☆☆ 2012 NBA Finals ☆☆ The King has been crowned; Heat win 2012 NBA Finals! Bron Finals MVP.

CP-got-Stern_d.gif

But everyone saying there needs to be balance in the league are not getting it.
There will NEVER be balance in the league so long as there are free agency, big cities, sponsors, etc.

These are humans not robots. They have the right to not sign what they dont want. They have the right to sign for a lower salary.

So if a guy like Paul refuses to commit to a team unless its a team he likes he has the right to do so.

just like a guy has the right to not demand a trade and play until his contract runs out and signs with a big market team.
there will NEVER be balance.

Valid points but how come the biggest league in the country could figure it out? I agree it's too late now for the NBA to mirror the NFL.... but the system is broken. It still is.  That's just my opinion and obviously large market fans will say differently. But if the goal is competitive balance and getting stars all over the country then the NBA is in a world of trouble. The fact that I had to read the last week that the Lakers were "rumored" to get Chris Paul AND Dwight Howard in a trade and not have to part with Kobe Bryant to do so told me enough of the current state of the NBA.

This isn't about Chris Paul or any superstars and their personal wants and rights. It's about the league as a whole.

Players are always going to want to play in the same markets, that has never changed. But they shouldnt have the system to do so for the best of the league. You can't have 12 superstars in 4 markets and then 5 superstars throughout the remaining 25+ teams. You are going to kill those markets but hey maybe they just don't care anymore. I rag on dudes like Gilbert but regardless of how he comes across sometimes (juvenile) you also know he is speaking for many owners and paying fans.

Originally Posted by morningstar7777

Originally Posted by HankMoody

'It's what Dan Gilbert and the other Overpayers Anonymous owners will never understand. In professional basketball, history trumps everything else. It's not just about playing in Los Angeles. It's about playing for the $*%%*%% Lakers. It's about following the footsteps of Magic, Kareem, Wilt, West, Baylor and Shaq. It's about Showtime, Nicholson, the yellow jerseys, the Laker Girls, even that awful Randy Newman song. It's about that buzz before a big Laker home game, when the place is packed with celebs and eye candy, when you're the best guy on the team, when you might as well be the king of the world. When these idiots complain about a "big market/small market" disparity, it's almost like they never followed the league before they bought their teams. Of course there's a disparity! What kid doesn't grow up wanting to play for the Celtics, Lakers or Knicks?"

Simmons is an idiot if he thinks small market owners should just "deal with it." These are gargantuan egos with gargantuan investments.

*MJ Voice*-"If you can't profit, sell the team."
And that's exactly the issue to me. Sell? To who? At what loss? Long-term, why would someone want to get involved with a small market team, with the current landscape of the NBA? Isn't that something that needs to be discussed? 

Originally Posted by nightruans

Originally Posted by JDiddy

Suns trade Pietrus to Toronto for 2nd round pick

Hill staying in Phoenix
pimp.gif
ohwell.gif
ohwell.gif
ohwell.gif

really wanted to see jared dudley play a whole season as the starting 3
ohwell.gif
. after signing shannon brown, guess dudley will be on the bench again this season
tired.gif

johnhollinger John Hollinger
"In the old days, Stern would have just made sure Scola and Martin failed their physicals. He's losing his touch. "

Originally Posted by knightngale

Appeal was blocked according to L.A. times

rigged
So there saying New Orleans got "cold feet" and blocked not the league, but the league owns the New Orleans Hornets. Do these clowns think we're this stupid?

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

knightngale wrote:
Appeal was blocked according to L.A. times

rigged
So there saying New Orleans got "cold feet" and blocked not the league, but the league owns the New Orleans Hornets. Do these clowns think we're this stupid?

Yup the NBA is totally out to get LA. Damn man LA never gets a fair break.
Last year LA was tired they could have 3 peated if they were rested, the refs help and if the mavs didn't play hard. But no the mavs/refs just didn't understand. 
ohwell.gif

Now LA is helping out the NO with this trade. I mean this is the BEST deal for them. But the NBA doesn't t like LA. Unfair.
30t6p3b.gif

I think Shannon and Dudley will fight for their starting job during training camp.  I would like to see Shannon start, only to see how he plays along side Nash.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by JDiddy

I think Shannon and Dudley will fight for their starting job during training camp.  I would like to see Shannon start, only to see how he plays along side Nash.
pimp.gif

dudley is more of a SF than a SG so shannon would be a better fit at the 2

Yeah he is, but the Suns had him playing shooting guard to end the season last year.  He can play either very well.

Dwight and his agent met with Prok last night without the Magic consent. Dwight fired his agent today and hired his dad, his trade request to Nets likely not happening

I like what Phoenix is doing. The Pacific is gonna be really competitive. Waiting for the Warriors to make their moves.

Dwight and his agent met with Prok last night without the Magic consent. Dwight fired his agent today and hired his dad, his trade request to Nets likely not happening

lolz wut? Not sure if serious...

Originally Posted by MoNeyLiCiouS

lolz wut? Not sure if serious...

Very.

Originally Posted by RyGuy45

But everyone saying there needs to be balance in the league are not getting it.
There will NEVER be balance in the league so long as there are free agency, big cities, sponsors, etc.

These are humans not robots. They have the right to not sign what they dont want. They have the right to sign for a lower salary.

So if a guy like Paul refuses to commit to a team unless its a team he likes he has the right to do so.

just like a guy has the right to not demand a trade and play until his contract runs out and signs with a big market team.
there will NEVER be balance.

Valid points but how come the biggest league in the country could figure it out? I agree it's too late now for the NBA to mirror the NFL.... but the system is broken. It still is.  That's just my opinion and obviously large market fans will say differently. But if the goal is competitive balance and getting stars all over the country then the NBA is in a world of trouble. The fact that I had to read the last week that the Lakers were "rumored" to get Chris Paul AND Dwight Howard in a trade and not have to part with Kobe Bryant to do so told me enough of the current state of the NBA.

This isn't about Chris Paul or any superstars and their personal wants and rights. It's about the league as a whole.

Players are always going to want to play in the same markets, that has never changed. But they shouldnt have the system to do so for the best of the league. You can't have 12 superstars in 4 markets and then 5 superstars throughout the remaining 25+ teams. You are going to kill those markets but hey maybe they just don't care anymore. I rag on dudes like Gilbert but regardless of how he comes across sometimes (juvenile) you also know he is speaking for many owners and paying fans.

Im getting Sick of hearing this 
For the past 20 years 7 different teams have won a championship. During the "Golden Era" the Celtics and Lakers dominated it all with nothing but BIG names. Small markets aren't losing out on players after a year or two. These guys are on these franchises for 6,7,8 years and are often sentenced to team mediocrity due to owners not wanting to spend money or having incompetent managers.

As Grown men they have every single right to leave there teams and play for franchises that are ran well. Nobody was forcing there hand to NY when Scott Layden was running it. Because they were terribly run. Now after 10 years of struggling and being the jokes of the league they did everything in their power to clear cap and build a respectable team.

The thunder just reupped on durant.... not because OKC is a giant market... because they have made GREAT moves and surrounded him with the pieces to be competitive for a long time.

Its all %@@%%+#@ that these owners are arguing about.. the NBA has ALWAYS been like this

Back
Top Bottom