♔ ~~~~| Celebrites Rockin Heat (fly gear/Fly kicks) VOL. 3 | ~~~~ ♔

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those boots are nice.

Amber is
pimp.gif

I'm saying . . . those aren't something he had to go out of his way to obtain, they just came out Spring this year I believe, Nike probably threw em to him.​

Even still, what would make him a "hypebeast"? Dude's just an average guy with money who cops shoes.​

The terms "hypebeast" and "sneakerhead" are so ******g played out.​

Agreed.

He's just a dude. And, he basically just does him, which remarkably puts him ahead of a lot of celebs we see everyday. Now, granted, dude's a lame juicehead guido stereotype. But, that's who he is - and that's basically who he always is. ...You see hypebeasts with that kind of haircut? LOL. You can say whatever you want about this dude - and there's no shortage of material to clown (and I've never even seen an episode of the show), but he doesn't have an identity crisis.

And, to reiterate, hypebeast is a term with a specific meaning. Much of it has to do with switching styles and chasing different looks and brands as if you have no attention span whatsoever. 1 out of 100 times that word is used on this message board, it is used correctly.

Stalley's mixtape was nice. Only reason I knew to check him out is because of his shoes though. He makes pretty chill music. Kinda like Curren$y.

Stalley's mixtape was nice. Only reason I knew to check him out is because of his shoes though. He makes pretty chill music. Kinda like Curren$y.

truth, actually all of his tapes are dope. I still bump his latest one from time to time.

Corks are dope . . . Stalley will blow up in 2013, Ross knows how to give each member of his team equal shine . . . he let Wale shine in 2011, Meek shine this year, Wale and co. fell back for a minute . . . Stalley, Gunplay, Rockie, and Wale will shine in 2013. Say what you will about him, but Ross has done the hip hop crew thing the smartest and most successfully so far . . . No weed roller bums on his team.

I don't think any crew is touching G-Unit in their prime. Even their "weed rollers" went Gold and had big singles. And you didn't know who Banks, Yayo were before G Unit. or Game and Buck thereafter.

Funny that even though they "beef", you can see Ross jacking 50's whole business model. Sign rappers from different regions to build a crew (moreso the case when Pill was down).

Now he's even talking about getting into Boxing.

And he signs established rappers like G Unit did with MOP, Mobb Deep etc. at one point.

Ross is a great marketer no doubt. I think some perceptions of how he runs MMG are a bit off though.

People forget Wale was signed by Interscope, had a single with Lady Gage and RIPPED "No Hands" before he even got to MMG.

Meek was already signed to Grand Hustle and had a buzz off his mixtapes but I will definitely say MMG handled him right.

Signed Omarion who already has a name. Stalley had a buzz off Creative Control and his mixtapes.

Then there's Gunplay, Torch, Masspike Miles who have been down with MMG forever and haven't really gotten off. Where Stalley falls, time will reveal.

Last edited:
I don't think any crew is touching G-Unit in their prime. Even their "weed rollers" went Gold and had big singles. And you didn't know who Banks, Yayo were before G Unit. or Game and Buck thereafter.

How far are we going back?

Wu Tang is for the babies!

Seriously, things look differently nowadays because there's so much more media, and social media, etc. But, if you neutralize things - like when you make baseball stat adjustments to neutralize for homepark and era - no hip hop group ever had the entire scene in the chokehold like Wu Tang did.

And, you wanna talk about smart marketing tactics - how about RZA insisting the individual members sign with different labels, in order to force the entire hip hop recording industry to be invested in the group's success. Jay-Z may be the most successful rapper of all time. Rakim, Nas, KGR, or a few others may be the best ever. But, no single artist or group ever dominating the consciousness of the hip hop fanbase like Wu in their prime.

If not the Witty Unpredictable, it's gotta go to the Juice Crew. ...On a side note, Masta Ace is perhaps the most slept on great MC of all time. ...But, there are better places than here to have that convo.

Last edited:
I somehow spaced on Wu Tang because they splintered off in so many different directions.

And they never really functioned as a label, but moreso a crew. I know we were talking crew, but in my head I was thinking crew/label, which is what MMG is, G Unit was etc.

So much so that I was gonna throw Duck Down/BCC in the convo.

And we need to mention RocAFella.

But can't disagree with any of that about the Wu. Definitely one of the illest crews to ever do it

Although I'ma throw Juice Crew at you on some old man **** Bip.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom