⚖ Your Honor ⚖ on Showtime S2 Premieres 1/15 9pm

I didn’t mess with the first episode because all the black people seemed to be obstacles. I didn’t know which way the show was going to go; taking a conscious look at white privileged in this situation, or just a bunch of oblivious white writers playing it out ignorant to the other side of it.

After the second episode, I like the angle they’re taking. I like juxtaposing the black kid going through the system with the white kid just basically going about his business. I’m going to wait it out and see how they play this whole thing out. It can still be bad with bad depiction of black people, but I think they’re leaning into white privilege and black folks taking the fall. Really don’t know how to read this show right now.

We’ll see.

I didn't think this first ep was bad in depicting black ppl when they came for the white kid in the hood. Off rip with the kid leaving a pic of his mom and flowers at a specific spot I said he obviously has some history or connection with the area and possibly the ppl.

I got more in to the focus on the bogus drug charges on the black mother by that lying corrupt pig and the judge figuring it out as far as a look at black ppl on the show.

Last edited:
These writers can’t be this ignorant considering everything going on in the world. It was literally so sad seeing how scared the kid was when the cop asked him about the phone. He has no idea what’s going on. The judge was so stupid to report the car stolen so quick.

In real life this wouldn’t have happened. All they had to do was match the 911 call/death of Rocco and when the car was reportedly stolen. It was a day difference.

These writers can’t be this ignorant considering everything going on in the world. It was literally so sad seeing how scared the kid was when the cop asked him about the phone. He has no idea what’s going on. The judge was so stupid to report the car stolen so quick.

In real life this wouldn’t have happened. All they had to do was match the 911 call/death of Rocco and when the car was reportedly stolen. It was a day difference.
I hated that whole scene. Walter white was legit gonna report the car stolen while it's sitting in his drive way? Bruh get the foh. Made no sense. Do you want the car gone or no? Kid was literally in it 20 minutes.

And how come that bum *** police station couldn't ping the phone and pull up coordinates? When I was in 5th grade I called the police at 3am to see what would happen....they answered...I hung up....they called back 5 seconds later and woke up my mom and asked if she was okay. Cell phones all connected to the grid. Scene was cap.

I don't like how they're treating black people in real life or the portrayal in this show. Too close to home. I hurt for that young man. And when they drove him to the warehouse...I was getting hella Emmit Till vibes. Was sick af.

Last edited:
^so are they on the mobs payroll?
Absolutely.

Not braxton though. His loyalty was bought with a Miggy autographed baseball.

But other dude came and immediately got involved. Mob cops. Sopranos in New Orleans. Idk man. Seems sus.

But then man's from the wire was involved too since he set up the theft. But I guess he's gang affiliated. So he's got the gang link. And the other cop has mafia ties.

Corrupt is strong in the wards.

The judge was so stupid to report the car stolen so quick.
I hated that whole scene. Walter white was legit gonna report the car stolen while it's sitting in his drive way? Bruh get the foh. Made no sense. Do you want the car gone or no? Kid was literally in it 20 minutes.
If you remember the Judge was calling for that detective when he was going to turn his son in. Detective followed up and Judge panicked and mentioned that the car was stolen. Still dumb but I can see how he got caught off guard.

I'm gonna wait to see how the shows ends. I'm thinking, or at least hoping, that the plan here is to show the shady system and white privilege. Otherwise yea this ain't a good look. I was watching with my girl and she was a nervous wreck watching all the scenes with Kofi.

The judge had no choice but to tell the cop his car was stolen given his late night call the day before. So he stuck with his planned lie he set up with getting his friend to get the car to disappear.

He expected the car to be gone but didn't account for an eager detective immediately reporting the car stolen but more importantly the piece of the motorcycle is what screwed everything up.

The hit and run literally happened yesterday on the show. The judge told the cop it was stolen yesterday to remain consistent.

The problem is the kid never said he stole the car today. Too late now that he's pled guilty.

As far as the feels and writing they doing their job. This became quickly emotionally charged. It was still looking bright when Braxton gave the kid his sandwich.

The judge had no choice but to tell the cop his car was stolen given his late night call the day before. So he stuck with his planned lie he set up with getting his friend to get the car to disappear.

He expected the car to be gone but didn't account for an eager detective immediately reporting the car stolen but more importantly the piece of the motorcycle is what screwed everything up.

The hit and run literally happened yesterday on the show. The judge told the cop it was stolen yesterday to remain consistent.

The problem is the kid never said he stole the car today. Too late now that he's pled guilty.

As far as the feels and writing they doing their job. This became quickly emotionally charged. It was still looking bright when Braxton gave the kid his sandwich.

I missed when the judge said the car was actually stolen. As in the day. But his neighbor saw him cleaning it late night and saw the kid walking mid day to go get it.

I missed when the judge said the car was actually stolen. As in the day. But his neighbor saw him cleaning it late night and saw the kid walking mid day to go get it.
Yeah I feel that's gonna be a key part. Neighbor not only saw the son in the car drive off and come back that day she also saw Kofi on the block next day. She looks right at him before he puts his hoodie on.

At this point the clock is on to see how things progress before Kofi gets killed in lock up and these discrepancies get cleared up.

Last edited:
Episode had me in my feelings:smh:

Curious to see how many lives are gonna be ruined because of Adams mistake while he gets to walk around free.

Need to do a rewatch of the second episode, I must’ve missed something as to why “Clay Davis” is letting Kofi take the charge for the hit and run when he orchestrated the car to be disposed of.

Last edited:
Then the 'Emasculation of the Black Man' in the court room when the judge made him take his shirt off in front of everyone to 'check for gang tats'.
That judge was wylin. That's how these racists get down though.

Episode had me in my feelings:smh:

Curious to see how many lives are gonna be ruined because of Adams mistake while he gets to walk around free.

Need to do a rewatch of the second episode, I must’ve missed something as to why “Clay Davis” is letting Kofi take the charge for the hit and run when he orchestrated the car to be disposed of.

It’s just like in the Wire when they had the young hoppers doing the grunt work to protect those higher up in the food chain.

If Kofi doesn’t eat the charge then they’ll investigate more. And then Clay Davis will end up being implicated. I’m surprised none of these people have burner phones.

Watching Dateline has shown me how easy cops bungle investigations that just seem straightforward. Common sense would say they wouod’ve pulled the dead kid’s phone records and easily placed his phone at that gas station but things fall through the crack

That young tenderoni was a teacher? I thought that was a classmate

I know this is a TV show but I want to beat this white kid up so much! Just enjoy your privilege dummy.

Trying to make an art project out of getting away with murder :smh:

Back
Top Bottom