☆☆ 2012 NBA Finals ☆☆ The King has been crowned; Heat win 2012 NBA Finals! Bron Finals MVP.

Originally Posted by you big dummy

The Mike Brown-Kobe era has begun
5788720.jpg

kobe with the idgaf face
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Big J 33

I want to hear who else he considers of his magnitude for the record.
[font='Helvetica Neue', Arial, Helvetica, 'Liberation Sans', FreeSans, sans-serif]
[/font]

He'll most likely retire with more rings than Melo.

Why is everybody stacking up in the East? Whoever makes the Finals from the East may end up being burnt out. If Dwight goes to NJ, then you have...
Celtics - the big 4 + West

Heat - big 3 + added bench

Bulls - reigning MVP, Deng, Boozer, Noah and Rip

Nets - Dwight and Dwill

Knicks - Melo, Amare, Chandler

The Atlantic division is going to be a $*@++@* battle between the Nets, Knicks and Celtics. 

Realistically, who in the West has the depth and good players to make a deep run with the current set up (going by the playoff teams from last year)? 

Dallas - still have to wait til' the off-season ends, but looking at the current make up doesn't look too good for them

Spurs - Jefferson is gone and they haven't added anyone yet. Their main weakness was big man depth and they haven't did anything yet. They also lost Hill.

Lakers - if this trade goes through and they don't get Dwight, what happens then? Frontline is busted if deal goes through, Bynum MUST stay healthy

OKC - keeping the team together which is good. the teams that were ahead of them last year are all worse (at least I think so). Not saying this is the case by the end of the off-season.

Portland - cursed

Hornets - possible playoff team, but 1st round exit

Nuggets - have yet to re-sign any of their guys. if they can't get Nene or Chandler back from China, they have declined

Grizz - added Rudy to the mix, lost Battier and hopefully re-signs Marc. If they re-sign Marc, they are right up there with OKC (if Dallas, Lakers don't make any more improvements)

The West could possibly be on its last legs if the rest of these stars fall into place out East (Dwight, Williams). There really won't be any top tier stars left to be moved unless they get traded for each other. 
laugh.gif
 OKC/Grizz can really run the West for the next few years. Oh, and I forgot about the Clippers and TWolves...Clippers are pretty close, but missing out on Dwight and Paul may slow their progress down just a bit. If they were to get one of those guys, they are right up there with OKC/Grizz. Twolves, they have another year or two before they can talk playoffs. It really depends on how quickly their young guys develop.

Now, tell me if I'm wrong?

edit: I wonder what's going to happen to some of the young guys from the 08' class that don't get an extension (i.e. OJ?) I'm thinking he goes to a team that believes he can play PG. If not, I wouldn't be surprised if he goes out East as well. They wouldn't have the money or would they? Love already signed his extension? Lopez? Gordon may dip out? Beasley? Gallinari? Alot of these guys could go anywhere as well and possibly make an impact. 

I think his skillset is around worth that price for Jeff Green, but not if you are going to bring him off the bench and continue to under/misuse him. I was hoping he would go to a bad team and get a starting gig like the Clips or somewhere.

The Thunder amnestied Nate Robinson by the way if anyone is looking for a sparkplug off the bench PG with scoring ability.

We also reupped Dacquan Cook for 7.5 mil over 2 yrs, and for some reason (because he is KD's homebody) Royal Ivey is still on the team.

Mike Bibby is beyond done. He didn't even play better than Carlos Arroyo was for the Heat last yr. Hell, Miami would be better off grabbing Nate off waivers.

Originally Posted by AB Doom

THE NEW YORK KNICKS ARE DUMB!!!

WHY WOULD YOU WAIVE THE BEST POINT GUARD YOU'VE HAD SINCE WALT FRAZIER!!!

BILLUPS STILL HAS 3-4 GOOD YEARS LEFT 16 ppg and 8-9 assists! NY will be a 4 seed or worst without Billups!!!

THESE FOOLS REALLY WAIVED BILLUPS...there goes your BIG 3...LOL LOL!

SOMEBODY IS SMOKING CRACK IN THE KNICKS FRONT OFFICE...DANTONI IS A CANCER!

C. come back home to Detroit where they play real basketball!

clotheslinebradshaw.gif

Originally Posted by Scientific Method

I think his skillset is around worth that price for Jeff Green, but not if you are going to bring him off the bench and continue to under/misuse him. I was hoping he would go to a bad team and get a starting gig like the Clips or somewhere.
Eh, I agree the price is okay since players like that don't normally sign 1 yr deals but I don't think his skill set justifies it at all. I see his value going way down after this season. He's a tweener that can't truly play the 3 or the 4. (probably best as a stretch 4 though) I don't see the Celtics playing him much considering he's the 3rd PF (behind KG and West) and the backup SF behind Pierce. He had a similar role last year and he didn't seem to comfortable with it. I see him being a good Rashard Lewis type player when he was with the Magic. A tweener 3/4 who can really defend the pick and roll and stretch the defense with 3s. There's value in that if you have a good center. Lewis was taller and a better shooter, though. Can't see him getting more than the MLE next year. Tbh I've never been a fan.

Funny, but that mindset is missing on a lot of teams. Why go into camp without shooting for a ring? I love that from him
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

That's a teammate that I would love to have

Love will be a restricted free agent next summer if he doesn't sign an extension in the coming weeks. The Wolves could match any offer he receives from another team. Or Love could accept a $6.1 million qualifying offer to play one more season and become an unrestricted free agent in 2013.

Its gone take max money imo..... better take this Boozer trade... lol

Originally Posted by soychulo

Originally Posted by Big J 33

I want to hear who else he considers of his magnitude for the record.
[font='Helvetica Neue', Arial, Helvetica, 'Liberation Sans', FreeSans, sans-serif]
[/font]

He'll most likely retire with more rings than Melo.
Kudos, you took a question of individual talent and applied the team accomplishment of an NBA title to it. That still doesn't answer my question, because while Billups was a key role in a team that won a championship, that doesn't give me an answer of who he thinks he's comparable to.

Back
Top Bottom