual on the pitch tactics I think he got right the players just let him down in two moments I can’t blame him for that.

Salah’s been having an attitude lately on and off the pitch. That tackle on Danilo was ridiculous.

Not saying it's gonna happen, but damn if City go out two consecutive seasons cause of an English team lol.

This surprise anybody? Because this doesn’t surprise me at all. Ronaldo is a Máquina.

Someone said “If this was Gareth Bale he’d be out 4 months, minimum” :lol:

Juve Ajax is going to be the best tie imo
I took off work tomorrow and watching Barca then running back the dvr of the Ajax game

Does anyone know if tnt spoils the score of the other match?

dembele byke :smokin
also, *** *** griez is staying in madrid this summer.
the squad emphatically said no to griezman joining. which basically means messi said no.

Mehhhh, unnecessary revamp. I don’t like the gaps in the shield and the two different shades of blue. But I guess it could have been worse. Can’t lie, if I was Brazilian I’d be pissed, like I was when Barça almost changed their logo.

upload_2019-4-10_6-25-22.jpeg

upload_2019-4-10_6-26-5.jpeg

Anybody ever seen this? This kit got REJECTED by the Barça board. I know Barça can’t wear White (they shouldn’t even have White font on their home jerseys like they’ve had for the last 5 years), but this jersey would have been dope cause of the cross on their logo.

upload_2019-4-10_6-34-16.jpeg

upload_2019-4-10_6-33-3.jpeg

Up early to watch the games later. Committed.

But that’s my point his tactics for the most part worked he set us up to play more cautious more defensive which some have critiqued him for not doing in these types of fixtures in the past and now he’s doing that playing it safer in these kind of fixtures and people are still saying why didn’t we play more adventurous when on the whole that’s not the case. The fullbacks didn’t bomb forward cause he wanted us to play more defenively and respect spurs attack wisely imo cause spurs do have a dangerous attack and we did have a weakness in our backline on the left flank so I think it was wise not to commit the fullbacks forward and risk the left flank being more abused than it already was. And for the most part I would say the defensive game plan worked, holdings mids helped us control the ball Gundam wing played very well and because the fullbacks weren’t overly commits forward we went left open for really dangerous counters. We made it tough for spurs going forward and they scored from a moment of brilliance from son and delph losing his head for a few seconds. That’s a player error not a tactical error. KDB is still not match fully match fit from what I can tell there are still trying to manage his minutes carefully. Mahrez for Sane I don’t agree with and the way he used subs today. But the actual on the pitch tactics I think he got right the players just let him down in two moments I can’t blame him for that.

Great points all around. And hindsight is 20-20 but even watching the game it was strange to see City not go for the game. I think it was clear early that City were the superior side i think at that point you go for it. I can't really criticize personnel choices since i don't know who was healthy for a full 90 and who wasn't. And that could have greatly dictated the style of play. But we do know Sane and KDB were healthier then 8 mins :lol:

I do agree though that with Son and Moura and playing a counter attack next game it is scarier then Kane. Moura's flat out speed is concerning. Could see a Delph or Fernandinho red card coming.

Rooting for Juve today. Would be another notch in Ronaldo's belt to beat the team that knocked out his old team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom