⚽️The Footy Thread: German Super Cup, International Champions Cup, Copa Libertadores

Status
Not open for further replies.
AF22C67C-BE80-440A-83CF-1287EED4AF4A.jpeg

CFC17A9C-E818-4653-8007-649E36189DDF.png

And Aguero was offside tbf. Does it bring up the discussion of was the offside rule really made for these marginal incidents when it was made to stop dudes from camping in front of goal? sure maybe it brings up that old convo that people used to go back and forth about "benefit to the attacker" in these marginal incidents but they aren't changing the offside rule anytime soon so it doesn't matter. Whole body, yards off or even a body part offside are still offside all judged the same as things stand.

Feel my brother on a spirtual level right now. Lost my voice celebrating took my shirt off in the crib a ***** was lit. Then I saw VAR and offside and wanted to dig myself a grave

It’s a terrible way to go out, the cruelest thing I’ve ever seen in a football match. From extreme high to extreme low in a matter of seconds.

MEAN

upload_2019-4-17_21-3-43.gif

The other thing that kills me is Eriksen played the pass. I thought if an opponent deliberately plays the ball and it gets deflected to a player offside it doesnt count as offsides? Reminds me so much of the call on Sane last year against Liverpool.
Quoting for emphasis cause I would like an explaination also.
Are they counting the deflection as a pass to Aguero?

Quoting for emphasis cause I would like an explaination also.
Are they counting the deflection as a pass to Aguero?

So when I'm playing fifa, if something like that happens it always gets called offside even though the other team played a back pass to another defender. If my guy touches it at all and it bounces to my teammate who's offside it gets called every time :lol:

So when I'm playing fifa, if something like that happens it always gets called offside even though the other team played a back pass to another defender. If my guy touches it at all and it bounces to my teammate who's offside it gets called every time :lol:
I just looked it up. I guess since Silva touched it that made Aguero offside. So deflections do count.... oh well.

Okay I’m ready to make predictions.... I’ve gotten my semi final predictions correct since 2013. Not bragging but I’ve been on a roll.

Ajax will beat Spurs...

And Barcelona will beat Liverpool in penalties.

Barcelona vs Ajax in the final, it will also go into penalties. If Messi misses his penalty Barça lose, if he makes it Barça win....

What I’d like to see to happen: I’d like to the see Spurs winning the CL because the whole WORLD would flip on its axis, and Arsenal FanTV hate would be explode :lol: (making great entertainment)

I'm gonna need spurs to pull this off so we can have our first Korean CL champion (that actually plays in the final). Still crazy that Ji Sung Park was left out of the squad for the final even though he started both legs of the semis

That's hand ball, but with the angle they were showing on tv it makes sense why it ref didn't overturn it

It was obvious that he touched with his arm on all angles. You can clearly see the skin on his arm jiggle due to the impact with the ball on the "less obvious" angles. City got shafted. Hard. Got their own goal overturned by VAR, but didn't get their opponents goal overturned that should've been overturned by VAR.

Spurs really have more CL 'heritage' than Citeh...

Sheesh,dude has really emerged as their best player not named VVD

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom