☆☆ 2012 NBA Finals ☆☆ The King has been crowned; Heat win 2012 NBA Finals! Bron Finals MVP.

I don't think it's entirely Otis Smith's fault. Nobody would be able to have handled that train wreck. He just isn't happy where he is. They've tried to make moves, and that's where you fault Smith. They just couldn't pull in anyone big enough or with enough impact to please him. Now he's calling out his teammates, it's just a downward spiral from here.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Originally Posted by Kevin Cleveland

Second best blocking guard.
laugh.gif

How can that not spark a substantial debate...?
You can't, because it's true.
pimp.gif
I think people are saying that nobody cares. Except for you. 
Which is true.

I don't think it's entirely Otis Smith's fault. Nobody would be able to have handled that train wreck. He just isn't happy where he is. They've tried to make moves, and that's where you fault Smith. They just couldn't pull in anyone big enough or with enough impact to please him. Now he's calling out his teammates, it's just a downward spiral from here.

I'm talking about now.. The longer he keeps D12, the worse damage he will do to the organization...  He needs to end the train wreck by just pulling the trigger on the trade within the next couple weeks.. If he waits a month and a half it will get worse and worse..

Tell each team that he is being dealt. Put in your offers..

RT @HPBasketball Uh.... if Irving hits 1 more free throw out of every ten.... he's going to be a rookie going 50-40-90. With 23 points and 6 assists per 36.

Yea, he's not ROY 
laugh.gif

It's really bad timing. No team wants to disrupt what they have and any kind of cohesiveness they've built up and add a huge piece by tinkering with the lineups and not having anymore real practices until the ASG and the Playoffs. That's why we haven't seen very many trades since the lockout ended. The best teams right now are teams that didn't do much to shake up their rosters. OKC, Miami, Chicago, and Denver are all virtually the same teams as they were last year, with minor additions.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that teams shouldn't go after Dwight, they should, but the first shoe has to drop in terms of trades, and I think too many teams are still trying to gauge what their season will be, like the Lakers, Dallas, etc. Come trade deadline time? Yeah, we need to start talking, but until then, I don't see very many trades going down.

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

RT @HPBasketball Uh.... if Irving hits 1 more free throw out of every ten.... he's going to be a rookie going 50-40-90. With 23 points and 6 assists per 36.

Yea, he's not ROY 
laugh.gif

sick.gif
30t6p3b.gif

I doubted the kid because he had so little experience, but he's showing up.

Maybe it's just teams haven't scouted him well enough yet, but he seems to be ahead of a lot of guys in terms of scoring efficiency. It's so nice to see out of a PG. He has the long-ball, he has the ability to finish, he's damn good. A:TO ratio isn't great, but that's something I can live with if he's being so efficient everywhere else.

Rubio is ahead of him as far as assists go, but he turns it over just as much as Kyrie does, and he can't shoot yet. SUPER streaky. 37/33 vs 51/40. No comparison.

Oh oh oh but Rubio wins them more games,
laugh.gif

Is conditioning part of it? Yeah, but is the root of the problem his knee? Absolutely. Did playing this summer help his knee at all? No.

Do you see him huffing and puffing for air? Have you watched each game Dirk's played in since this season started? No? Didn't think so.

Do you read as much about the Dallas Mavericks as I do? No. Dirk himself said he thought his conditioning was fine. It's an excuse the media is making up and going with. Is his conditioning in top-shape? No, of course not, the Mavericks have had a GRUELING schedule. They have had very little time off. They haven't had much of a training camp, and very little practice time.

Coach Rick Carlisle and owner Mark Cuban suggested conditioning was a big reason for his early-season woes and the team's decision to shut him down for a week.

"No, I don't know why Coach threw that out there," Nowitzki bristled when asked about his conditioning. "I didn't have any problem with conditioning at all. You can never work hard enough on conditioning, but that wasn't holding me back."

Sorry, but you're wrong.
Fool, you even ADMITTED that conditioning is a part of it...which is what I was getting at.  And
laugh.gif
@ you making excuses.  I could have sworn you were the same dude defending Dirk not touching a basketball over the summer.  If it's not you, my bad.  But there was someone who follows the Mavs here on NT who was justifying Dirk's early struggles (before he took his 4 game 'breather") and giving him a pass because he's coming off a championship.  There are PLENTY of out-of-shape guys in the league right now.  No one is denying this.  However, Dirk is in rare company as far as being one of the few guys in the league who actually had to take time off to get their conditioning up. 

*Honest question, JapanAir...have you ever admitted you're wrong w. anything concerning the Mavs?  Just curious. 

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

*Honest question, JapanAir...have you ever admitted you're wrong w. anything concerning the Mavs?  Just curious. 
*I need that MJ popcorn gif in here STAT* 

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by University of Nike

Here we go.

We got time though, he'll be typing clear in to the night, just come back later and part 1 should be posted by then. 

Originally Posted by CP1708

*I need that MJ popcorn gif in here STAT* 

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

I brought up Dirk's conditioning being the reason why he missed 4 games...JapanAir got mad and said that wasn't the reason why he was out and we're a bunch of numbnuts...then only to then say conditioning was part of the problem. 

laugh.gif

*edit*

what did I get myself in to??? 
roll.gif
roll.gif
it was really an honest question...in dipping in/out of the NBA threads over the years, I can't remember him saying he was wrong.  Oh well
laugh.gif

Is conditioning part of it? Yeah, but is the root of the problem his knee? Absolutely. Did playing this summer help his knee at all? No.

Do you see him huffing and puffing for air? Have you watched each game Dirk's played in since this season started? No? Didn't think so.

Do you read as much about the Dallas Mavericks as I do? No. Dirk himself said he thought his conditioning was fine. It's an excuse the media is making up and going with. Is his conditioning in top-shape? No, of course not, the Mavericks have had a GRUELING schedule. They have had very little time off. They haven't had much of a training camp, and very little practice time.

Coach Rick Carlisle and owner Mark Cuban suggested conditioning was a big reason for his early-season woes and the team's decision to shut him down for a week.

"No, I don't know why Coach threw that out there," Nowitzki bristled when asked about his conditioning. "I didn't have any problem with conditioning at all. You can never work hard enough on conditioning, but that wasn't holding me back."

Sorry, but you're wrong.
Fool, you even ADMITTED that conditioning is a part of it...which is what I was getting at.  And
laugh.gif
@ you making excuses.  I could have sworn you were the same dude defending Dirk not touching a basketball over the summer.  If it's not you, my bad.  But there was someone who follows the Mavs here on NT who was justifying Dirk's early struggles (before he took his 4 game 'breather") and giving him a pass because he's coming off a championship.  There are PLENTY of out-of-shape guys in the league right now.  No one is denying this.  However, Dirk is in rare company as far as being one of the few guys in the league who actually had to take time off to get their conditioning up. 

Sure, when I'm wrong. I have no problem admitting when I'm wrong. I was wrong about Russell Westbrook not able to turn it around. He has. I still think he has a *%%+$# attitude, but he's playing great. I was wrong about Kevin Love too. I didn't think he'd explode as much as he did, and along with his weight loss, he's having the Wolves playing good basketball.

You're blaming Nowitzki saying that it's not responsible for him to be out of shape, when you're not getting the point.

The root of the problem, is his knee.

Maybe we're not clear here. My issue with what you're bringing up is about him not being in shape. Yes, he did take the summer off, and yeah, it probably was for the best because he's not as young as the rest of these guys, and he's also a heavy European competitor, just like Manu Ginobili. Manu gets plenty of rest because he's injured all the damn time. Dirk tries to play through injuries. This past time, they shut him down, he didn't want to be shut down. That's what I'm riding with, that's what he said, direct source. I trust in the dude enough to believe him. Could he be lying to us? Sure.

There's camp A (Carlisle, training staff) that believes he needs to get his knee right, AND his conditioning is way off.
Then there's camp B (Dirk himself) that didn't want to take time off to begin with, but knew his knee was bothering him, and said conditioning wasn't an issue.

My point on him not being in the best condition, is that he's never really in the best shape. He's always dinged up, sort of like Kobe, except Kobe has always pretty much been in great shape.

But there was someone who follows the Mavs here on NT who was justifying Dirk's early struggles (before he took his 4 game 'breather") and giving him a pass because he's coming off a championship.  There are PLENTY of out-of-shape guys in the league right now.  No one is denying this.  However, Dirk is in rare company as far as being one of the few guys in the league who actually had to take time off to get their conditioning up.

In all honesty, I don't see the issue of him taking four games off. Do you believe he doesn't have a knee issue and is just taking time off to get his conditioning in shape? Because he's been doing two-a-days, lifting to strengthen his knee, doing drills to get his knee right, things he couldn't do if he were playing. The reason why he took the games off is because Carlisle, and the training staff, believed it'd be beneficial with our previous four-game stand.

We won three of those four games, and were dominating for the first half of the one we lost. Carlisle believes in the depth of the team, and wanted to help get Lamar right. He wanted to give Lamar time to try and get his shots up. Was it successful? Yes and no. His games against New Orleans, Phoenix, and Utah were pretty good. Minnesota was a travesty and he was terrible.

I think we have one of the deepest teams in the NBA, thus being able to rest our star to get the rest of our team right, and try to get some cohesiveness with the new guys. That's why we saw Beaubois go off for 22 and play his best game as a Maverick, and that's why Lamar had three of four games in which he played well. Vince was also very good when he played while Dirk was out. Carlisle just believes in the depth of the team.

So what's the issue? Is it the fact that Dirk took time off and you think he was just trying to get his conditioning right and you're not cool with that?

And I'll gladly admit I'm wrong if you can show me something I'm wrong about. Erick Dampier helped bring us a championship in Tyson Chandler last year, and I said that he would be a trade-piece to help us contend.
wink.gif

I brought up Dirk's conditioning being the reason why he missed 4 games...JapanAir got mad and said that wasn't the reason why he was out and we're a bunch of numbnuts...then only to then say conditioning was part of the problem.

It's his knee that he rushed back from last year when he hurt it. You're blaming the root of the issue on his conditioning, when it's his knee.

How about we just say he's conditioning his knee and call it a day?
laugh.gif

You're blaming Nowitzki saying that it's not responsible for him to be out of shape, when you're not getting the point.

Where did I say that? You're making things up.

Here's my original quote:

1. Dirk is lucky he won that ring last year....I think anyone else would have gotten KILLED by the media for taking a 4 game mid-season hiatus for conditioning.

Where you get that I said it wasn't responsible for him to be out of shape, I'm not sure. All I said was that if he didn't get that ring last year, there wouldn't be as much sympathy for him taking mid-season break. That's all. Nothing more, nothing less.

My point is, who cares if he takes a four game "break?"

When what he's really doing is taking care of his knee.

That's what I'm trying to get at.

And I'm not making things up..

Yes, Dirk winning a ring was a good story and everybody's happy for him, but its unacceptable to go into the season out of shape and then have to sit games out to work on your conditioning no matter who you are.

Except, that wasn't you, that was someone else, my bad.
laugh.gif

Still though, I don't see what's wrong with him taking four games off to get his knee right. That's what he did.

I think conditioning is a part of every players hardship right now with having so many games packed into a short schedule. Taking a week off of games to have two-a-days and working on his knee was the reason Dirk decided to sit out. His coach went ahead and said it was his conditioning, which he may not have been happy with, but Dirk felt his conditioning was fine.

All I said was that if he didn't get that ring last year, there wouldn't be as much sympathy for him taking mid-season break. That's all. Nothing more, nothing less.

To me, it's no different from Wade sitting out however many games he did to get his body right. If you don't see it that way, that's fine, but that's what's been reported, and everything Dirk did during that hiatus had to do with his knee.

I saw the size of his response and immediately skipped over it.

Brevity. It is important.

Originally Posted by PMatic

Poor DoubleJs didn't know what he was getting into.
laugh.gif
I really had no clue
laugh.gif

I'm now seeing that going back and forth w. JA is like fighting a 5-alarm fire with only a dixie cup full of piss. 

I saw the size of his response and immediately skipped over it.

laugh.gif
I didn't know JA had it like that in here...
roll.gif

My point is, who cares if he takes a four game "break?"

When what he's really doing is taking care of his knee.

If it was just his knee, he would have been listed as day-to-day w. a minor knee injury.  There would have been NO mention of getting his conditioning up, which there was.  Big difference. 

Fun stat: Ricky Rubio is leading NBA with 18 charges drawn.

You wouldn't guess who is second.

Back
Top Bottom