⚽️The Footy Thread: German Super Cup, International Champions Cup, Copa Libertadores

Status
Not open for further replies.
So damn accurate
53366357_2164887807175418_3507145500812182491_n.jpg

Madrid and specifically flo shot themselves in the foot. I don’t see mbappe leaving without first bringing a CL to Paris. Why Madrid didn’t go all out for him in the first place makes no sense, just to turn around the next year and let cr7 walk with no direct replacement. Now youre gonna have to pay way more than you would have that summer.

I don’t doubt Madrid’s ability to sign anyone but we are in a different era. Players are having both commercial and on the field success at more clubs and imo the two Spanish giants might not be as appealing as they once were. Does Madrid still have the allure to this younger generation? I don’t know.. seems a lot wanna strike out and create their own history at a club which is awesome to see. And then again we see some clubs are just a part of a players dna like frenkie and Barca.

First paragraph is correct. Madrid have this strict hierarchy where they don’t want to overpay young players because they believe seniority should factor into pay. They don’t want to disrupt a locker room with a young relatively unproven teenager raking in more money than vets. It also typically works from a financial perspective because when players buy in to this concept you can pay them less when they’re young. Unfortunately in this case it made no financial sense, and our vets would have learned to welcome this generation’s undisputed top talent. The other issue too though was that we couldn’t guarantee a teen a starting spot. Should have just shipped Bale in favor of him though.

Second post I wholeheartedly disagree with. Yes maybe when we **** around on our FIFA manager modes we think it’s cool to take a team to the promise land. But in real life playing for Madrid or Barca is closer to a student wanting the prestige of attending a Harvard or Yale. Just look at Courtois and Hazard both willing to run down their contracts at a top club in a top league in London to make their dream come true.

I expect Atleti to go thru but if somehow Juve pull off the impossible today, they’ll be so confident going forward that I think they’ll win the CL.

This is one of those perfect times to place a bet on Juve winning the CL, their odds will never be this low for rest of the tournament.

I was referring to the next generation... kids who saw Madrid go 12 years without a European title and constantly getting worked by Barca

I was referring to the next generation... kids who saw Madrid go 12 years without a European title and constantly getting worked by Barca

Mbappe has already trained with Real as a teen, nearly signed to them, and his Ronaldo room had 90% of the pics of him in a Real kit. We already locked up 2 talents in Vinicius and Rodyrgo. Any younger than that (born 2002 and later) and as kids they watched a CR7-led Real rack up CLs. And as professionals they know this is where you come for European glory and favoritism for BdO consideration.

I think it was more telling that he had Ronaldo posters than Real Madrid. Think he idolized the player not the club. But what do I know

Just ordered nachos but they aren't delivery, have to miss the first 15 minutes smh. Just gonna cop a bottle and pray morata does God's work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom