♔ ~~~~| Celebrites Rockin Heat (fly gear/Fly kicks) VOL. 3 | ~~~~ ♔

Status
Not open for further replies.

Son on the right is looking like a potential ASAP weed carrier.

j, lo is still :smokin

would not wear them $700 dita shades tho while playing football but she's ballin tho

harold hunter tho! :pimp:

j. lo's legs are mighty toned for how fat that mass is...

Last edited:
Corks are dope . . . Stalley will blow up in 2013, Ross knows how to give each member of his team equal shine . . . he let Wale shine in 2011, Meek shine this year, Wale and co. fell back for a minute . . . Stalley, Gunplay, Rockie, and Wale will shine in 2013. Say what you will about him, but Ross has done the hip hop crew thing the smartest and most successfully so far . . . No weed roller bums on his team.

just like he let PILL shine???

Corks are dope . . . Stalley will blow up in 2013, Ross knows how to give each member of his team equal shine . . . he let Wale shine in 2011, Meek shine this year, Wale and co. fell back for a minute . . . Stalley, Gunplay, Rockie, and Wale will shine in 2013. Say what you will about him, but Ross has done the hip hop crew thing the smartest and most successfully so far . . . No weed roller bums on his team.
Just like Masspike Miles???

I somehow spaced on Wu Tang because they splintered off in so many different directions.
And they never really functioned as a label, but moreso a crew. I know we were talking crew, but in my head I was thinking crew/label, which is what MMG is, G Unit was etc.
So much so that I was gonna throw Duck Down/BCC in the convo.
And we need to mention RocAFella.
But can't disagree with any of that about the Wu. Definitely one of the illest crews to ever do it
Although I'ma throw Juice Crew at you on some old man **** Bip.

Yeah, it's an interesting question because when you think about it, there are fewer good nominees that you would initially guess there are. To me, BCC can't get the nod because they never even got the attention they deserved, even in their heyday. They are one of the best rap crews, no question, but in terms of everybody blowing up, every single part of that unit underachieved attention and sales to skills ratio-wise.

I'm also docking Roc because the Foundation never got off. I know that Jay was trying to do his own thing, and the fact that Sauce and Jaz were already signed made things difficult on a logistical, business tip, but that was the real potential "Dynasty." Who else really got their stuff off through Roc besides Beans and Bleek? I guess you could count Cam'ron, but he's done fine before and after those days. Which brings me to another nomination...

I know none of them blew up sales-wise in this phase of their careers, but how about Children of the Corn?

Final nomination for crew where everybody got shine and respect in the game, even if they didn't sell a ton of records goes to DITC.

A few other questions about who qualifies here:

If we're talking "groups" then NWA has to be on the list, even though some of their best successes happened after the group broke up.
If we're talking record label crews, then the Dre, Snoop, Pac era Death Row run deserves a mention.
Would you consider the early days of Rawkus basically a label crew?

But, Wu and Juice are numbers 1 and 2.

harold hunter

RIP. That was one real mofo right there.

^ :lol: idk why that pic is funny to me but it is

Because clowns are supposed to make you laugh

Last edited:
Just like Masspike Miles???
http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/...ills-departure-from-mmg-wishes-rapper-success

Pill was signed to Warner before Ross got his MMG imprint, he was never actually signed to Maybach.

Can't really speak on Masspike Miles . . . maybe dude is a ghostwriter or something and likes to play the background, but I do agree that it was odd of Ross to sign Omarion before pushing Miles.

Either way, everyone who signed to Ross are in 10x better positions because of it . . . Maybe not Torch and Miles but I rarely see them rolling with Ross anyway . . . who knows what's going on there

And I say MMG is doing better than Roc, Wu, etc. because literally everybody at the forefront of MMG has a chance to have long, commercially successful, relevant careers . . . Roc had alot of dead weight towards the end of their run . . . and Wu . . . alot of those dudes don't/didn't seem to care about "commercial" success.

17b848de460711e2af0122000a1fbc9e_7.jpg

177319.jpg

9ad05a784a3e11e2862522000a1f9c96_7.jpg

Last edited:
And I say MMG is doing better than Roc, Wu, etc. because literally everybody at the forefront of MMG has a chance to have long, commercially successful, relevant careers . . . Roc had alot of dead weight towards the end of their run . . . and Wu . . . alot of those dudes don't/didn't seem to care about "commercial" success.​

You are out of your mind. Even when the Wu dudes didn't care about commercial success, they were massive.

They did tours that MMG is clearly incapable of. Same with RocAFella. Same with Ruff Rydas.

You young dudes are so funny. You think your favorite rappers are larger than life just because they tell you they are. And these dudes can barely sell an album or a ticket. You say MMG is doing better than Roc and Wu because you probably weren't even around to experience Roc and Wu at their height.

Sure, the MMG dudes have a CHANCE to "have long, commercially successful, relevant careers". But Ross is already less relevant than ever. Just put out his worst selling album. Meek did an album that by most accounts was terrible. Wale is struggling for fans. You got cats in here saying Stalley more famous for his sneakers than his music (you could even say the same for Wale).

And you want to compare them to legends. This whole "style over substance" era is terrible.

Last edited:
^^

Amen Phil! Homie with the Cosby avatar really must be 'Meek' to actually believe the nonsense he just typed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom