⚽️The Footy Thread: German Super Cup, International Champions Cup, Copa Libertadores

Status
Not open for further replies.
Suarez so garbage today man
Can’t believe they couldn’t get one
Dominated the match and actually kept a clean sheet. Too many missed chances though.

Busquets had another master class. Controlled the match throughout.
Ter Stegen >

Bantz Lord T Bantz Lord T

Displeased we didn't score given our 1st half performance, but more pleased that we didn't concede since we were tiring out fairly quick in the 2nd. Away goals are EVERYTHING in this tournament.

Suarez so garbage today man
Can’t believe they couldn’t get one

Dominated the match and actually kept a clean sheet. Too many missed chances.

Ter Stegen >
I think you guys are paying for not rotating Suarez more, now he looks tired and you got 4 matches coming up where he must start

I could see why people have an issue with Kovac, sitting on 3 subs until the 80th is lame, I assume they're confident about winning at the Allianz

Bantz Lord T Bantz Lord T

Displeased we didn't score given our 1st half performance, but more pleased that we didn't concede since we were tiring out fairly quick in the 2nd. Away goals are EVERYTHING in this tournament.

Agreed. I am confident we will end up advancing, but first we have to focus on beating United at Old Trafford.

Javi Martinez was HUGE tonight. Definitely did not expect that from him but he was making huge stops for us constantly when Pool was in and around the box. Pool is 0-3 away from home in the CL this season so I can kinda see why we played the way we did. Still would've preferred a scoring draw if we weren't going to win. Gonna be fun to see both squads fully fit (hopefully) in 3 weeks time

For those who watched the Lyon-Barca match, how was Jason Denayer doing?

Bayern was defensively on point. Prior to this match, were Bayern considered the underdog? I love Coman and Gnabry on the wings, I think they're great attacking options and they both track back. I think a big issue with Bayern is the lack of back up option for Lewa, a lack of striker off the bench. Muller aint it. Great match, end to end stuff. Looking forward to the second leg.

Fabinho and Keita have really grown into the Pool side. They have adjusted a lot compared to the start of the season.

Bayern was defensively on point. Prior to this match, were Bayern considered the underdog? I love Coman and Gnabry on the wings, I think they're great attacking options and they both track back. I think a big issue with Bayern is the lack of back up option for Lewa, a lack of striker off the bench. Muller aint it. Great match, end to end stuff. Looking forward to the second leg

Yeah I think Pool was pretty comfortable favored to advance in this tie. After the draw I remember seeing us being underdogs. I love Coman and Gnabry as well, they made a lot of errors today with bad passes/decisions but they're both so young I think they'll be fine. We definitely need another striker, I think this summer we will be in the market for one heavy.

James was pretty ghost today in the attack, but he did a hell of a job helping out in the defense. He made quite a few key interceptions and was hounding pool in our half especially when they got into threatening positions after corners, etc. Glad to see him involved in that side when that's been Kovac's biggest knock on him.

Yeah I think Pool was pretty comfortable favored to advance in this tie. After the draw I remember seeing us being underdogs. I love Coman and Gnabry as well, they made a lot of errors today with bad passes/decisions but they're both so young I think they'll be fine. We definitely need another striker, I think this summer we will be in the market for one heavy.

James was pretty ghost today in the attack, but he did a hell of a job helping out in the defense. He made quite a few key interceptions and was hounding pool in our half especially when they got into threatening positions after corners, etc. Glad to see him involved in that side when that's been Kovac's biggest knock on him.

Gnabry caused some real chaos going forward, had some nice passes. I joke about Ribery being old and washed but he was a good option off the bench, maybe the only real one :lol: but he had a few nice touches and movements. Will be interesting to see who you go after. Lewa was a ghost at times today as well. Defensively, I was really impressed by Bayern. Quality work.

Lovren out here looking like Little Miss Riding Hood

For those of you who missed this:
Liverpool-Lovren-760725.jpg

Completely missed the games today, we had a cluster **** at work which distracted me. The return legs of these two games are going to be must watch TV, definitely gonna catch those.

Also really hoping Atleti show up vs Juventus tomorrow, they have been awful these past few weeks.

Good to see mastamind89 mastamind89 postin’ footy thoughts. Hope you had a nice trip to Nawlins. The food pics were :emoji_fire:.

I thought Lyon would be tacttically better than they were but they were able to hold off Barca from scoring.

If Lyon scores a draw at Camp Nou, they go on to the quarter finals. Fekir will be available for that game to.

Good to see mastamind89 mastamind89 postin’ footy thoughts. Hope you had a nice trip to Nawlins. The food pics were :emoji_fire:.

I thought Lyon would be tacttically better than they were but they were able to hold off Barca from scoring.

If Lyon scores a draw at Camp Nou, they go on to the quarter finals. Fekir will be available for that game to.

Thanks man. I had a great time in Nawlins, can't wait to go back. I hit a couple of bars to watch some footy, real cool.

Lyon will have a lot of work to do at Camp Nou, it's a different animal. Will be interesting to see what tactics they use.

I wouldn't mind seeing Fekir at Bayern

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom