♔ ~~~~| Celebrites Rockin Heat (fly gear/Fly kicks) VOL. 3 | ~~~~ ♔

Status
Not open for further replies.

:smh:
:rofl:

Im not saying he didnt...but wat foamposites did he wear that made people notice them.

I remember he kinda put da boots on cuz he had that song
And he always showed alotta love to the tim duncans

All the "New Sneakerheads"...the masses first introduction to Foams was in 09/10 with the eggplants then the coppers.

In Bmore/DC, dudes been rocking foams and Duncan's since its inception. That along with new balances and Nike boots. It's kind of a staple. Hence why Nike made the Foampostie Nike Boot. It's an ode to the area. When wale started popping again, he was rocking the new colors of foams...and flooding social media with them. IG started popping, and he kept showing off his kicks...and the new "Social Media Sneakerhead" culture was birthed.

An old Wale pic

Last edited:
i remember seeing him with the pine green foams first on 106 and Park with the moncler vest :smokin

Dej Loaf

Iamsu!

Slim Jimmy

Swae Lee

Theophilus London

Trinidad James

Last edited:
Originally Posted by dwoodactennis  

Wale

T.I.

Young Thug

Ye with the Marilyn Manson tee...
 Wale killin it with the lighting 17s

T.i. has been on some tame fits in the l;ast couple pics I seen for awhile I thought he lost it

Young Thug channeling a modern day rainbow Marvin Gaye 
nerd.gif

Only heat I seen in the Ye' pic was the Black Laser 4s 
smokin.gif

@@sckid20

Naw man. Wale def had a hand in it.

He had quite a hand in making them popular. Foams been getting re-released since what, '02? They were sitting on shelves in most places other than the DMV really. Even the Dr. Dooms sat on shelves. Walters in ATL didn't have the royals, black on black, pros or any type of foams when I moved there in '07-'08. That's one of the most renowned sneaker places in the south. The employees never heard of foams. The owner said Nike didn't ship Foams to Atl at that time. Nike pretty much only shipped Foams to Bmore/DC & NY. Dudes didn't get their money up...They were spending that same money on Jordans or Dunks.

Wale was the first glance for a lot of people outside of the sneaker culture to Foamposties...He wore them and the hype generated. NiceKicks, Twitter and the rise of IG all contributed to this.

Eventually the demand rose, and Nike started shipping Foams across the country. The bubble burst when all the crazy colors started coming out. Somewhere around the electric blue, yellow, metallic red and pink foams :smh:

wavycrocket wavycrocket , Agreed. Only one store in Florida use to get Foamposites (Shoe Gallery in Miami). I remember having to get my 2006 Royals off ebay. Took a picture I printed offline to Footlocker at Broward Mall, dudes had no idea, of what I showed them.

Even Flightposite I and IIs. Had to get my gold 2008 Flightposite Is off pickyourshoes. Missed the eggplant flightposite Is.

I also think those Foamposite Lite Kryptonates ignited some hype too -___- Add the intial release of the Penny 1/2 Cents. Wale use to KILL those. Shouted em' out on a few songs.

Last edited:
he put those wanna those cornball lace tips on the wallies

Ghostface is turning in his grave right now

smh

Kylie perpetrating her *** off. Huge pet peeve, go rock some yeezy boost, or get a Nike jumpsuit :rolleyes

Shadows though :nthat:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom