☆☆ 2012 NBA Finals ☆☆ The King has been crowned; Heat win 2012 NBA Finals! Bron Finals MVP.

Originally Posted by Animal Thug1539

Thank you JA. Some of these idiots don't watch live basketball, they watch Highlight Express.

indifferent.gif

stop it

Originally Posted by Beware The Underdog

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Who is Rubio facilitating to?

Who does Kyrie have to facilitate to?

Rubio is still VERY raw scoring the ball. Kyrie isn't terrible at getting guys involved, he just doesn't have the kind of pieces that Rubio has. Minnesota is a team of athletes, how many real athlete does Kyrie have at his disposal?
Rubio is helping this wolves team win games. Love was getting double doubles and losing. With Ricky they have a shot at the 8th seed in the west.

Kyrie is alright but Ricky is my pick for ROY.

laugh.gif
at 19 Ricky was a far better PG then Kyrie. Ricky played in the 08 Olympics at 17. Enough said.
That's exactly my point. Rubio technically played professional ball for 4+ years already. Compare that to Kyrie who's only played 11 college games. Rubio got drafted to a team who's got Kevin Love. The best PF in the league. Probably the most athletic team in the West. That opens up more fast breaks and transitional plays for Rubio to take advantage of. And sure enough, he's averaging 9 assists because of that.
Kyrie is overall a better scorer, better rebounder and better spot up player than Rubio. Not to mention Rubio is averaging nearly 6-7 more minutes a game than Kyrie. His stats don't truly reflect his skills set because Byron Scott is limiting his play. 

Bottom line is, Rubio is on a better team right now. A team that exploits his skills and that's why we're debating this. Rubio; good player on a great team. Kyrie? Great player on a garbage team.

Rubio is still VERY raw scoring the ball. Kyrie isn't terrible at getting guys involved, he just doesn't have the kind of pieces that Rubio has. Minnesota is a team of athletes, how many real athlete does Kyrie have at his disposal?
Rubio is helping this wolves team win games. Love was getting double doubles and losing. With Ricky they have a shot at the 8th seed in the west.

laugh.gif
at 19 Ricky was a far better PG then Kyrie. Ricky played in the 08 Olympics at 17. Enough said.
Oh yeah, because Kyrie was going to be an Olympic player with guys like Paul, Rose, and Deron Williams going for Team USA.

Please tell me, who is the back-up PG for Spain? Navarro? I rest my case. Who cares if he started for Spain at the age of 17, it's international basketball.

Minnesota is 9-10 while Cleveland is 7-11. The players that Rubio has to work with >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> what Kyrie does.

I'm not saying that Kyrie is a better passer/facilitator, but in terms of a better player? Don't write Kyrie off, that's all I'm saying.

That's not even mentioning that Kyrie has played maybe a total of 25. games outside of high school.

Originally Posted by Buc Em

Highlights? Sure. Better creator? Yeah. Better scorer? No. Better shooter? No.

Rubio's great for Minnesota, and Kyrie is great for Cleveland.

Isn't it the point guard's job to facilitate the ball and create plays? Or is it to shoot the ball and score a bunch of points?
Rubio is obviously the better POINT GUARD, and if you don't think that you haven't played a day of meaningful basketball in your life. But I do agree that they both are great in their own ways and do what's most needed for their teams. Should be a Co-ROY if the season keeps playing out how it has.

Thank you. 
People really need to lay off Rubio's nuts for 2 seconds...

Cleveland has a bunch of random pieces of trash thrown together, I mean A.Jamison is their 2nd best player (
laugh.gif
) yet they're somehow staying competitive and getting some W's on occasion. 

Can the NBA not give the ROY to Rubio b/c he's been a pro since 14?
laugh.gif

Good win for the Wolves
pimp.gif

Nuggets on NBA TV Association
pimp.gif

you act like Rubio is playing with an amazing team, werent like 99% of you hating on Love and saying he wasnt "that" good? SMH

Once again I see nothing from Kyrie. Do not see what's the fuss about this rook.

He's a teenager with a 20.6 PER. Here's the list of players 20 years old or younger who've put up a PER over 20.

axiude.jpg

No one saying the wolves are a great team. But they are in the hunt for the 8th seed thanks to Ricky.
Ricky went to an organization that has been building around him since the 09 draft. Please you can't hold that against Ricky.
We all know cLeavLand aint never gonna put pieces around Irving. Word to Bron Bron

Like I said Rubio is numero uno for ROY.

laugh.gif
LOL at your back story.....
lets just change the subject though

When did a finals MVP become such an important accomplishment? I mean in the grandest of schemes when was this?
Dennis Johnson never got this type of credit. It would get a passing mention, but it would always be to show how good he was in the present.

Billups hits 3 big shots a year, and none of them in the playoff''s (lately) and he maintains a reputation that absolves him from the fact he was never a true point, and has always had a problem with jacking up pullup 3's.

I have seen him win games doing this, but how often does this happen? About as often as Randy Moss uses weed...

Here's a quick scramble of who I think MAKES the west. I'm not putting who gets what, because it's too unpredictable.

OKC, Dallas, LAL, LAC, San Antonio, Denver, Portland, Memphis.

Houston and Minnesota are the two outliers. Denver has been playing phenomenal, and if they get back any of the dudes from China, they'll make it in fine I think, barring any injuries. Ty, Nene, Danilo, and Afflalo is a good enough core to make the Playoffs this year. Portland will probably make it too just because they are well-coached and the talent they have on their team. Memphis I think makes it in just because of the same reason Portland does. They are well-coached, and there's too much talent on that team for them not to make it this year, but it depends on the recovery of Zach Randolph and them staying healthy.

The rest of those teams are locks barring any significant injury.

Houston has a chance of knocking one of them off, they've been playing really well as a team. In a head-to-head, I think Houston is a btter team than Minnesota. Kyle Lowry is having an excellent year, Scola is quietly being very efficient scoring, Kevin Martin is the much-needed scoring guard that can shoot from outside.

I'd like to see Minnesota healthy though with Barea in that line-up. I won't write off Minnesota, but they have to keep playing well.

What it comes down to is playing well enough to knock off either the Blazers or Memphis, which I really find it tough to do.

Originally Posted by gangsta207therevolution

Originally Posted by Animal Thug1539

*EDIT* I agree, let's change the subject.

You just provided the next topic.
I dont agree that the Wolves they are a playoff team. everyone out west is gone end up bunched up though.
They're 7-4 against the West. 
That's a better Western record than Memphis, Houston, Utah, Clippers and Denver.

A good PG and a great PF is what you need to survive in the West.

Back
Top Bottom