∞True Detective Season 1 Thread ***CLOSED***∞

does anyone think they are question Matthew like he is a suspect and Woody like he might be able to put him away?

I didn't say they should put it on Netflix. I said they should treat their originals like Netflix does. on 2/14 the entire season of House of Cards will be available on Netflix.

Umm why? If that's the case every network should completely kill the suspense and most of he weekly discussions involving their shows by having every show from a season available immediately.

HBO's been king of TV forever, they don't need to switch anything up.

does anyone think they are question Matthew like he is a suspect and Woody like he might be able to put him away?

This is what I thought but I think Woody is conflicted. Last episode he seem to have Matthew's back.

The first episode was pretty slow and boring but it's picking up tho.

I didn't say they should put it on Netflix. I said they should treat their originals like Netflix does. on 2/14 the entire season of House of Cards will be available on Netflix.

Netflix doesn't depend on advertising dollars.

I like the format of one per week.

Umm why? If that's the case every network should completely kill the suspense and most of he weekly discussions involving their shows by having every show from a season available immediately.

HBO's been king of TV forever, they don't need to switch anything up.

sorry champ, this isn't the 1950's. More and more people watch shows on their time. more over, HBO is a paid sub so they don't rely on ratings as much as broadcast nets works (ABC, CBS, etc) and regular cable (AMC, USA). They order shows a full clip at a time (probably all filmed and edited) unlike the other guys (order 13 episodes, then the last 9 if it does well). HBO will also never cancel a program either, they'd simply not renew. So being that people are already paying for HBO, they aren't losing much by putting the whole season out at once.

sorry champ, this isn't the 1950's. More and more people watch shows on their time. more over, HBO is a paid sub so they don't rely on ratings as much as broadcast nets works (ABC, CBS, etc) and regular cable (AMC, USA). They order shows a full clip at a time (probably all filmed and edited) unlike the other guys (order 13 episodes, then the last 9 if it does well). HBO will also never cancel a program either, they'd simply not renew. So being that people are already paying for HBO, they aren't losing much by putting the whole season out at once.

HBO has HBO GO. If you miss an episode just go watch it there. If you want to binge watch, just wait till the season ends and go watch em all on-demand. If they put all the episodes up initially do you think this thread would be 13 pages? I'm sure the producers or who ever is in charge want to build suspense and have folks talking.

HBO has HBO GO. If you miss an episode just go watch it there. If you want to binge watch, just wait till the season ends and go watch em all on-demand. If they put all the episodes up initially do you think this thread would be 13 pages? I'm sure the producers or who ever is in charge want to build suspense and have folks talking.

yes i am sure they want to have a thread on NT that is 10+ pages. Guess what, if you put the whole season up people would still talk. IT IS A PAID SUB.

tumblr_n097m8dvPk1rsrmm2o1_500.jpg

I do think it is interesting how the black detectives are questioning Hart 5 days after Cohle and all of their questions are about Cohle, and all the questions to Cohle are about the case. I think they do put away the wrong man, but I do not think that Cohle did it. I do think that they have a gut feeling or moreso Cohle has a gut feeling of who is actually the murderer, but ran out of time, and had to charge someone.

I can not wait to this Sunday!

pretty sure it was from when they went to the carnival/church.

I thought it was when they went to visit that local police department regarding the disappearance of the little girl and that was the composite sketch the sherriff gave them of the man with green ears who was chasing children in the woods

Where in the show is that pic of the dudes with black hoods and the little girl from?! That **** is creepy as hell

Where in the show is that pic of the dudes with black hoods and the little girl from?! That **** is creepy as hell

Its in the first episode when they go to the mothers house of the og chick that was murdered

Last edited:

Its in the first episode when they go to the mothers house of the og chick that was murdered

I missed that completely :lol:
:lol: They focused in on that pretty hard. Rust or Martin was staring at that pic pretty hard the whole time the mom was talking. It was like at first it was routine police work but then when they started noticing the stuff openly displayed in the house things got creepy and tense.

this show really forces you to pay attention and if you don't you miss key details; I am gonna have to watch episode 3 again

Looking forward to tomorrow. And curious to see the cause of Hart's divorced. I'm convinced Rust had some sort of involvement.
sgZAjY5.png

Back
Top Bottom