♔ ~~~~| Celebrites Rockin Heat (fly gear/Fly kicks) VOL. 3 | ~~~~ ♔

Status
Not open for further replies.
TitanG, Bmore is a basketball crazed city that doesn't have as many extracurricular things going on as DC. As far as not being able to draw good players, there are only a few destination places in the entire league that draw players (LA, NY, MIA, CHI). Other good franchises build through the draft (OKC, SA).

Sorry for the thread derailment.
I remember back in 01' all the youngins in b-more had braids with the headband and A.I. jerseys. Maybe melo might come back, he used to rep before becoming a knick.

I remember the rocawear era and the change clothes era jay-Z. Button-up, fitted caps and Air Force 1's....S.Carters not so much :lol:

Last edited:
Lol it's crazy how kanye has single handedly changed fashion in hip hop. Leather pants, leather shorts, leather tanks?? And air Jordan's for days. It's crazy, really it is.

Especially in hot @#$/ humid weather. Like why?? Probably sweaty as hell in their clothes all for the sake of looking like a dumb @#$/ Kanye. I don't see any people in real life dressing like that though, even in the Bay Area, one of the hypebeast capitals of the world. Wonder where the @#$% these idiots posting leather fits on Instagram live.

my only beef with em is da fact that most people who probably talked **** about those big champion logos on crew necks

did a 180 and copped that just cuz supreme did a collab, plus most of da time, champion's core fanbase gotta go thru hoops to

get **** they usually get
I remember last year around this time there was a champion discussion in some general thread and dudes were talkin **** about the 2 big c crewnecks I had smh. But the supreme collab is nice I grabbed the teal hoodie but I really want a parka for last season but I dont like paying for the supreme name. Wish champion would make some stuff like that just on their own

1zohx1e.jpg

Are you guys sure those are Retro's? They look like MElo P.E's that will never see the light of day on a footlocker shelf.

The 1.5 is being retro-ed in a few colourways. Apart from the 5.5 that had a short lived run when it dropped in '05 I have not seen anyone apart from 'Melo rock his signature outside of the courts.

The 1.5 was a flop when it dropped, it'll be interested to see if the JB sycophants will pay anything more than outlet back wall prices for these.

Yo BIP..chill.

I aint mad that the mans gay.
I apologize that 34 years of being straight has made me the kind of monster that would call a wall full of penis "AYO".
Hanging out with dolly Parton and wearing OG 1's is a win regardless of which way you swing. Not some kind of bro high 5. At no time did I assume they were together.

I agree about people questioning the masculinity involved with having a lot of shoes. Countless non hoopers found it feminine while I grew up.

Ease up on the drawn out oversensitivity.

Bruh nobody was even being homophobic, it was just that nobody noticed the details of the pic till Ninja pointed out.

And Sneaker collecting was never considered gay so I don't know where you coming with that.

Jig you - I know how to fix you
Pretty boy n--s fronting hard is the issue.

There was definitely a very strong contingent of "the streets" that felt that all that was pretty boy was straight corny, soft, and "gay." At some point, being "fly" eclipsed being "hard" as the fantasy youngins enamored with the rap life aspired to. Unless your reputation for getting money illegally preceded you, being dipped in general was considered suspect by a lot of heads - having 100 pairs of shoes was like the epitome of that. ...What do you need besides a pair of Forces and Construction Timbs?

I actually know a dude who had his home(s) raided and assets seized under RICO, and the cops concluded he was a closeted homosexual because among his "assets" was a humungous sneaker collection.

And, essentially any comment that referenced Haring's sexual orientation, or commented on the "AYO" art in the pic was bigoted. ...We can shelve the debate of whether it was actually "homophobic," because I'm interested in discussing semantics here. But suffice to say that anti-gay sentiment is given a safe haven on NT. Unless the intent is to educate somebody about something regarding Haring's life and legacy, there's no reason to even note his sexual orientation. Nobody posts, "Here is Jadakiss in a pair of Jordans, and he's straight." The need to identify somebody as "other" as part and parcel with their existence is bigotry unto itself.

I actually made the first comment - a dismissive "umm" - because dude commented about Haring and was giving him props for OG1 and Dolly Parton. I essentially SMH-ed because here was a public figure, who lived an openly gay life, and was a well known gay rights advocate and dude was commenting in reference to him - "BOOBIES - HIGH FIVE, BRUH" It was a comment on how freely people speak upon that which they do not know.

Bonus information: Basquiat was bisexual.

And, I'm done with this convo.

Just saw this post.

At the end of the day, you can type all that. And the **** behind him in the pic on the wall was still ayo.

Everyone knows who he was and his orientation. But that still doesn't mean that there wasn't a wall full of penises ******g and sucking other penises.

Nobody is attacking the man for his sexual orientation... A lot of people (myself included) were caught off guard. Thats all.

You seem offended by the fact that a bunch of straight guys are caught off guard by a picture of a bunch of penises... Really? :lol:

Much respect to the man and his art, and to him as an activist and the inspiration he still is to the world. But.... Come on bruh... Stop acting like a straight man doesn't have the right to react to something like a straight man. Thats not homophobia, thats just being heterosexual...

And you can't compare sucking **** to collecting sneakers...

Last edited:
yea, its interesting too throw stereotypical jargon and language about da gays.

but let it be about race and NT will be full on rustlemania

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom