⚽️The Footy Thread: German Super Cup, International Champions Cup, Copa Libertadores

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quick CL take.....

This CL year is so weird and so WIDE open....

One minute I think Barca are winning, then they have these random spurts of piss poor play and bad results... if Messi doesn’t ball out it’s like these dudes don’t come to play... Coutinho, Jesus...

Then I think Juve is winning one minute, but they lack midfielders and they’re becoming too Ronaldo dependent. Dybala needs to step up consistently. They’re also not the most “attacking” team, but they have an amazing Defense....

Then I think, “why not PSG?”. This could actually be the year....Even with Neymar injured. But then I think about the ghosts of PSG past. How many times have we thought they had a chance but they end up blowing it....

Liverpool - Nah, I think it’s all about the EPL for them this year.

City - GTF OH, I don’t trust those dudes in knockout tournaments, they get exposed.

RM - :lol:

In conclusion this could very well be the year that FC PORTO sneak in take the trophy like they did in 1987 and 2004... :pimp:

Quick CL take.....

This CL year is so weird and so WIDE open....

One minute I think Barca are winning, then they have these random spurts of piss poor play and bad results... if Messi doesn’t ball out it’s like these dudes don’t come to play... Coutinho, Jesus...

Then I think Juve is winning one minute, but they lack midfielders and they’re becoming too Ronaldo dependent. Dybala needs to step up consistently. They’re also not the most “attacking” team, but they have an amazing Defense....

Then I think, “why not PSG?”. This could actually be the year....Even with Neymar injured. But then I think about the ghosts of PSG past. How many times have we thought they had a chance but they end up blowing it....

Liverpool - Nah, I think it’s all about the EPL for them this year.

City - GTF OH, I don’t trust those dudes in knockout tournaments, they get exposed.

RM - :lol:

In conclusion this could very well be the year that FC PORTO sneak in take the trophy like they did in 1987 and 2004... :pimp:
u forgot to mention Spurs

3C4B97B7-F972-4781-8391-DFB76F4471D0.jpeg

Valverde showed today why he's not worth the damn extension. I'll fly to Camp Nou just to throw garlic at that bastard
I still don't understand how he subbed Dembele off yesterday. Although his play was somewhat erratic, he was the only one causing havoc for Lyon's back line. Hannibal should've been the one subbed off. Homey spent most of the game on the ground.

It's amazing to watch the count not do anything & sitting there hoping something happens. He hardly makes any adjustments. Midfield play was very meh... They kept possession & defended well, but there was zero creativity. It all relies on someone (Messi) to bail this team out.

I also don't understand the regression of Coutinho. He either looks meh or really poor.

Juve hasn't been great lately either, but Atletico's attack is trash, their chance creation is on par with regulation level teams, if their midfield was playing like it was a month ago, I could see them going through, Juve might just need to 2 goals total to advance.

Watch there be a ton of goals today...

Chelsea fans dealing with a talented midfielder being used improperly by a stubborn manager?

As a Man up fan, it couldn't be me. :lol:

Wednesday, February 20
12:00 pm ET - Sevilla vs. Lazio (Europa League), Univision Deportes Network, fuboTV, B/R Live
3:00 pm ET - Atletico Madrid vs. Juventus (Champions League), TNT, UniMas, Univision Deportes Network, fuboTV, Sling TV, PlayStation Vue
3:00 pm ET - PSG vs. Montpellier (Ligue 1), beIN SPORTS, beIN SPORTS en Español, fuboTV, Sling Latino, Sling World Sports
3:00 pm ET - Schalke vs. Man City (Champions League), Galavision, fuboTV, B/R Live

Thursday, February 21
12:55 pm ET - Arsenal vs. BATE (Europa League), Galavision, fuboTV, B/R Live
12:55 pm ET - Valencia vs. Celtic (Europa League), Univision Deportes Network, fuboTV, B/R Live
12:55 pm ET - Villarreal vs. Sporting CP (Europa League), UniMas, fuboTV, B/R Live
3:00 pm ET - Chelsea vs. Malmo (Europa League), UniMas, fuboTV, B/R Live
3:00 pm ET, Inter vs. Rapid Vienna (Europa League), Galavision, fuboTV, B/R Live
3:00 pm ET - Real Betis vs. Rennes (Europa League), Univision Deportes Network, fuboTV, B/R Live
7:30 pm ET - Libertad vs. Atletico Nacional (Copa Libertadores), beIN SPORTS, beIN SPORTS en Español, fuboTV, Sling Latino, Sling World Sports

Friday, February 22
1:00 pm ET - Dijon vs. St Etienne (Ligue 1), beIN SPORTS Connect, fuboTV, Sling Latino, Sling World Sports
2:00 pm ET - Sporting Braga vs. Belenenses (Primeira Liga), GolTV, GolTV en Español, fuboTV
2:30 pm ET - Milan vs. Empoli (Serie A), ESPN+
2:30 pm ET - Werder Bremen vs. Stuttgart (Bundesliga), FS2, Univision Deportes Network, fuboTV, Sling Blue, PlayStation Vue
2:45 pm ET - Cardiff vs. Wolves (Premier League), NBC Sports Gold
2:45 pm ET - West Ham vs. Fulham (Premier League), NBCSN, fuboTV, Sling Blue, PlayStation Vue
3:00 pm ET - Espanyol vs. Huesca (LaLiga), beIN SPORTS, beIN SPORTS en Español, fuboTV, Sling Latino, Sling World Sports
4:15 pm ET - Tondela vs. Porto (Primeira Liga), GolTV, GolTV en Español, fuboTV
10:00 pm ET - Veracruz vs. Cruz Azul (Liga MX), Univision Deportes Network, fuboTV

Juve hasn't been great lately either, but Atletico's attack is trash, their chance creation is on par with regulation level teams, if their midfield was playing like it was a month ago, I could see them going through, Juve might just need to 2 goals total to advance.

Watch there be a ton of goals today...
Juve 1-0 aggregate both legs.

But seriously tho, watch it be the goal fest we have been waiting for but of the two teams we least expect to score goals :lol:

Tbh, Juve has looked better. Scored multiple 3 goal matches in the last few weeks. They had a few weeks where it looked like they were burning out, especially the Lazio match and then their lost against Atalanta. They got into form right in time for this matchup.

Why is Europa League playing on a Wednesday? It happened last week too when Fenerbahçe played Zenit on Tuesday.

Since the game is at Atletico....

The game plan is more than obvious, Simeone is going to park the whole damn bus. He will not risk going forward and give Juve the opportunity to Counter Attack and get that away goal.

Here’s the thing about Juventus tho, they’re used to the “Park the Bus” tactics, almost every team in Serie A (besides Napoli and Atalanta) put 5 at the back and just sit...

Juve still manages to get goals. Lately they’ve been lethal from set pieces. Ronnie had one header in the first half of the season, Juve only had two set piece goals..

Since 2019, Ronnie has like 4 headers already, Juve has like 6 set piece goals.... perfect timing for them

So my prediction is Juve win today on 2-0. Someone take that bet.

Last edited:
I just hope there are goals today (well lets just say at least chances created). I can easily see Juv-Atli going 0-0 with a boring game. No attacking very little positive footy being played
City should be able to put some goals up though...and give some up :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom